1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Georgios Samaras

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by donnegal celt, Jul 17, 2011.

Discuss Georgios Samaras in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

I don't mean people are fickle in their support of the club. I mean in support of our players. I wasn't even aiming it at you. Just meant in general

2. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

He isn't a squad player though, he is a luxury player probably on pretty high wages in relation to the squad. As long as he, and everyone else him being on the bench for the majority. I just don't think he will want that, as loyal as he is, or we can afford to have one of the higher paid players on the bench most of the time. Once we get a new striker in, he won't get a look in up top, Boerrigter out left every day of the week for me. He could come off the bench and do a job, just reckon there is more a chance of the lazy, can't be arsed Sammy turning up that way.

3. MacEoghainn

:50:

4. The Lone Ranger

Sammy is the new Paddy.

5. avitar Gold Member Gold Member

the problem with Sammy is he most likely is our best player but it may have a negative effect on the team when playing as when as a striker he doesn't score enough goals and as a winger he doesn't put the ball in enough

6. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

He's not on the bench for the Majority though, is he?

7. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    Im not his biggest fan but i wouldnt want him sold, hes still got his uses.

8. MairtinH2

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    :50:
    Definitely one of the players that I would deem to have European standard and can put it up to the best of them on his day

9. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Did you not read my post? I'm talking about from next season on, maybe even from January depending if we spend.

We are rebuilding this squad, we are in for a striker and maybe even a creative midfielder. That means he will be down the pecking order up front and out left as Boerrigter will be a starter and if we get a creative midfielder Commons can be pushed out there. I would keep him but I just can't see a place for him. He needs to be playing to be in his groove.

10. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

But this is pure speculation. As it stands a fit Sammy is a starter.

11. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Not just now he isn't, he's been pushed out the first team with the form over the last 2 games.

12. Koke

Surely he can adapt to the way we are playing just now? Like he's not an invalid, if we tell him to play a particular way why can't he?

Right now he has been dropped and rightly so, we are playing much better without him.

13. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

It's not speculation when your manager comes out and says he is actively looking for players in these positions. He isn't even a starter right now. Boerrigter out wide, Commons behind the striker and take your pick up front from Pukki, Stokes, Balde, Atajic now, and the new Icelandic guy in a few weeks.

14. kungfoofighter

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    we have played our 2 best games of the season with no sammy and after his last to european shows i would keep him on the bench.

15. MairtinH2

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    2 games does not tell the whole story of the team, and also there will be times that Sammy should be the preferable choice than Boerrighter. It's all about tactics, and the tactics of the last two games have been spot on, though will it work for the rest of the season? Would teams not catch onto the same tactics being used week in week out?

16. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Well...considering we haven't played a game since then, and Pukki isn't exactly shining(despite performing decently last match) I don't see how you could possibly know that. Again, sheer speculation.

17. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

:smiley-laughing002: How is Samaras not being the starter in the last two games speculation? I'm pretty sure he wasn't on the pitch... was he?

18. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

I read that as because we have been playing so well that samaras won't be a starter in coming games, is that not what he meant?

Sammy didn't play against Hearts, but he rarely plays the game after a European tie anyway. He was ill on Friday. So I don't think him missing the last two games suggests he is now dropped

And listen, I don't even think Sammy should start all the time, but there are many games where he is just what we need, he is a valuable member of our squad and I'd be gutted to see him go

19. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Alright aye, fair play.

I don't know, I just can't see where he will fit in next season IF we sign these players. I also don't expect Boerrigter, Commons, etc to play every game so he has a role if players are not signed... but will he be happy with that role? Real test of his loyalty.

20. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

He's been through tougher times in a Celtic shirt, thats for sure! :smiley-laughing002: