1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Cross Platform] General Chat

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by Moustache, Jul 8, 2014.

Discuss General Chat in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

So Ellie is 19 in the sequel, 5 years after the first game then.

2. Moustache

Just in case anyone missed anything from tonight, there's a full list of reveals on the last page, but I'm going to try and do a post with trailers & details for all of the major announcements (although it probably won't be up until sometime tomorrow).

3. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Easily the best game IMO. Literally perfect.

Really hope they don't * this up :54:

4. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Naughty Dog don't * up:50:

Going to play through the original again in the near future.

Valhalla likes this.
  5. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The first game was outstanding man. I just can't see how they can even come close to it.

Everything was perfect man even the ending.

6. Moustache

So I've done a re-cap post for pretty much every game announced during the PSX show (although I might have missed one or two smaller ones). Because you can't embed more than five videos per post, I've had to split all the games between six posts. Everything's in alphabetical order, so if you're looking for a specific game, that should make it a bit easier

Anyway, here's part 1 of 6

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Absolver
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was announced, via a trailer, that Sloclap's online melee game Absolver is coming to PS4 (it'll launch at the same time as the PC release next year):

Ace Combat 7

It was announced, with a new trailer, that that Ace Combat 7 was getting a PSVR mode. Here's the trailer:

Crash Bandicoot: N.Sane Trilogy

We finally got our first look at the Crash Bandicoot remake - Crash Bandicoot: N.Sane Trilogy. As the name suggests, the game will feature fully remade versions of the original lCrash Bandicoot trilogy (Crash Bandicoot, Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strike's Back and Crash Bandicoot: Warped

Here's the trailer:

Destiny: The Dawning

Destiny's winter event, 'The Dawning', was announced during the show, here's the trailer:

Details:

Dreadnought

It was announced that Dreadnought, a free-to-play, class based, space ship fighting game is coming to PS4. Here's the trailer:

Details:

7. Moustache

Part 2 of 6

Gran Turismo Sport

Sony showed off a new trailer for Gran Turismo Sport

Gravity Rush 2

Sony announced that as an apology for Gravity Rush 2 being dealyed, the game will be getting a free story DLC. Here's the trailer:

Details:

Horizon: Zero Dawn

A new trailer focusing on the robot animal/dinosaurs:

Knack 2

This one has been rumoured for a while, and now its official - Knack is getting a sequel. Here's the trailer:

Details:

Lara Croft GO

It was announced that like Hitman GO before it, Lara Croft Go was also getting a port for PS4 & Vita. Here's the trailer:

8. Moustache

Part 3 of 6

Let It Die

Grasshoppers much delayed free-to-play, online mulitplayer, action game got a new trailer - and it's also available to download and play now. Here's the trailer:

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite

After weeks of rumours, a new entry in the Marvel vs. Capcom series was announced. Here's the Cinematic Trailer & Gameplay Trailer:

Details:

MLB: The Show 17

A new gameplay trailer for Sony's baseball series, revealed that the latest edition will also include a 'Retro Mode'.

Details:

NieR: Automata

The upcoming to sequel to Nier got a new trailer:

Details:

9. Moustache

Part 4 of 6

Nex Machina

Housemarqure (Super Star Dust, Resogun, Alienation and more) and Eugene Jarivs (Defender, Robotron & Smash TV) are collaborating on a new twin stick shooter called Nex Machina. Here's the trailer:

Nioh

A new trailer was show for the Koei Tecmo's Souls-esque game:

PaRappa the Rapper Remaster (+ LocoRoco & Patapon)

To celebrate the 20th anniversary of PaRappa the Rapper, Sony announced a remaster for PS4. Here's the trailer (be warned, it's quite cringey):

Details:

Pyre

Supergiant's (Bastion & Transistor) Pyre got a new trailer:

Details:

Resident Evil 7: Biohazard

A new trailer was shown for Resident Evil 7 ahead of it's launch next month, alongside a bit of suprise news for the demo (see below for details):

Details:

10. Moustache

Part 5 of 6

Street Fighter V

Although Capcom Akuma had already been announced as the first character of the Season 2, Season Pass, Capcom has now put out a character trailer:

Like the previous Season Pass, Capcom have also put out an image showing the silhouettes of the other five DLC characters - all of whom will be brand new characters apparently.

[​IMG]

StarBlood Arena

A new PSVR exclusive. Here's the trailer:

The Last Guardian

A new trailer was shown for The Last Guardian was show ahead of it's release on Wednesday:

The Last of Us: Part II

Sony chose to end their show with a bang by announcing that The Last of Us, was finally getting a sequel. Here's the trailer:

Details:

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Remastered

It was also announced that Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 has been remastered for current consoles & PC. Here's the trailer:

Details:

11. Moustache

Part 6 of 6

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

The long awaited Uncharted 4 single-player DLC was finally revealed and it's looking great. Here's the announcement/gameplay trailer :

So there's some potential spoilers for this one, so I'm going to split up the details just in case anyone reading hasn't played Uncharted 4 yet.

General Non-spoiler Details:

Spoiler Details (Don't read if you plan on playing Uncharted 4):

• It's set after the events of Uncharted 4 (whether they mean after the time-skip/epilogue or just the main adventure I don't know)
    • The women you see at the end of the trailer is Nadine, one of the antagonists from Uncharterd 4, who will partner Chole throughout the story
    • The story will explore who Chloe is, as well as why she's teamed up with Nadine
    • Like Uncharted 4, there won't be any supernatural elements - it's a more 'grounded' story

Vane

Vane, which was initially announced two years ago, got a new trailer:

Details:

Windjammers

A HD Remaster of Windjammers was announced. Here's the trailer:

Details:

What Remains of Edith Finch

Giant Sparrow's (The Unfinished Swan) spooky looking adventure game, What Remains of Edith Finch got a new trailer:

Details:

Wipeout: Omega Collection

This one is a bit of a surprise, but Sony announced that their cult racing series,Wipeout, was getting a remasterd collection. Here's the trailer:

Details:

12. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Cheers for these updates Moustache.

13. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The Death stranding trailers look incredible, even though I don't have a clue what the games about :rofl:

Hopefully the Suicide Squad rumours are true and you actually get to create your own character. Be unreal having a custom character to play with in the DC games world.

14. TimFloyd Gold Member

Moustache.... what's the script with skate4? Seen things on Facebook about a tweet made?

If skate4 lands it will convince me to buy a console again.

Best series ever made.

15. Moustache

Apologies for not replying sooner, just noticed your post now.

The short is version is basically nothing new, but for the full story...

The head of EA's Community Engagement Team randomly tweeted #skate4 on Saturday, which led to people (understandably) thinking that some sort of announcement was imminent. However, when EA held their quarterly Earnings Call yesterday and their CEO was asked about the tweet, he basically said that although he knows there's a demand for more Skate, they aren't currently working on a Skate 4.

At the moment no one really knows why the guy tweeted that in the first place. Although I've seen people speculating, based on his role with EA, that it was maybe a way of trying to highlight how much of a demand there is for Skate 4.

There's been quite a big push from the community in the last year or so for a Skate 4, and EA have acknowledged it a few times, so I wouldn't be too surprised if it's something their considering (and I suppose you could argue they did something similar with the SSX series).

I'm sure I remember reading that Skate 3 is being added to the EA Access Vault in the next few months, if that's of any interest to you. Although you'd need a Xbox One for that.

I haven't done an update in a while, but this post reminded of something I was going to post just in case anyone was interested.

WB Montreal's Suicide Squad game has been cancelled and apparently the studio are now focusing solely on the Batman game I mentioned on the last page.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  16. ScouseHoops Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace/The Huddle Song!
    What is EA Access? I have an Xbox One so need to look into this.

Also what is the new Halo Wars 2 and the game series general concept all about? Seems like Command and Conquer to me.

17. Moustache

I don't know all the details about EA Access, since I don't own an Xbox, but here's my best attempt at summarising it:

• It's a subscription based service with either a one month option (£4 I think) or an annual sub (£19.99)

• While you're subscribed to EA Access you have access to the 'EA Vault'

• The Vault, to quote EA's website, is '...a collection of full EA games you can download and play as much as you want, so long as you're a member. Best of all, we're constantly adding more games, ensuring you always have something great to play. The Vault includes games from franchises like Battlefield, FIFA, Need for Speed, and lots more'.

• The current Vault games (all of which are playable on the Xbox One) are:

• In regards to the sports game it's usually not the most recent version (I.e. they currently have FIFA 16, but won't get FIFA 17 until 18 is out). Although the UFC games seem to be the exception.

• They put out 10 hour trials of certain games before they release, and your progress carries over to the actual release. So, for example, you could play ten hours of manager mode in the FIFA 18 trial (a week before the game is actually released) and when you go out and buy a copy of FIFA 18, your save would carry over. Mass Effect: Andromeda is the next game scheduled to get such a trial.

• I think you also get some discounts on DLC.

In regards to Halo Wars:

• It's an RTS (like Command & Conquer) spinoff series.

• The first game, originally released in 2009, was a prequel set a couple of decades before the events of the first game. According to the Wikipedia the premise is that 'The player leads human soldiers aboard the warship Spirit of Fire in an effort to stop an ancient fleet of ships from falling into the hands of the genocidal alien Covenant"

• Halo Wars 2, which comes out this month, is a sequel following the same characters from Halo Wars but the game itself takes place after Halo 5. A new alien faction called 'The Banished' are the antagonists. I think I might have posted more details and a story trailer a page or two back.

• The original game is being remastered for Xbox One, and might even be available now. I think if you pre-order Halo Wars 2 you get it for free, but I honestly can't remember.

Hopefully that answers your questions :50:

ScouseHoops likes this.
  18. ScouseHoops Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace/The Huddle Song!
    Cheers for ALL that mate :D Why do less people have Xbox's? Always seemed better to me ;)

I have the HALO Master Chief Collection (came with my console) so just about to play the remastered Halo 4 now. Although HALO is all about online play and I dont have a mate playing it yet.

On Xbox1 you can just join clubs that organize mass parties of randomers for online games right? I can see a few for racing games like Forza Horizon 3, Assetto Corsa (I have both of those) and Dirt Rally (Number 4 is coming soon and I might buy that). The thought of racing with some crazy American in my headset makes me laugh.

Rainbow Six Siege in the sale looks a steal too, love R6. Clever, strategical FPS.

19. Moustache

No problem, glad I could help :50:

I think Microsoft's initial plan for the Xbox One, along with their poor messaging of it, put a lot of people off. Combined with the fact that Sony were riding a real wave of momentum/popularity by the end of the last gen, the PS4 was out earlier and it was cheaper made it pretty hard to beat. For me personally, I've always owned Playstation's and I prefer their exclusives, so that's why I choose them.

Yeah, as far as I'm aware. There's probably communities online as well, on places like Reddit or the official forums (if the game has them), if you want to meet people to arrange matches.

I've heard a lot of positive stuff about Siege and it seems like the developers are supporting it well. I'm not much of a multiplayer person nowadays though, so I haven't got around to playing it.

ScouseHoops likes this.
  20. ScouseHoops Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace/The Huddle Song!
    Probs in the sale R6siege mate so grab a copy, I have a mate off facebook who plays it so I can add him and we can play together etc.

Assetto Corsa has an official community and their are loads of Gaming Clubs for Xbox1 who are really welcoming and let all members play each other, which is cool. Its also going to be random racing about 9 Germans and 1 Romanian. I Know some people dislike random online play, but to me it sounds cool.

Also the whole online thing for me on Xbox is just better, as you have to pay for it so they have to give bang for buck, and the user functionality of the console isn't bad either, although the Dominos app is over rated (you cant even log into your account!) and there is no facebook app and the passkey system does my swede in.

Will you be playing HALO Wars 2? Its on Pre-Order at Game, dont pre orders give you a * load more points than buying on release? I have 9 quid of Game points. Its a shame Xbox/Sony dont do a points system in their store for discounts.