1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Helsingborgs vs Celtic 21/08 Kick off 7.45 - Live on STV

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by victoryamaha, Aug 18, 2012.

Discuss Helsingborgs vs Celtic 21/08 Kick off 7.45 - Live on STV in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Fiferbhoy1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    skinheads aren't intrinsically racist scum. most original skinhead (around 1969) were actually west indian. The NF and they * hijacked the mainstream view of the skins subculture.

I could be described as a skin- shaved head, wear DMs, listen to Oi, hardcore and punk etc. But I'm also a card carrying communist, hate racism and any type of discrimination in all its forms.

dont tar all skins with the same brush

although those Helsingborg fans in the pics do look like scummy *.

sadly, the right wing is on the increase throughout europe. Sweden is no different.

2. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Sad to hear that there was trouble between the two sets of fans, thought that they'd all get on.

Pleased with the win, hope we finish off the job in the second leg.

3. Soul Rebel

Fav Celtic Player:
    Commons/Sammy/Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony & Toy Town
    Is anybody able to sum up what the helsingborg fans did wrong last night? I have no idea.

4. McKarlson

Their casuals.

5. C2911

I'm not going to paint all Helsingborg fans with the same brush, because I've seen fair few on here who are fair and pretty good posters.

Not sure why some of them are behaving the way they are, but that's that. There are arseholes in every corner of the globe.

6. Soul Rebel

Fav Celtic Player:
    Commons/Sammy/Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    what did they actually do?

7. C2911

There was talk of them singing the Billy Boys and chanting other scummy things, some trouble in a pub over there. If you've read their forum there are a few posts that make it seem like they cannot stand Celtic.

To be honest I think it's all just been blown out of proportion a bit.

8. 8282

I honestly don't get the lot of you. What would you have us do? Cheer for your players while holding hands on the the stands chanting Henrik Larssons name?

Yes, apparently there was an isolated incident where a couple of guys were looking for trouble with the 'yous' attending our local pub. And yes we have a song with the Billy boys melody that goes years back and we did so happen to take the * out of you, chanting "You're not famous anymore".

When I attend Glasgow, run in to some guys looking to dance and get the * taken out of me at the stands, I'll make sure to ridicule your entire support. Fair enough?

9. im_ant

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    We're the best fans in the world, you are not :bbpd: :bbpd:

10. Soul Rebel

Fav Celtic Player:
    Commons/Sammy/Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Was it actually the billy boys or just in tune to it? Because hundreds of teams down here sing a song in tune to the billy boys.

11. Dazza

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    How many Swedes will be accompanying you to Glasgow? Taking into consideration your lot were criticizing us for our small support, I'd expect at least a few thousand.

12. Soul Rebel

Fav Celtic Player:
    Commons/Sammy/Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    :frilly:

13. 8282

Considering the score in the first leg, a qualified guess would lead me to 5-600 but I've been wrong before so don't take my word for it, and the tickets to the stand were released only yesterday so I don't know no count.

14. victoryamaha Gold Member Gold Member

Dont forget to bring a pen and paper to take notes..

You might learn a few things from the best fans in the world!!:bbpd:

Also you must be hurting very bad to come on here with a first post like that one on the previous page:*:

15. mfisher

Fair point. Dont tar the full Helsinborg support for the actions of a minority. We all have a minority of idiots that follow us.

16. Cathairbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joe Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    They think they're the dugs balls cause' they drowned out our fans, when we were only given 600 tickets. Dicks.

17. chris89

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA/Fields of Athenry
    Don't worry, come next week we will show they what drowning out truly means and how every clubs fans should support the team :50:

18. mfisher

And what?? Does it really matter?? I watched it on the tv and they did make a lot of noise for most of the game but what does it really matter??

19. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Dont care if they sing billy boys. Because we wont hear them in the next tie anyway.. Just watched the full replay on swedish television and we (600 Celts) Where louder then 12000 helsingborg fans from min55-90.

They can sing whatever they want in the EL groupstages. Because we are going to play CL football.

No point to argue anyway.. Every team have a small amount of scumbags.. Ive only met friendly Helsingborg fans yesterday

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2012
  20. Derrybhoy1

Think this has gone too far :56: .... We don't expect the fans to hold hands and sing a song, you're our rivals so there should be a competitiveness and banter between the fans. I don't know about this incident of fighting but if it's true that Celtic fans entered a Helsingborgs fans pub, then I can see why there was tension but for fights etc to break out over that is ridiculous. Pre-match you can share a few pints and drinks and have a laugh before going to support your team at the game.

As for the whole support during the game, we had a small allocation, obviously we are not going to be outsinging the rest of the ground, and granted Helsingborgs fans did make a fair bit of noise, and I'm sure our fans will make even more next week as there'll be more of us and a bigger stadium (notice the main factor being numbers?)

If any Helsingborgs fans are coming on just to have a pop then there's no point, come on and talk about the game, fair enough, but get a grip.

Also, the whole "casuals" idea is spreading throughout Europe so I wouldn't call Helsingborgs scum for that, every club has idiots, and to be fair some of the Helsingborgs fans that have came on here have been reasonable.

Anyway, bring on the game next week and here's hopefully to us progressing and getting back in the big time :celt_2::shamrock: