1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Henrik’s Heroes v Lubo’s Legends Sunday, May 28, kick off 2pm Premier sports

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Dec 26, 2016.

Discuss Henrik’s Heroes v Lubo’s Legends Sunday, May 28, kick off 2pm Premier sports in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

CELTIC Football Club are delighted to confirm that tickets are now on general sale for Henrik’s Heroes v Lubo’s Legends – a legends’ charity match featuring fans’ favourites Larsson and Moravcik. It will take place at Celtic Park on Sunday, May 28, 2017, with a 2pm KO.

This unique event, which will be hosted by Celtic FC Foundation, will see two legends of the highest order make a much-anticipated return to Paradise and the squads will include a host of former players and celebrity fans.

It’s set to be a fantastic event around the 50th anniversary of this club’s greatest achievement and it’s certain that the Lisbon Lions will be honoured on the day.

Net proceeds of the game will be devoted to Celtic FC Foundation, a charity aiming to uphold and promote the founding principles of our football club. The four priorities are to improve health, promote equality, encourage learning and tackle poverty and the Foundation have a strong track record of delivering successful community-based projects.

Tickets are now on general sale, on a first come first served basis – maximum of 10 per person - priced at £12 for adults and £6 for concessions*.

Tickets are available to purchase online at www.celticfc.net, by calling 0871 226 1888** or by visiting the Celtic Ticket Office. The lower tier will be on sale in the first instance and Rail Seating does not apply to this match.

Premium tickets (£30) and corporate packages (£135) are also available by calling 0871 226 1888** (Option 4) or emailing matchdayhospitality@celticfc.co.uk Celtic FC Foundation is a registered Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation, number SC024648.

* Concessions 65+/Under 16s.

** Calls cost 13p per minute, plus your phone company’s access charge. Booking fees apply online and via our sales line.

2. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Bought mine the other week, can't wait for it and hopefully will be a sell out :50:

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

LUBO Moravcik may be managing a team against fellow Celtic great Henrik Larsson in the hotly-anticipated Celtic FC Foundation charity match at Celtic Park on May 28, but the Slovakian playmaker still intends to pull on the boots again in Paradise. And that news will delight the Hoops support who still revere the mercurial midfielder following his four-year spell at the club.

Signed by Josef Venglos in October, 1998, Moravcik was 33 and an unknown quantity in Scotland, and his acquisition attracted scorn and derision in some quarters of the media.
    But within weeks of his arrival he made that assessment look extremely foolish, bagging a brilliant brace as he inspired the Bhoys to a 5-1 rout of Rangers.

One of the most gifted players ever to wear the Hoops, Moravcik departed in the summer of 2002 as a Celtic legend, having made 129 appearances and scoring 35 goals.

And although he is now 51, Moravcik reckons there is still some magic left in his legs as he told this week’s Celtic View of his delight at being asked back to Paradise for such a special event.

“To be honest, it’s a big honour for me to select a team against Henrik,” he said in an exclusive interview. “I am very proud to be asked to do this against one of the biggest players in Celtic’s history.

"The problem is everyone is younger than me! I am over 50 now so it will be a problem for me to be as good! It’s really special for me and I hope many fans come along for the game and hopefully we can have a full stadium, which would be fantastic.

A host of ex-Celts and celebrities have been lined up to participate in the charitable event, which will raise funds for Celtic FC Foundation, and Moravcik believes it will be a special day for everyone inside the stadium.

“I'm very pleased to be going back to Glasgow and I'm very happy to see my friends and the fans,” he said. “It’s a perfect occasion for me to go back and it’s for a good reason as well. It’s very good for Celtic to have these charity matches and to collect money for the people who need it.

“It’s a great cause and it’s going to be a fun day for the players and the fans. There will be around 40 former players on the pitch and it will be great way to end the season. Everyone is going to benefit as the players will see each other again, the fans will enjoy it and the charity will raise money for those who really need it, so everyone will be very happy at the event.

“It’s good to do something for the fans at the end of the season and the charitable reason is the ideal way to do it. The supporters have been back this season and the stadium has been full and it’s a great time to have this game as there will be many former Celtic players on the pitch.”

4. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Just got three tickets for 111 for me and my bhoys.

Anyone know if the GB will be taking up an allocation for the standing section for this?

lockerbie-bhoy likes this.
  5. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Got tickets for this be my we boys first time at parkhead have a feeling well see Jordan on the pitch at sometime

6. Liam Fraser

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    Gran got me my tickets. Uncle Paul is taking me and my cousin Luke to his first game.

Mr Shelby likes this.
  7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

EXCITEMENT is building at the prospect of two Celtic legends of the highest order returning to Paradise and the response from supporters has been magnificent.

The Henrik’s Heroes v Lubo’s Legends charity match featuring fans’ favourites Larsson and Moravcik will take place at Celtic Park on Sunday, May 28, 2017, with a 2pm KO.

So who will be joining Henrik and Lubo on the hallowed turf? First up is Joos Valgaeren and not long after making his debut in July, 2000, the defender took part in the 6-2 win over Rangers that included Larsson’s deft chip.

He recalled: “I was just a small-town boy from Belgium and I suppose I sort of grew up the day of the 6-2 game.

“His chipped goal is rightfully considered a classic. The Rangers defenders that day will still have sleepless nights because of Henrik.”

The Belgian will meet up again with the Swede as well as Lubo when he plays on May 28, and he added

“I have memories of both of them, almost like a fan. The Celtic family can be very happy with them. They were incredible players. I feel so proud to have played for the same club as them never mind the same team. It is magnificent too that the Lisbon Lions will be honoured.

“They are so much part of the history of such a great club.”

Joos is now back in his homeland, working as a surveyor after completing a degree after he retired from football in 2010. But part of him is still at Celtic Park.

He said: “I played five years for a beautiful club so it is now in my blood. I am a supporter, if only from a distance.

“There are so many great memories of Henrik. The big impression was how hard he worked. He worked for the team, every moment. I was happy – and other players were happy – to work for him. But he worked for us.

“That was a big thing for the team. He was always trying. His scoring ability was obviously great but we should not forget the way he worked.”

Joos added: “Henrik and Lubo were technically so good. Those games against Rangers and those incredible European nights like the 4-3 win over Juventus under the Celtic Park lights remain the highlights of my playing career.

“I am looking forward to stepping out on the park again. It is for such a good cause. It is what the club is all about. It will be a great day.”

Henrik’s Heroes versus Lubo’s Legends is a Celtic FC Foundation charity match which will allow us to help more people in our communities and beyond.

9. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    My tickets arrived today.

Genuinely feels like I just got cup final tickets :56:

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

ANOTHER fans’ favourite is returning to Paradise for Celtic FC Foundation’s charity match at the end of the season with John Hartson set to be reunited with two of his former team-mates, Henrik Larsson and Lubo Moravcik, for the game on Sunday, May 28.

The Welsh striker is always delighted at the opportunity to play in front of the Hoops fans, and would clearly love the chance to score again at Celtic Park

Now 41, the former Celt netted an impressive 110 goals in 201 appearances for the Hoops during five years at the club, and among the many highlights from his time at the club, one goal in particular will always savoured by supporters – his strike against Liverpool at Anfield in March 2003 in the second leg of the UEFA Cup quarter-final clash with Liverpool.

It gave Celtic a 2-0 win on the night and a 3-1 aggregate victory, putting the team a step closer to the final in Seville.

The goal saw the Welsh internationalist combine with Henrik Larsson before unleashing an unstoppable shot from 25 yards out that sent the Celtic fans in the stadium into raptures. It still remains a favoured memory with Hartson too.

“I suppose it was one of my best goals, and certainly one of the most important,” he told the official Celtic website. “It stands out in the memory. It was such a crucial goal but the strange thing is, it should have been a foul before that but the referee did not blow for when Sami Hyypia pushed me in the back. I played a one-two with Henrik and he just rolled it back into my path with perfect pace.”

Not surprisingly, having witnessed the talents of both Henrik and Lubo at close quarters during his time at Celtic, John Hartson is a fan of both players, and considers himself lucky to have played alongside the two of them in what was an extremely strong side under Martin O’Neill.

“Both were terrific players,” he explained. “Henrik is in the all-time top three of strikers in Celtic’s history. That is no mean feat. The word legend gets used far too often. Legend is a word for Billy McNeill and Jimmy Johnstone, in my humble opinion. They are genuine greats but Henrik is also in that category. I was blessed to play with him and blessed to play with all that team, to be honest.

“And Lubo was a maverick. Lots of people may have been wondering who he was or where he had been when he signed, but a mate of mine, Brian Stein, played against Lubo in France. He told me Lubo was tremendous so I knew about him and was not surprised at his quality.”

And as someone who continues to do so much impressive work for charity, John Hartson knows that the real winner on what will be a special day at Paradise will be Celtic FC Foundation.

“I’m sure it will be a full house and it will be nice to catch up with a few of the old Bhoys,” he said. “The main thing – for fans and players – is to be there. This is all about a great cause. It is for Celtic FC Foundation and will aid the great work the people there are doing. It will be an honour and privilege to be amongst the Bhoys and in front of the fans again.”

Henrik’s Heroes versus Lubo’s Legends will take place at Celtic Park on Sunday, May 28, 2017, with a 2pm kick-off.

11. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Since i can't be there, i hope they bring a DVD out of the match.

Ewang83 likes this.
  12. Jax Teller

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thumb
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldier song
    Any word of the line-ups?

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Hartson and Joos so far more announced in due course.

Jax Teller likes this.
  14. Jax Teller

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thumb
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldier song
    Keep us posted Pablo the Timscobar.

15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

:50::56:

16. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Announce Rab Douglas

17. James Gold Member Gold Member

Announce Bobo the mad bassa

18. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    Announce Lenny

19. Cmcgregor90

I think Jordan larssson should make an appearance up top with his dad that would be amazing

20. Paul McAuley

Actually think it would be relevant. He grew up around our club. We seen him as a wee guy a lot. Hope this happens.

Give Jordan a taste of his future and his past