1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Haunted places in Scotland?

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Taylor, Mar 16, 2011.

Discuss Haunted places in Scotland? in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. KingArtur'1

YouTube - Ravenspark Hospital / Asylum

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRPd1pVBjsU&feature=related

http://www.flickr.com/photos/flickrphotos/sets/153530/

ravenspark asylum , good video walktrough and shows alot of the clothes , beds everything still n it and it had been derelict since 1985 and it only recently got demolished

also i know a few older people who worked there in its days and ive heard stories of people being tortured etc and also the hospital grounds was used as a burial site aswell

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2011
  2. shendr18

only creepy because you know the history if you never knew the history it would just be another run down house in the middle of nowhere

3. albashamrock

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFrsH9gaads[/YOUTUBE]

Probably just a woman who has wandered into the wrong place. A lot of Ghost sightings are down to sleep paralysis, pranks or our minds playing tricks on us. Found the article below interesting

There were a lot of topics I considered for this blog. I thought about the nature of haunting and how the explosion of paranormal tv, radio and webcasts have influenced our society, I even thought about how to handle a case where you really just think the client is off his meds. But I decided that what I really want to get into is why we have to be careful when reviewing our evidence or listening for those illusive ghost voices that whisper to us from the invisible world.
    The human brain is an enormously wonderful muscle. It is fantastically complex and simple at the same time. Our stimuli recognition capabilities are out of this world, letting us see three dots and recognize it as a happy face, or hear some clicks in the static and find a voice whispering our name. It’s truly amazing that we can make instantaneous decisions based on information we already have stored in our brain filing cabinets without consciously sorting through those files. But here’s where we have to be careful because those dots might just be dots and those clicks might just be clicks.
    Pareidolia is a brain malfunction that lets us misinterpret those dots and clicks as something we recognize instead of what it really is. We see shadows on a hill in a picture of mars and find a face. But the face isn’t really there. There were no little green men who built some kind of stone structure just for us to find. As a matter of fact, if you look at photos of the same location taken at different times during the planet’s rotation when the shadow aspect is different you won’t see a face at all just a lump of dust.
    As paranormal investigators we need to be aware of our own limitations and understand that we aren’t always right in our interpretation of our evidence. We need the eyes and ears of others to help us recognize when we have made a mistake. This is where the team evidence review is so important. Verifying our interpretation with others helps to reduce the claims of pareidolia from skeptics.
    Here are a few tips I recommend when reviewing evidence.
    1. If it’s a photo anomaly, attempt to return to the location and visually inspect the site for shadows that might cause objects to appear as something other than what it is.
    2. Re-create the moment to the best of your ability with a critical eye for what might have caused the anomaly.
    3. Don’t be fooled that zooming in on a digital photo will give you greater clarity. Trying to focus too closely on one specific point may cause the digital photo to become more obscured.
    4. For audio and video files, play them straight through the first time. Make note of the time code for any possible anomalies but don’t dwell on them during this initial review.
    5. Go back over just those points in your audio and video files where you found anomalies during your initial review. Isolate those sections and play them back once. If you don’t hear the same thing during the second playback, cross it off your list and move on.
    6. Save the remaining anomalies as separate video and audio files and number them. (EVP1, EVP2 or VID1 & VID2) Do not make any note of what you think you see or hear in the file name.
    7. Share your anomalies with the rest of your team. Let them listen to or view the anomalies individually with headphones and write down what they think they see or hear. No one at this point should share what they think they see or hear until everyone has had a chance to review the anomalies.
    8. Compare the interpretations of all team members for similarities. If it’s just a matter of hearing a voice say “Hi I’m Bob” or “Hey I rob” those are similar and you can assume that yes, you have something worth sharing with the client. If you hear “Hi I’m Bob” but your team hears nothing but static, then you have fallen victim to pareidolia. Accept it but don’t be discouraged. But never put forth anything that your team has serious disagreements over. If you, as a team, aren’t sure it’s true evidence, then your critics will be sure it’s not.
    9. The most important piece of advice I can give is not to be seduced by the evidence. Don’t keep going over your audio and video files hoping that you’ll find something you missed the first time. If it wasn’t there during your initial review, it won’t suddenly materialize during a second or third review.
    But please don’t get hurt feelings if I just don’t hear or see what you do. I’m not doubting your ability as an investigator, nor your honesty about your evidence. Working together to make sure that any evidence of the paranormal that we put our name on will only help to increase our credibility and the credibility of field.

4. pod

I think thats supposed to be one of the houses accross from that pub Kenny. One of the ones which is on the corner and she is supposed to be seen standing at the window.

5. Taylor

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    They look the business haha!

there is a place a 10 minute walk from me as well, called Newark Castle, a few years ago now there was a story published in the local newspaper about a ghost that haunted that, and they showed a picture of a wedding outside it getting photos done and you can clearly see a ghostly figure in one of the window, place is quite creepy and ive been in it before but it was during the day haha!

found another place near me as well, its quite close to balrossie but this isnt really a haunted place (not that i know of anyway) but it was an old place where they used to man anti aircraft guns, theres basically 4 round turrets and a building, in 1 of the turret places there is a set of stairs that leads underground but there is big red padlocked doors and you cant get in, the door leads to what looks like bomb shelters underground in the next field, would be interesting to get under there and see what its about.

6. Matt_20

7. pod

:56::56: 600 dogs committed suicide. *:56:

8. albashamrock

Police have yet to find any leads

9. McKagan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ralston
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go home ya huns
    Whereabouts in Kirky is that hospital ^^^? Not too far from me might check it out

10. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    on the road to kilsyth......just after mcdonalds

kirkintilloch - Google Maps

* knows how you get in the back way but.think its a path that goes by the back of mcdonalds

11. McKagan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ralston
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go home ya huns
    Cheers^ i'll have a look, might be the old train tracks path

12. Kutek

The Vaults in Edinburgh are amazeing never been so scared im my life.

You could also visit the away end on Sunday guaranteed they will be as quiet as ghosts like usual when we skelp them :p

13. Barry Robson

Just watched this video, had a shiver down my spine the whole time in watching it. * going into some old abandoned insame asylum stuff, thats mental, wouldnt see me in any of these places, a would need a good few set of boxers if i did

14. Beer!

* that *

15. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Carbisdale Castle up north is the scariest place I've ever been too in my life. Seen an honest to * big * off ghost in it.

My brother and mate seen it too, could here giggling and crying in our room when there was nobody there as well.

* terrifying.

KRS-1888 likes this.
  16. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

Ibrox ffs, mental cases, nut jobs, freaks and wierdos all in the same area

17. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    :56:

good ghost description there.did use stay in it or that?never heard of it.a would * ma panties if a saw one

18. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Aye it's a castle that is now a hostel, we were in a youth group when I was about 14 and they took as away for the weekend there.

We got put in the most haunted room in the castle which used to be a nursery, we never new about this at the time though. Our window kept opening on it's own, you needed to give it a good thump to open it as well.

Kept hearing wee crying noises or giggling but we wrote it off thought people were taking the *.

In the morning me my bro and my mate were coming up from breakfast we heard a door slam and seen a big black shape come through one wall and through the one across from us. When it went through the other wall there was a door slamming noise as well.

We just ran away. Talked to the guy at reception and he gave us a flyer they send out about the 'Haunted Castle' and that ghost was explained in it as well as the crying noises and giggling noises in our room.

Was * terrified and had to stay there an extra night lol.

Carbisdale Castle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Only thing I can find on it just now but the ghosts are mentioned at the bottom, nothing bout the nursery there though.

EDIT: Wee bit on here as well: http://www.visitdunkeld.com/scotland-castle-ghosts.html

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2011
  19. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    cool.might try one of these haunted places one night........if a don't * out

20. jkel

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown,artur boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    holy goalie
    "a big * off ghost":56::56::56:

pure quality mate. just made my day:50:

goin to pub now to see huns get * to finish off st paddys day.