1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Henrik Larsson

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by PaddyBhoy, Apr 4, 2011.

Discuss Henrik Larsson in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Anyone think he’d make a good assistant to Lenny?

Lilac Wine likes this.
  2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

3. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Legends. Actually have a lot of respect for Fergie.

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Canny believe how sexy Henrik looks.

bagforlife, Rydo1888* and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  5. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I’m not sure I would ever want Larsson at the club in that kinda role.

Lennon gets a bit of stick on here from time to time and that’s bad enough. Some * starts having a go at Larsson and I would become one of those guys offering square goes to anonymous internet forum members, without a doubt.

McChiellini.., Smithy, Marie and 4 others like this.
  6. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

:56:

Fair enough mate..

7. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    His legacy here is fine just the way it is.

Wouldn’t want him coaching here, even as striker coach. As weird as that may sound. The memories and legend is enough for me. Makes him even more special that he isn’t always here, if he was here all the time it would make him seem less *-like.

Ok now I’m rambling :56:

StPauli1916 likes this.
  8. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Two legends of football right there!

Rydo1888* likes this.
  9. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    :56::56:

Nailed on that!

10. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    His first season up here he won a Double, first season down there won the League, first season at a top European club won the CL(and League), first World Cup he reached the semis - just those 4 seasons alone outdone Gerrards entire career :56:

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

12. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I think he would create a nice balance to Lenny's full on emotive personality. He certainly talks a lot of sense whenever I've seen him interviewed as a pundit.

He make me feel not too much a newbie when he said 'Yes we seen Messi and I asked Van Bronkhorst, who is this kid?' and he said 'Oh that's Messi, he's just came up from Barca B.'

Henrik was prompted to say did he see the genius straight away and he said 'No, well I din't know how him and we had Ronaldinho so I didn't even think we'd find someone to replace him so no it wasn't any magic moment for me. But of course it turns out Messi did overtake Ronaldinho."

That's what I thought! I feel a pure tube for admitting it although I've mentioned it enough times, I really couldn't understand the paradigm shift in style that Messi brought, he is by far the most economical player I've ever seen and that frustrated me because in history of football all the greats are flamboyant but Messi was just like euclidean in his determination to get to goal and score, even when he dribbles past players he hardly moves away from that straight line toward goal.

Of course his magic then unfolded itself like an orchid and as we all witnessed it was a new style of football he invented. personally one that is supe

But back to Larsson, he's got a brilliant football mind, think of all the important goals he scores especially those two headers in the UEFA Final, they were worthy of winning even the greatest of trophies. Zidane won a world cup using such prodigious heading ability.

So when I said balance between Henke and Lenny I was thinking, Lenny has proven what a fantastic tactical brain he has on him but mostly for defence whereas I think Larrson could offer great attacking insight. I'm not suggesting Lenny can't play attacking football, he proved that in Spartak with Sammy's glorious last minute header, first away win ever in the CL I think?

Larsson has a great brain, can handle the massive club like Celtic as he's been here, can handle the greatest competition as he created to assists to win it. I just think he needs more time in an assisstant role. As far as I'm aware it didn't quite work out well for him in Scandinavia. Ronny would've make a decent assisstant but Lenny doesn't know him which could risk a personality clash because their coaching methods are too different. Larrson and Lenny have a lot of experiance playing together, know how each other think and I genuinely think it would be worth a go.

The big question when we're possibly three seasons away from History is how many fans would want to tinker with new experiments?

All I can think is I'm sure if it's not working out Lenny and Henke would both be the first to admit it and part ways.

The biggest question has to be, who will be his assisstant and will be definitely have the history and pedigree Larsson has?

It's not a romantic notion just because it would be great to see those two lift a 10th trophy, at this stage of the challange there is no time for sentimentality.

Whoever Lenny picks I'll trust him. He's still my favourite for manager as I think he's so aware of the culture of the club and how much it means so losing will not be acceptable to him.

I did say Rafa Benitez would be great as he is a proven manager at the highest level but could he handle our budget and pressure? Probably pressure he's ok with but the the enermous challenge of having to win the next three leagues. He could easily walk away if he fails and it might affect him a few weeks but if Lenny failed it would destroy him fro the rest of his career.

So aye, Larsson would mame a good contrast in personality and keep Lenny from getting too emotional in his decisions.

That was only supposed to be the last line for the whole post but it's too difficult to talk about Lenny and Larsson without getting carried away :60:

cidermaster, bagforlife and JC Anton like this.
  13. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace

Brilliant, knew he did all that but didn't realise it was so discrete. My favourite was him coming on with 30 minutes in the CL final when Barca had run out of ideas and he provides two assists and Theirry Henry going nuts "Everyone talks about Ronaldinho, Eto'o, all the big names but I only seen one player tonight, I only seen Henrik Larsson' :drag:

Still, in the EPL Media you'll never hear that comparison against St Slippy.

PS I only found out the other day that he did a mini huddle after winning a game during Rodger's challenge and he's shouting to his players, 'there will be no slip up now!!'' :54:

14. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Aye. Swerve just pm'd to ask if you were ever going to get to your * point Marty :56:

15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Boooooo..

Twisty and The IRA like this.
  16. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    Cena and McChiellini.. like this.
  17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    * that mate..

Can you imagine him putting a couple past Bain in the warm ups?

Paul would go off his nut :triplomur

The IRA likes this.
  18. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

:56:

19. honda Gold Member Gold Member

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member