1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by littlekennie, Apr 18, 2011.

Discuss Game of Thrones in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Tbh I think it is usually people too daft to realise the significance of certain things. A lassie in my work thought the 1st episode was "so *, nuhin even happened" I tried tell her that it is all building and that it couldn't all be red weddings as the impact of these episodes would be lost. She probably hated that 2nd episode too. I think its simmering along just perfectly.

MacEwan likes this.
  2. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Which of the Dragons in GoT is going to win in their battle
    Viserion (White Walker Dragon)
    Drogon (Bigger Dragon)
    Rhaegal (Smaller Dragon)

3. Darnok

Ever since they moved past the books, the dialogue on this has become pretty *. This last episode was full of it.

4. Los Palmas 7 something strange happened Gold Member

i loved that episode but the next one fills me with fear, its going to be a massacre.

Artorias likes this.
  5. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

Re-introducing everyone before they get slaughtered was my take on it.

6. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Just everything about the episode mate. Lots of really emotional scenes and as you say they’ve been building up since the very first seasons.

MacEwan likes this.
  7. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    I must be too daft to realise the significance of certain things as well then.
    I would have thought that having killed Dany’s dad, being involved in Ned Stark’s demise, throwing Bran out of a window and * his sister (who has just betrayed everyone at Winterfell) Jaime Lannister might be in for a rough time up there. Big Brienne fancies him though so he got a pass with no more to be said about it. Utter garbage.
    5 episodes to go and Cersei is given a bit of time off???
    The first 2 episodes have been a major disappointment for me.

8. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    It's going to end against Cersei not the Dead, that'll. Be out the way next or next after episode and then it'll be onto Cersei.

I'm guessing the ones not to die are the usual main characters, Hound, big Woman and Jamie for certain.

Got a feeling Big Ginger Wilding will go, Bran? (wheelchair kid), Worm (or whatever his name is), guy with fire sword, the Grey joy guy? (Ginger no nuts) and wee guy from The Wall with beard.

9. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    noticed that a good while ago .

10. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Sorry mate wasnt having a pop at you specifically more the daft lassie in my work.
    SPOILER STUFF
    - The episode started as a trial for him.
    - He got a hard time for the mad kings murder, he then admits that Cersei lied to him too and gives up her plan.
    - He then gets a hard time from Sansa but makes the point they were at war.
    - Brienne intervenes and vouches for him. Her word carries a lot of weight on its own as she is known as extremely honourable. Her defence of Jamie is sold strongly especially when it is backed up with the story she tells of his honourable actions to save her from rape. The story about him sending out Brienne to save Sansa on the back of the oath to Catelyn Stark alone would probably saved his neck and you can tell stirs Sansa.
    - In the situation they are in they fully expect that the world is going to come to an end and every man is needed. Jamie is a renowned great fighter (albeit with two hands)
    - Dany still isnt happy and even talks to Sansa again about it and also goes aff her nut at Tyrion
    -Bran isn't Bran anymore he is almost like a higher being"The Three Eyed Raven" he doesnt seem to care that Jamie threw him out the window as the chain of events/destiny for him to become the TER woulldn't have happened otherwise. He even says this to Jamie. Bran mentions needing Jamies help in the fight against the dead.

The next episode should be explosive built on the back these two building episodes. I forget there is only six this season which means a third of it would be "building up" episodes which I guess could be a bit disappointing. I am loving it though.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  11. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Hope Poderick survives cause he's a tim irl.

12. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Like Jaime said, it’s a matter of survival now. I thought it played into the threat they are facing brilliantly.

littlekennie and Artorias like this.
  13. andybhoy94 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Genuinely don't think it will be as simple as beating the white walkers and then moving onto Cersei, think it would be really disappointing if after 8 years of build up the white walkers and the night king are beaten in one episode after one big battle. Think the heroes will be massacred next week and the little that remain will have no choice but to retreat down south and maybe seek help from Cersei.

14. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Anything could happen now really, I think one of Arya or the Hound will be killed trying to save the other since they built up a relationship between the two of them.

Anyone else I wouldn't be surprised at anyone killing anyone, even a big twist like Cersei saving Jon by killing Daenerys who might be ready to kill him wouldn't be a shock as they could go in any direction.

15. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    I was wondering if John snow would be imperious to fire like dany but I remembered he burnt him self saving the lord commander in season 1 when he set the white in fire I though all they targerians (spelling) were fire proof

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

16. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    One of the more noticeable moments for me came when Dany was talking to Sansa, all sisterly like, and then Sansa asks what will happen afterwards. To the north. Dany says she will take the iron throne. There was clear tension, and that will obviously play out. Also, given Jon is now a direct heir to the throne, that will be a big conflict between him,Sansa and Dany. Loving it all.

17. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    Also the bit with Sansa an Dany b4 they were interrupted, Dany pulled her hand away from Sansa an would have probs said something like the North is part of the seven kingdoms or something??

18. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Arya Stark in a * scene :40:
    Unnecessary.
    Looking forward to the battle next week and the series kicking off properly.

Artorias likes this.
  19. KingArtur'1

My thoughts are

Dany will try get Jon killed as she seemed raging that hes the last male targaryen with claim to the throne.

Putting women and children in the crypts with the dead starks who can probably be turned.

The night king wasnt seen he will be heading to Kings Landing on viserion to gain more walkers from the 1 million population.

Why would the night king risk his most valuable asset viserion at winterfell when dany has 2 dragons that can easily take down viserion by fire.

Also the night king has no rush to get Bran as he can find him at anytime due to being marked.

And i have a hunch that the Night King is actually Rhaegar Targaryen the children of the forest could have got to him and used him as a sacrifice.

The night king can ride dragons, he walked through fire when he speared viserion. His symbol is similar to the 3 headed dragon of the targaryens

The guy they put dragon glass through before was the first whitewalker which does not mean he is the NK.

Then again who knows?

20. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    I hope John finger blasts Danny on top of the castle and she takes a jobby on the night kings head while its happening and that kills him only for Bronn to shoot a giant * arrow and kills Tyrion

Artorias and Officer Doofy like this.