1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Helicopter crashed into The Clutha bar

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Smarty1888, Nov 29, 2013.

Discuss Helicopter crashed into The Clutha bar in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Unfortunately it's almost a certainty they'll find more bodies when they move the helicopter.

2. Smarty1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    joe ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Thought it might have been the * who tweeted, wish it had crashed half a mile up the road in the Gallowgate. Some folk never learn.:54:

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

[​IMG]
    Neil Lennon Paying His Respects Today.

4. Bonobhoy

I give my condolences to everyone involved and this is a tragic accident,the time taken to investigate and shift through the wreckage is time consuming and must be heartbreaking for the families,for their innocent ones to go out for a drink/work and never come back....I hope you all the best in the recovery.

However, I understand the media have to cover an event etc as difficult as this,but is it just me that get really * annoyed at the coverage this is getting,they are dragging people that where in the pub to ask them what went on,they are breaking down on tv etc,anything to get more story than the others...obviously this is there job but its * horrific how much attention this is getting,i hear rock concerts etc getting setup? FFS.....as stated this has nothing to do with the tragic accident but to hold concerts etc I think is just sad as *.....let the people grieve in piece ffs.....don't get them on tv to tell their horrific story,i mean the guy that came on and they where asking about the blood on his shirt ffs.....And again this is a tragic accident and I am fully behind everyone involved but the reaction is way over the top by the media here IMO...heaven forbid theres ever a plane crash etc

This isn't flaming * btw,my opinion is the * media are way way over the top.....yes find out information but don't drag people onto the camera and ask them what really happened,you can see they are upset as * man....

Nice to see neil lennon amongst others there today
    RIP

5. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

H&S is so important nowadays,I can't believe what I have to go through at times,not to mention the emergency services.

A while ago,if you can remember a women in Scotland fell down a shaft,fire crew were called they would not go down but wanted to and the lady died because of red tape

I have every tool ( paper document) under the sun , basically if I have an accident and pre -procedures have not been followed then I am screwed

Companies are sick of being the bad guys,taken to court and are putting the responsibility
    On there employees

No wonder everything in the rescue op was done by the book even if it upsets a few.

6. Bonobhoy

yeah deffo understand this...its all rulebook stuff and health and safety.....but its the media coverage of it that sickens me a little now...way way over the top.....rock concerts? really? just hand in the money if you want,they need it now,not after we pay to see jedward and Justin bieber...

An as stated, asking a guy whos blood that is? * me man

7. atomicvertigo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy burns
    Bonobhoy, the people can decline to do these interviews mate.

8. Mr. Slippyfist

They're not doing any harm though are they?

9. atomicvertigo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy burns
    No not at all I think bono was saying in someway the media is exploting ithe situation, personally I don't think they are.

That's why I said people can decline to speak in front of camera.

10. Bonobhoy

thank you.....that was what I meant........read first before firing into it.

theres different levels of journalism to me.......to ask a guy to explain the blood on his shirt is * and no need to point that out.....we know why theres blood there,we no people are badly injured yet these * mongrels try to use every trick in the book to be the first to get THAT story......

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2013
  11. Mr. Slippyfist

:50:

Ach, it's a highly relevant public interest story - the media are expected to be swarming all over it.

12. Bonobhoy

....and do we really need a rock concert held at parkhead or ibrox? as I hear tonight....as bad as the event is,what about all the other people that has died over the years in Scotland? The boat incident,the helicopter crash in Aberdeen etc etc.. innocent people died in these situations.....so why a concert for this event and not the others?

don't get me wrong raising money and awareness is excellent..but how to you pick and choose an event that merits one over the other?

Personally its media exploitation imo........

But ayways as stated its about the families etc...hope they hold together:50:

13. Mr. Slippyfist

Aye, I get what you're saying mate.

Just think it's quite highly publicized event considering the circumstances - a helicopter falling through a pub in the city centre - sounds like a plotline from Emmerdale or something.........

14. Bonobhoy

lol or corrie:50:

15. SpellCheck92

What happened was tragic and the media have rightly reported on it. However it is time for them to move on and let the families get on with the painful process of saying goodbye to their loved ones. All these interviews with eyewitnesses and survivors are becoming tiresome. We are turning into a nation of serial grievers.

16. SpellCheck92

Editor at the Scottish Sun happens to be an eyewitness :rolleyes:

17. Crispy Bacon

Fav Celtic Player:
    at present-Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Thoughts and prayers go to all families and those concerned.

Rest in peace. :shamrock:

18. Celtic_Jorge

I lived a few miles away from the pentagon when it was hit on September 11th. I was a teenager at the time so it affected me greatly. I had friends who lost their parents in that building and knew firefighters who responded. Its weird when a tragedy like this happens in your hometown or very close by. You always think this is the kind of thing that only happens far away, like in China or somewhere in South America or something.

19. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    All time Larsson, Currently KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    RIP:shamrock: to those who have lost their lives in the Clutha bar .My prayers are with those families affected.

20. Woody

Completely :50: