1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Halloween 2018

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by Valhalla, Jun 8, 2018.

Discuss Halloween 2018 in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Always tbought it was cool. A bit underrated and unlucky to be in the halloween franchise. As a stand alone it would have done better.

2. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Just watched the original. I've seen the odd scene from different sequels but that was the first time I'd seen the original.

It has a creepy atmosphere and a few good scenes (mainly the first 30 minutes), but it's just silly and quite boring overall. Hasn't aged well at all.

3. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    It does get a bit silly at times.

Got to remember in its day how good it was and was made on such a small budget which I think gave it that edgy atmosphere.

It's held it's own compared to some of the high budget horror films released in recent times.

4. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Aye don’t get me wrong, I’d rather watch Halloween than The Conjuring, Insidious etc. Much prefer the creepy atmosphere/slasher type.

5. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    I liked the premise of the Rob Zombie remake - visiting Michael Myers' back story - but the execution was awful.

Basically made him trailer park white trash living with an abusive redneck stepfather, an equally abusive sister and a stripper for a mother.

Far from being frightened by him , you're basically willing him on to kill his family.

ChrisMoh, TheHappyLoss and Lecs like this.
  6. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

:brendy:

7. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Ive watched the whole original series halloween to H20 but i turned off the remake at the start of the trailer trash stuff. Ive no interest in him being that human and explainable

8. stew37

First one was alright for its time, second one was bearable. They've all been pish since.

Sonic Reducer likes this.
  9. Lecs

Aye that was what made him scary in the first place, him being a an evil 'force of nature' as opposed to a bloke who's had a * childhood.

Also, the guy who played him in the Rob Zombie movies was about 6'10. * ridiculous height for Michael Myers to be. Considering the first guy who played him was loke 5'10-6ft.

The new movie looks * amazing. But I would say that as I'm a massive Halloween fan. Think the first one is a masterpiece as someone said earlier in the thread.

Sonic Reducer and The IRA like this.
  10. TheHappyLoss

Classic along with Friday 13th, trouble was they had about 20 sequels between them

11. TheHappyLoss

Rob Zombie loves a bit of seedy in his movies. Loved devils rejects and house of a 1000 corpses though, Lords of Salem was ok