1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Cross Platform] Game deals.

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by Vinnie BBQ, Dec 4, 2016.

Discuss Game deals. in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Vinnie BBQ Justice is lost Justice is raped Justice is gone.

Maybe a thread like this could come in handy.

PS4 store: As part of the 12 deals of Christmas. Fallout 4 is available for £17.99/€19.99 for 48 hours.
    PS Vita store:The Amazing Spider Man for £7.99/€9.99 This could be a permanent price though as I can't find any end date attached to it.

Also there's a 2 for the price of one deal going on the PS4 right now. (ends on 24 December)

Artorias likes this.
  2. Cupid Stunt

Steam sale started today.

Artorias likes this.
  3. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Steam is getting raped by me now.
    Got a steam controller and link for Christmas, so naturally I went out and bought a new graphics card and PSU to take advantage. Steam sales are getting destroyed currently. Well I say destroyed, 4 games haha.
    Went from just playing FM and Civ 5 on the PC, to getting Skyrim, GTA back catalogue (5 is on console), Farcry4, Portal 2, Dying Lights and Cities Skyline.

Had to stop myself from buying any more.

4. honda Gold Member Gold Member

How's the controller? I just ordered it 2 days ago.

Also raped the sale. Both metros, both dead islands, rise of the tomb raider, counter strike go and mulling over a couple more. Can't wait for my controller.
    Not pc gamed in 10 years, so got myself an alienware alpha. Plays them all alot better than my xbox one.

5. Cupid Stunt

I gave it a good go this year as well, also bought that link by the way it's actually really good for the most part. Rocket League ran like trash on it though. Would be getting around 60fps then suddenly it tanks down to an unplayable 30 for a few seconds and then back up.

I bought a fair few games as well, got Cities Skylines, Wolfenstein, Mortal Kombat, Sonic All Star Racing, Never Alone, Brothers A Tale of Two Sons, Life Is Strange Episode 1 (free) and Monopoly :56: Might be something else well but that's all I can remember just now.

6. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Never been a big pc gamer but sister and her man know ive always toyed with upgrading the machine so they gave me the little push.

The controller is different to hold than a ps4 one (maybe more easier for xbox users), but its responsive and even all over Wi-Fi with the steam link its good. Easy to config with most modern games being templated to match their console version.

Even fm17 and civ 5 with a controller is good. Mouse track pad (think laptop) is simple and good.

7. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    How did you find city skylines? Rockrt league I'm gonna get on ps4 I think, few mates play it on there.

Really looking forward to the future with this steam link. Get it hooked up properly and wired and think it will be the thing thst moves me from console to pc.

Monopoly, could be a shout

8. Cupid Stunt

It's tough to get started, not really sure how to grow the industrial zone and make enough money to support the city. Definitely best watching a few tutorials first.

The Steam Link does seem really good, just the odd game that won't run on it very well I think. They seem to be continually developing it and updating it though so hopefully as time goes on it gets better and better.

9. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Shall keep watching some youtube videos.
    How old is the steam link? They seem to be pushing that and the controller as big things lately.

Hearing people have massively better performance with it wired though. Might help some games?

Loving that you can exit big screen mode and basically cast your desktop. The streaming options for footy will be epic.

10. Cupid Stunt

My set up is wired, so it's not that. It's weird because every other game I've tried has been fine except Rocket League. I read people had problems with Wolfenstein too, but I only bought it so me and the missus could play some games in the living room so won't be playing either of those on it anyway.

Think it's about a year old so relatively new for a piece of hardware like that.

11. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Nice. Hopefully just that game that's not fully compatible. Really excited for this though.