1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] Hearts V Celtic Sunday17th December 12:30 Sky Sports Football

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Dec 13, 2017.

Discuss Hearts V Celtic Sunday17th December 12:30 Sky Sports Football in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    I was sitting in the pictures today not sure if this had actually happened. Had to check my phone to make sure.

2. oh bhoy

The same pish as the spankings we got in Europe players can't pass a * ball ,nobody taking responsibility to create something, idiotic defending and goalkeeping only now we don't have the 'look how much money they have' excuse
    ntcham and brown together doesn't work and we are badly missing tom rogic it was blatantly obvious last season when he was injured the overall performance of the team waned its the same this
    That was a sore one to loose to them scumbags

Sydneysider and JimMc like this.
  3. dmac

I think the way we lost today hurts more because we really didn't offer up anything in response

Sydneysider likes this.
  4. JimMc

That plus it was them and especially that useless but for fouling and diving lanky piece of dog shyte called lafferty, who despite his Irish and Gaelic surname has clearly been bred a rotten bigoted piece of orange pish who actually think themselves more british than the british

In the scheme of things, it is a almost unnoticeable blip, it was going to happen eventually and perhaps it was a tiring burden for the team, as long as Celtic get their act together & to smash the sevco into the dirt for Christmas, we march on and over.

5. cfcturbo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thomas burns
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Skibereen by wolfe tones
    Sinclairs inability to pass it to a teammate in a better position cost us AGAIN!

6. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

It's not just that they can't pass a ball it's they can't protect it, watch the best they don't lose the ball easily, when we are lacklustre and our opponents even domestic are at it then we could get embarrased

7. leeso-ardoyne

Wee simple simon wouldnt get a look in when leesos about :rofl:. Daft * i am

8. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I don’t think many saw such a good performance as that today from Hearts on the way considering their recent form, truth be known I’d say considering some of our form this season we’ve really excelled in making it to 69,we were so close to losing it at Motherwell and Hibs recently so finally losing was not a big shock but of course the manner and scoreline was but along with a terrific display by the opposition it looked one of those days you get from time to time when nothing seems to go right and it’s just not going to be your day.

Before any criticism is dished out maximum respect has to be shown for a remarkable achievement this team has given us, it’s unlikely we will ever see this again so bear that in mind before using terms like “disgrace” to describe the team like many were earlier albeit generally the types who only appear when they’ve got a good defeat to get their teeth into, quite a perverted mindset if I say so myself.

A guy commented before the home Motherwell league game to me that the home games this season domestically as well as Euro had been in the main pretty * and not a patch on last season and when I thought about it bar a few exceptions he is 100%, Personally I think the team has been looking pretty tired in recent weeks, I’m not trying to make excuses but it seemed an eternity ago that we played Linfield at home but since then we’ve been playing 2 games a week and that’s finally catching up with us, I think in recent weeks possibly more rotation was needed, it certainly worked in said Motherwell game with Eduard taking his chance.

Everyone has been trying to shoot us down this season more than ever before and although I would still prefer to be unbeaten maybe we can focus solely on retaining the league first and foremost without everyone reminding us of the record every 5 minutes.

You don’t need to work in the game to realise we need some new blood in defence in the winter break and probably in truth that should have been bedded in already after a pre season under their belts, I also wonder quite how bad Sviatchenko must be in training if he is not even considered anymore, he never struck me as being a poor player and at times was excellent so I don’t understand this one.

Final point is I’m proud of the dignity and respect that Brendan and the fans that were there at Swinecastle showed, particularly to a man staying behind to drown out the Hearts fans and applaud the team off, Brendan also sportingly praised th opposition and took the defeat like a man, a quality sorely missing in some of the muppets that have posted on this thread with their entitled and spoilt perspectives.

Anyone fancy another treble?

Gerry1972, KRS-1888, Darnok and 3 others like this.
  9. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    It’s hard to be down on the team after a 69 game unbeaten run but we should never be getting beat 4-0 off Hearts.

Sydneysider likes this.
  10. benben

We set a record that will not be beaten but what got me was the way we were beat as if we did not have a plan b let's get started on wedensday

Sydneysider likes this.
  11. Sydneysider

My thoughts exactly. Fell behind to a poor goal and then handed them the second with a truly woeful pass from Nchtam straight to a Hearts player who passes to that * (Larf) who is completely unmarked and racing down the wing.

2-0 down and we looked *. Some really poor performances.

We will bounce back.

12. Mulgrew

Fav Celtic Player:
    Have a guess
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand Old Team
    Fair play to Hearts

What a run it was though. I can't see anyone ever matching it

We'll fondly remember it for the rest of our lives

13. GazF1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonathan Gould
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Bella Ciao
    Don't usually defend Crocker but think that's harsh. It was our first defeat in 18 months in crazy circumstances, don't blame him for going off his nut, it's his job.

I do think he's well past his peak as a commentator though. Surely there's fresh talent over than him & Rob McLean? Derek Rae is a massive loss to our game.

14. honda Gold Member Gold Member

If we was struggling in the league a result like that is when managers are sacked. Thats how bad a result this is. Iv not said much since the match, but i expected to loose soon with recent performances. But 4-0 is disgusting. Going by comments on here the spl is full of *. Were 2 points on top at christmas. Yes a game in hand, doesnt mean we'll win it. Thats a good league. Theres not zero pressure anymore. Well done aberdeen.

15. Maestro 08

Or once in 123 years. Seeing since that's Hearts biggest win over us since 1895! No getting away from it, that was an abject performance. Having an off day is par for the course and our undefeated run was always going to end but the manner of the defeat was shocking. To completely capitulate and show such a lack of fight is unacceptable.

To be outplayed is one thing but being out fought by a team hampered by injury and containing a couple of 16 y/o is a real eye opener. Been on the cards for a while with some terrible displays recently, the others being.... getting taken apart by Anderlecht at home and seemingly unable to muster any real fight back and again capitulating against Hibs. Yes we go again but there has been a significant overall decline. A real overview is needed in January.

16. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I’m not pishing the bed like some but if I’m honest the winter break in an ideal world has come 10 days too late, the players need a rest mentally as well as physically and in truth there should have been far more recruitment in the summer and not scraping around for someone in January, I also pray we are not jetting the players all over Europe to play friendlies in that period, the priority is to refocus, take a break and come back recharged to match the standards of last season. We have no divine right to be beating anyone despite some of the entitled views I read on here but that said we do have far too much quality in our squad to be dropping as many points as we have and must ensure that yesterday just goes down as a painful blip on another successful season, we still have the treble to go for, that should be incentive enough to raise our game again

Lancashire Nick and ddub11 like this.
  17. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Personally I think losing to Lincoln Red Imps was far worse than anything you can quote, I just hope the reaction will be the same to yesterday as it was to that genuine embarrassment of a night!

18. Roskopicachu

Anyone got any footage of the tackle from milinkovic on forrest from the first half? Looked like a naughty one but maybe just accidental.

19. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/42386699

Should have been a yellow. Nothing more imo.

20. The Don

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll never walk alone
    We have been crap for ages now so it has been coming, hopefully yesterday afternoon will give the players a kick up the * which they seem to need. I don't think it matters how many games we have been unbeaten for yesterday was utterly pathetic.