1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[PS4] General PS4 chat (PS Plus, Firmware Updates, News etc)

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by Roy's Keane, Oct 17, 2014.

Discuss General PS4 chat (PS Plus, Firmware Updates, News etc) in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Roy's Keane

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    Hi Guys

had a quick search and don't see any real threads of this nature (apols if there is) but as the PS4 is in such it's infancy we can expect to see many things change over the course of it's lifetime. It's not just about the games!

Have people heard about the new firmware update 2.0 coming soon, including:

Shareplay - the ability to invite your friend into a game even though he doesnt own a copy!

Background - changing themes and background colours (I know, but still)

Friends List - will recommend some new friends for you to follow

USB Music - add your tunes via a USB and have them playing in game

Playstation Plus - you can now add the PS Plus games to your library without downloading them

Game Saves
    - can now be stores on a usb and kept safe

You Tube
    - New way to improve uploading to you tube

Shareplay and the PS Plus Library things are pretty massive, and the music thing is pretty cool too. There is some other smaller things and other which have still to be revealed by Sony.

What do you think? :celt_2: :shamrock:

EDIT:: The 2.0 update is confirmed for Tuesday the 28th October :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2014
  2. Jozo The Provo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    Shareplay is a great idea I wouldn't even mind paying a subscription for it but it will never happen same with the music they want everybody to use music unlimited not illegally downloaded ones need to fix the messaging though it's so annoying at times and I have a ps plus thread stop stealing my thunder :smiley-laughing002:

3. Roy's Keane

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    I searched mate but couldn't find anything :52:

Aye Share Play sound great, albeit I believe you are limited to playing with them in 60 minute blocks (although there is no limit to how many times you do this, which is weird.)

What do you mean it will never happen though? This is a feature that has been fully announced as happening isn't it?

You could create playlists using your own MP3's on the xbox so I don't see why they'll restrict it on PS4. Could be wrong though.

4. Jozo The Provo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    For the Shareplay it seems it's only certain games that we can play co ops on and for the rest just control somebody else's game as for the music it says we can't copy them onto the ps4 so would need a memory stick ( maybe even a phone or an ipod not sure) they should bring out a YouTube app to just watch video's on 1st instead of just uploading stuff don't understand why they couldn't just bring everything good from the ps3 over even just the way we could listen to music and the message's I'd be happy and ps what's the story with Driveclub I see it in the store but not on the playstation plus part is it delayed again?

5. Roy's Keane

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    Yeah, apparently even the people who purchase the full game haven't been able to get online since they bought it. That's really embarrassing for them.

They say it's near to getting sorted though, so should be released soon on PS Plus soonish - I hope :smiley-laughing002:

Also, it looks like GAME are bundling a PS4 with FIFA 15 and Minecraft for £349. This is weird as these are the only two bought games I have!

http://www.product-reviews.net/2014/10/18/new-ps4-bundle-price-with-minecraft-fifa-15/?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2014
  6. Roy's Keane

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    There has been some noise recently that, in addition to the 2.0 firmware update, that Sony are going to be releasing some major news before xmas - hype or something else I wonder?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are those the screeching wheels of an approaching hype train that we can hear on the horizon? We’ve attempted to play down Sony’s impending PlayStation Experience event – after all, excitement often leads to bitter disappointment – but SCEA chief Scott Rohde doesn’t appear to be on the same page as us. Speaking on the latest episode of the PlayStation Blogcast, the first-party boss hinted that there could be some megatons on the way.
    “This event that we're going to hold... This is pretty unprecedented,” he exclaimed. “This is an event for the fans, and I am so incredibly geeked about it. We're going to show you a bunch of stuff that maybe we shouldn't show you yet.” Whether that pertains to new titles, or more of ones that we already know about, remains to be seen – but it’s becoming increasingly clear that there will be reveals of some kind during the early December convention.
    Rohde concluded that the event aims to be a “celebration of the PlayStation 4 and all of the fans that have made it as great as it is”. With that in mind, we reckon that you’re definitely going to see more of Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End, Bloodborne, and The Order: 1886 during the show. We also wouldn’t be surprised if the previously announced Ratchet & Clank remake got a trailer, too. As for anything else, well, we’ll have to wait and see. Keep that hype in check, mind.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2014...ff_that_we_shouldnt_at_playstation_experience

7. NotTheMessiah

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Hoping this update will allow use to upload patches/option files for when PES 2015 is out.

8. M.E.T.H.O.D MAN Straight from the slums of Shaolin

Mines Broke :smiley-laughing002: turned it off to watch the match and came back at half time to find it not off and had spit out the disc, constantly tries to eject an imaginary disc now :39: and beeping so much I'm sure it's trying to communicate in morse code.

Anyone had a similar issue and fix it ?

Edit: put it into safe mode and updated, grand so far but I'm still not sure if it's all good.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2014
  9. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

I'd run away if I was you

10. M.E.T.H.O.D MAN Straight from the slums of Shaolin

Was gonna run away to Ireland, then I realised I was already here, job done :50:

11. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

12. Jozo The Provo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    Anybody ever deal with Sony before I need to get my playstation fixed and only have about 3 weeks left on me warranty any advice? Already emailed them

13. Wellsy

A while ago now but when i thought my PS3 was knackered they were brand new with me. When they returned it and it still didn't work i sent it back. A guy phoned me to say they couldn't find anything wrong but they would send me out a new PS3 just to be sure. They sent me the newer model (larger HDD). It still didn't work....turns out it was my TV that was at fault :52:

Either way, the Sony dudes couldn't have been more helpful.

14. Roy's Keane

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
  15. Roy's Keane

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    Here's a video detailing more easily how share play will work.

http://www.godisageek.com/2014/10/heres-how-ps4-shareplay-will-work/?

How * cool is that!?

I thought the main thing was you could invite a mate online to play a co-op game of yours even though he didn't have copy, but you can invite him for example to come online and play you at FIFA, again, even though he doesn't own a copy.

Best software update in history of gaming? I can't think of another one offhand. :celt_2: :shamrock:

16. Roy's Keane

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    Great description of Share Play:

As we’ve said before, the best way to think about Share Play is like a “virtual couch”. PS4 will create an online local co-op experience by allowing you to invite a friend to join your game for up to one hour at a time – even when they don’t own a copy of it. Share Play has three main functions:

Share Screen – Share your screen with a friend, allowing them to spectate. This is ideal for PS4 owners that want to watch their friends play a game and provide helpful tips. PlayStation Plus is not required to use this.

Hand over my controller – Pass your controller to a friend, virtually, and watch them play. Your friend does not need to own, or even download the game, in order to use this feature. This is perfect for introducing your friends to new games. The host will need to be a PlayStation Plus member, but the guest does not.

Hand over another controller – If a game supports local multiplayer, you can have your friend join as player two. Again, the visitor does not need to own, or download the game in order to use this feature. Both players will need PlayStation Plus to use this feature.

17. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Share Play looks to be the biggest thing to happen in gaming in a while. Definitely the biggest drawing factor for people to switch from old gen to new gen.

It looks fantastic.

18. Bonobhoy

was this the big ps4 news we are expecting? or is it something else?

19. Roy's Keane

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    Apparently there is some big news at the end of the year at a playstation event...December I think.

20. Gundog Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Anyone played PT, its in wi the demos, i think its a mini game teaser and not a demo in the traditional sense, its * scary