1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Hamilton v Celtic, Scottish Premiership, Sat 14th Sept, Result 0 - 1

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Sep 3, 2019.

Discuss Hamilton v Celtic, Scottish Premiership, Sat 14th Sept, Result 0 - 1 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

I’ve already watched this classic game 4 times.

2. Rossenspeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal
    First half hour was actually pretty good, the rest will quickly be forgotten.

What is encouraging for me is we never really looked in any trouble, whereas we might have conceded a stupid goal in the past.

Saw it out pretty comfortably.

3. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I know I have siad this before but I will say it again and I am once again saying it after we have won the game so I cannot be accused of just been * because of the result. But once again I have watched Celtic play away on a plastic pitch and once again the game as a spectacle has been dreadful. These pitches are simply not good enough for professional football end of story. The quality of football that is played is consistently poor. I understand smaller clubs have issues being able to afford the up keep of real pitches especially during the winter but something has to be done to get rid of these pitches because almost every game I have watched Celtic play on one has been a dreadful watch.

4. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

We came out the traps at a rate of knots. Interplay was lovely from middle to front.

Completely fizzled out 2nd half but 3 points in the bag regardless. The main point of concern for me is not killing the game during the period of complete dominance. That happened a lot under Lenny 1st time around IMO, we used to give teams a sniff that didn't deserve one purely because we didn't bury the game when we should have.

5. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    So true but, at the end of the day, we a stuck with a certain amount of these dreaded lego pitches, as are all other teams, so we just need to find a way of dealing with it, for example, are there certain players more suited to it, eg Taylor. Do we need to change our style of play/adapt different tactics?

6. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Sadly your no doubt right about us being stuck having to play a few of these games each season. Right now its Livingston, Hamilton and Kilmarnock that is quiet a few games on these terrible plastic pitches to endure each season. My biggest gripe is not really about what Celtic do on the pitches. The reality is we win most of the time anyway. My gripe is the quality of football that we see or lack thereof. These pitches simply are not conducive to playing good quality entertaining football and thats my issue. I understand Celtic or any team are going to have games that are not great to watch. But when you watch games on these plastic pitches in terms of quality they are almost always dreadful to watch. That is my issue.

Dan Breen and tarboltontim like this.