1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Helicopter crashed into The Clutha bar

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Smarty1888, Nov 29, 2013.

Discuss Helicopter crashed into The Clutha bar in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. goodybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    but you can * about people uniting as a community in Glasgow? I'm on topic, was just pointing out how stupid your post sounded.

that's me finished. Sorry mod

2. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

another dead? ffs! :54:

I know they are moving the helicopter today, any chance there could be more under there?

3. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    From what I can gather Sean, could be another two definitely one....man on tv with his daughter saying his son was in there, his mate had asked him to hold his pint while he went out for a ciggie just before the helicopter hit the pub.

4. Lanz

Helicopter gettin moved in the next few minutes and they expect to have completed the search of the pub from anything between 90mins and 3hrs.

5. The Celtic Way

the guy whos dad is lost is not happy, seems to be getting more angry with every interview he gives

6. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    That will definitely be at least two then :54:

I don't blame the guy, I know it's obviously unsafe and thats why they haven't found him yet but the guy must be going crazy with worry and grief

7. ticticboom

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Can't believe its took till today to secure the place. Seems like there in no rush as theres no one responding in the building.

8. Bonobhoy

Understandably they have to make sure investigators can do there job and work out what went wrong. ...but there also seems to be no rush at all for body recovery. .such a shame..must be terrifying for families.

Its a small helicopter not a jumbo jet. ..suppose its far more complicated tjan that

9. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Who was the 16 yr old who got arrested for posting Sectarian and Racist comments on twitter about the crash.
    Stupid *.:47:

10. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    They will have to make sure it's safe for themselves.
    Remember it's a pub. If they set off a spark and it ignites the alcohol fumes that may still be there then there will be more casualties. Plus the fuel for the helicopter as well.

11. ticticboom

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    True better safe than sorry i feel for the people waiting for news must be a nightmare :(

12. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

A stupid wee boy that made a comment he hoped the pub was full of Celtic fans or blacks.

Lesson learnt for him now big time.

13. ColeraineBhoy

Was he only 16? It was reported that he was a 'man' online. (Not a great source, I admit)

14. md1981

I saw A woman on tv this morning saying her brother might be in there and health and safety seems more important than finding the dead. She also said lives could have been saved if the emergencey services had arrived quicker. I can only assume that her anger is borne out of grief, shock, fear and worry. There is no way they can rush in there without securing the building or removing the helicopter. We dont want more deaths. Also from the reports on Friday it seemed that the fire brigade got on the scene within minutes.

Sadly I think there are going to be more bodies found. They are saying there 'could be'. I think by this time families would know if their relatives were in hospital. I feel for them.

15. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Health and safety is becoming a joke nowadays, in future * will be dying all the time because they had to make sure everything is a million % safe before they do anything.

Seen something a few days ago that a woman who fell down a hole somewhere in Scotland I think, and they left her in there for hours making sure it was safe for them to get her out, when they got her out she had a heart attack and died. Think they left here in the hole for 4/5 hours before they got her out yet if theyd just got her out right away shed probably have been fine.

16. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    It was on STV online link.
    He probably posted it about Celtic supporters after finding out that one of our under 19s ladies players just lost her father in the crash.
    Thing is, in another article it states that her father was a Rangers supporter who was proud of his daughter's success as a Celtic player and a Scottish player.

That 16 year old was an idiot and if he is found guilty, which i hope he is, he will have ruined any chance of a decent career.

17. Mr. Slippyfist

The sad fact now is that if emergency service workers do not follow protocol and instructions from senior officials at the scene, then if they are hurted/injured aor killed, then they are * in terms of at work insurance.

Whether or not human instinct kicks in, would I * be putting my life at line on entering the building. Might seem harsh as *, but sometimes these day in ags (especially with some H&S at work legislations), it's necessary for you just to take a step back.

18. md1981

The hole thing was a joke. Completely agree. I hope her family go after them. But I think when there is a helicopter sticking out a building, there are a number of things that could happen.

19. The Lone Ranger

Health and safety is there for a reason, to make sure there is no more injuries or deaths, these rules have been learned from experience.

20. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    hope there are no more deaths reported . tragedy.