1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Fuck Rugby?

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by TESLA, Mar 3, 2018.

Discuss Fuck Rugby? in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Aye with the arenaline going you don’t feel much. Next day can be bad though. Just played for my local team up north during school years.

2. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Don’t get me wrong, it can still be a good atmosphere. I’ve been to plenty of games in Croke Park for GAA which is similar, but it’s a different kind of atmosphere and personally I prefer it at a good game of football.

3. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Because you can shout obscenities without the fear of getting jumped? Shitebag :86:

4. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Don’t think I’ve ever watched a minute of a live game in my life. Looks boring as *.

5. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Really enjoy international Rugby Union. Started watching club games as well, mainly Glasgow. Not boring at all to watch Scotland play.

cidermaster likes this.
  6. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    I do not see many Posh Rugby players coming out of Wales,yes there is some posh in it,but * football except for our Gods of course:84:

7. HoopSprings

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    When I read the thread title, I thought * Rugby might just be a more explicit version of Touch Rugby.

8. Aidan O’Shea

I’m game if you are.

9. HoopSprings

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    As long as I'm not playing hooker.

Aidan O’Shea likes this.
  10. CheGuevara

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I don't really give a * about the types who play it, but it's a good sport to watch.

Unirea Gus likes this.
  11. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    Some ruggers correspondent was offering non-segregated fan zones as one of the reasons why Rugby is a superior game to football. Whatever about the comparison between the two sports, I think he got this point * about face. I can't think of anything more awful than the personification of half-and-half scarves.

12. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

Funnily enough rugby isn't the only sport that offers non-segregated seating. Football games in quite a few countries on the continent offer it anywhere but the ultra ends of the ground. And obviously North American sport is pretty much entirely non-segregated.

13. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Never played Rugby at school, was always more into my football.

Been to Murrayfield quite a lot over the years for the six nations and some of the autumn tests over the years. Really enjoy it.

The Scotland team have been improving a lot over the last few years which is good to see.

14. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I don't mind it tbh.

Got it occasionally at school but only really cos my teacher was big into it. We didn't have a team.

I like the 6 nations. Being 10 mins on a train from Waverley I'll often go through when it's on - planning to for the Ireland game - and get the craic in the pubs. * excellent day out and usually no bother.

Ok, you get the poshos but at the same time there's a lot of wanks that go to football games. Both posh and just downright gadgies. It would be completely ignorant to say otherwise.

One thing I haven't always been sure on is the fans mixing. I like the idea of it but the red blooded Scots/Irish in me loves the rivalry that comes with fitba.

15. Aidan O’Shea

Just seen this, were the Gray brothers as huge as they are today?

16. Diegan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Never realized this was a thing until recently. Played it in Australia and it was definitely not a posh thing. Posh kids played it of course, but so did everybody else. Lots of Pacific Island immigrants and Aboriginal players. Now that I think of it I can't really think of any sport in Australia that is class-based. Even cricket has the legendary character of the bush cricketer. They basically shove every sport imaginable on you in school, and then you pick one to specialize in when you're about 14 or so. In my school curriculum (just one year mind you) I had football, futsal, rugby union, rugby league, cricket, tennis, athletics, and Australian Rules. Absolutely loved the rivalry between Australia and New Zealand, although it was a bit more competitive back when I lived there. In Argentina it's most definitely for posh * though. Horrible people who play it in Buenos Aires. California as well, it's all the rich kids from the beach suburbs in San Diego and Orange County.

17. Jeremie Frimpong

Aye. :giggle1:

Aidan O’Shea likes this.
  18. Sween

At the recent Scotland vs England game there was a guy in the crowd with half and half face paint on. I cant really understand that.

19. HailHoopy

Don't know the rules but I enjoy watching it.

Real mans game.

They must all laugh their arses aff at the fitbaw players who hit the deck holding their face when somebody messes up their hairband.

Aidan O’Shea likes this.
  20. HectorTheTaxman Formerly The Spider

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Don't mind it, will watch the world cup and six nations.

Never been to a game as a fan but used to work as a steward at Glasgow Warriors and Scotland games at Murrayfield. Crowd were generally friendlier than your standard football fan even if they were a bit posh and the occasional one would be a bit stuck up. I was at the front entrance at Scotstoun once when the players arrived, even the smaller players and built like the side of a house :eek:

I do vividly remember one shout from a Glasgow fan to an opposition player, "Number 8, is that a nappy on your head?". Hilarity and chuckling all round at that one :52: A bit different to the abuse you get at any football ground :giggle1: