1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by littlekennie, Apr 18, 2011.

Discuss Game of Thrones in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I really liked the plot line mate. What I mean is, delving back into their origins would once have been really interesting, but when their entire threat was extinguished at Winterfell, and when all the weird signs, prophecies, interactions with bran and motivations etc amounted to nothing.....my interest in their origins fell away.

They basically went from being a very interesting part of the show to just a very generic mindless bad-guy.

2. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    See I don’t think they’re mindless at all, just that it should have been delved into in the actual show itself.

3. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Lol tbf I was meaning the ashes flying about everywhere

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

paulie walnuts likes this.
  4. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Honestly think it was the worst episode of the season, and potentially the entire show. Again, it was stunning visually and from a technical standpoint. But it's the only episode in the entire series to mishandle characters in such a massive way. Having watched it a couple of times and watched/listened to other people discuss it and go in depth - it's only made me more angry and disappointed. The Dany stuff has been done to death and I've made my feelings on that clear.

The Jaime stuff was even worse, imo. One of his lines in that episode was "to be honest, I've never really cared much for them, innocent or otherwise" - when talking about the people of King's Landing. I'm sorry what? This is the same Jaime Lannister who sacrificed his honour and reputation, becoming the Kingslayer, so he could save half a million people from being burned alive.

Never mind the 7 seasons of redemption and getting with Brienne after they had done so much for each other, then him leaving her the next day. Never mind him turning his back on Cersei on the last episode of season 7, only to go back to her 5 episodes, despite her paying Bronn to kill him and Tyrion. But to have him say that line to Tyrion, when we know he has a good heart, when he's already sacrificed everything to save the city before. That's the biggest plot hole of them all. Absolute * mess.

This video sums the season up, really. It includes the bath scene with Jaime and Brienne a few seasons ago. One of the best scenes from the entire show, in my opinion. But now it's pretty meaningless.

5. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I think I'll just try to forget about the White Walkers we saw on GoT when the prequel comes out. I'm sure GRRM will be used for his advice and knowledge for the prequel, and there's no way (imo) he'll have been happy about what happened to them in GoT.

With competent writers and showrunners, the White Walkers could be fantastic. So I'm still hopeful for that prequel.

PorchBhoy67 likes this.
  6. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Loved them as well. I’d rather have had them whole war for the Iron Throne happen then have the Whitewalkers turn up. Basically the opposite of what we got this season.

Have them destroy the throne or have the Night King on it.

PorchBhoy67 likes this.
  7. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

You thought that was the worst episode of the season? :56:

Where are you watching these? I’m in a dark room on my tod with the volume cranked up to * and by the time Arya * off on the white horse I realised I had barely breathed for an hour and a half.

It was an absolutely incredible episode of television.

Liam Scales and Scotia like this.
  8. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Correct It was an incredible episode of television not an incredible episode of game of thrones, infact the complete opposite.

Plot lines
    Script
    Character development

All gone out the window this series. For TV it's been groundbreaking the visual effects the amount of extras ect not been seen before for a TV series, but i and my good friend Dear here and many others didn't get into game of thrones purely for the * absolute carnage of it, that's just a side bit to a massive universe that has showed us some insane plot lines twists and characters that have developed over the many series and they were all complex, but it just seems to have been all thrown down the river to make a visually amazing ending which is thin on the ground of anything else

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    Xatraps, ChrisMoh, Pearse67* and 8 others like this.
  9. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Stick to Line of Duty. Fella.

10. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Aye, for the reasons I’ve went over.

As a spectacle it was immense and deserves all the credit it gets for that. But plot wise it was a colossal * up.

V’s post above nailed it. I’d rather it cut back on these massive battle episodes if it meant less plot holes and butchering characters. Ideally both would be possible but the showrunners have rushed to finish the show and so all logic has went out the window in favour of dragons and carnage.

11. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

ChrisMoh and PorchBhoy67 like this.
  12. Keano88

Signed and shared.

Officer Doofy and Seán Mac D like this.
  13. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

14. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

It's quite good.

15. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Seán Mac D likes this.
  16. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Bring back the Red Woman :crazy3:

17. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

I think it feels very rushed. Much like last season.

In fact, having had time to digest it, that episode was a * mess.

Dany's transformation to the mad queen should have been a slow burn (pardon the pun). Instead she's gone from saviour to mental case in the space of a couple of episodes.

Last edited: May 17, 2019
  18. oh bhoy

I think the message of the entire show that Women are crazy manipulative murderous * that can't be trusted was perfectly displayed in that episode

Xatraps and Drakhan like this.
  19. horseshoe

The writing on the show has been all over the place for years, since they ran out of book to lift material from really, been relying on the * and dragons spectacle to paper over the cracks that long it's sort of funny to see people just going mental about it now this season, as if it hasn't been on a steady decline for ages.

20. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

I think you see a lot of small signs that she could have a darker side. The first being absolutely no reaction to her brother’s head being melted in molten gold. I think she’s always chosen violence or fear eventually. That’s what lead to this eventually.