1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Heir Hunters.

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by CymruBhoy, May 30, 2018.

Discuss Heir Hunters. in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. CymruBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing.
    Well blow me. Had a visit from one of these Heir hunter companies yesterday. Apparently my Taids’ brother died without leaving a will in 1991 & they have traced me as one the living relatives who could benefit from his estate. Claims can be made up to 30yrs after death. The only information they are privy to prior to me giving them permission to approach H.M Treasury is that it is valued at a minimum of £500 as all estates are at the Treasury. This is to prevent glory hunters making fraudulent claims.
    Anyway, don’t really expect much as it’s from the Welsh side of my family who where generally pretty poor, was hoping it was from my Irish side (who had lolly) & I had inherited a part of RyanAir as that’s the family name from Cork!!
    Got me thinking & I’ve had a look on the H.M. Treasury page & there is a list as long as your arm of unclaimed estates.
    So, if your into your family tree & have time to scan the list it could be worth a punt for some.

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistical-data-sets/unclaimed-estates-list

Happy hunting!

Last edited: May 30, 2018
    Forestbhoy66 and cidermaster like this.
  2. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Good info and you never know until you look into these things. I was amazed to find out I had a Nigerian uncle that died in a plane crash and left me $3 million USD in his will. I never even had to go through the whole rigmarole of filling in any paper work, a kind man from the International Office for Wills in Nigeria did it all for me after I gave him my mother's maiden name, account number & sort code and National Insurance number.

All I have to do is wait until the cheque can be authorised by the head of the FBI and I will be sloshing in the moola.

3. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    49948B55-58D7-47A6-A193-AC239AEA1FCB.jpeg

4. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

bagforlife, Marie and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  5. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Aye about 10 years ago my American great uncle who was a vast traveller was killed whilst climbing in rural China. Just had to provide my bank details to get hold of his $60 million (something stupid) estate. They could find no other living relatives. But for only a 5% fee they were going to sign it all over to me. I thought * me that’s me sorted. Couldn’t find my bank details. :54:
    Anyway went looking through my family tree and came across a picture of my great uncle Matt.

[​IMG]

6. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Class. :56:

7. CymruBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing.
    I don’t think you guys are taking me seriously . . . . I should have known better . . . . :celtman2:

StPauli1916 likes this.
  8. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    To lie to one as beautiful as you. Jim Diamond.

CymruBhoy likes this.
  9. jamesfr

Don't think they would have bothered hunting you down for £500,you may be in for a nice lift

CymruBhoy likes this.
  10. smokie899

Fav Celtic Player:
    s.brown
    If this true they let you in. PPI *. You know now that you get something so do it Yourself and claim full whack.
    I done it wirh PPI

CymruBhoy likes this.
  11. CymruBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing.
    Because it is intestate, the Treasury will not reveal the sum until a proveable living relative makes an application, or someone on their behalf. Until the application is processed the only guarantee is that it is more than £500.
    I’m really not expecting much at all tbh, plus the fact I come from an quite a large family & any proceeds will need to be distributed evenly.
    I could have told them to sod off & make the claim myself but with my current health issues, having to trace family members, the hassle of being the executor & also from an ethical point of view, whereby I wouldn’t have known about this at all apart from the ladies visit, I felt it was right to proceed with the company.
    Regardless of the amount, I will be making a charitable donation in the guys memory.