1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Frei

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Gaffney, Jun 14, 2007.

Discuss Frei in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Gaffney

Fav Celtic Player:
    JVOH
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    [​IMG]
    From Newsnow.co.uk

After the recent revelations that striker Alex Frei was 'flattered' by Celtic's interest in signing him, and his subsequent admission that after Celtic had talked to both his agent and his club Dortmund, it appeared the German side did not want to part with their prize asset and goal machine - well, at least not without being 'induced' financially!

Reading between the lines here, it was obvious that Dortmund were trying to hold Celtic to ransom over a transfer fee for Frei.

There looked to be an impasse, with Peter Lawwell reluctant to pay over the odds for one of Gordon Strachan's main summer striking targets.

That impasse, however, could now be conveniently passed, with the news that Borussia Dortmund have just signed Croatian striker Mladen Petric from FC Basle. Plot and thickens anyone?

On an even more positive note, sources in Germany say that Dortmund will now struggle to come up with the fee to land another of their top summer targets - Hamburg midfielder Piotr Trochowski - after paying-out €3.5 million on the Petric deal (they sound nearly as skint as Rangers...nah, nobody is that skint!).

2. Don Corleone

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamuraaaaaa
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I can tell you now that Frei would score at the bare minimum 20 goals in his first season at CP. I've seen good bit of him in the Bundesliga and I have been extremely impressed by him, he's also winner (2005) and runner up (2003 just behind Cisse) of the Ligue 1 Top Goalscorer award.

I'm delighted to hear that he would be interested in a move to Paradise, a strike force of him and Jan is, well, deadly!

3. Colin McRae

Fav Celtic Player:
    henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    i'll wait till its on bbc or skysports or one of the back pages before i belive celtic are intrested in him. but i think he'd be a good signing though i can really say i havn't seen alot of him

4. gerry_bhoy

I was pleased when I heard he was flattered, this guy could be a great buy - even for a bit over his face value and even to sell on in a few years.

We need to get in there before any EPL interest though!

5. ChristianH

Fav Celtic Player:
    Everyone who's wearing the Celtic shirt
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    It would be a major signing for us.

But it's far to good to I believe it will happen.

6. Katie87

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    If we sign Frei Id be a very happy girl for the start of the season!

7. Numpty

Fav Celtic Player:
    Donati
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    wud b a gud signig we'll see wot appens!!

8. TIMMY!

It reminds me of that time * spoke to Moses through a burning bush:50:

9. Liamo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Vennegoor of Hesselink, Miller
    It was in the Daily Record a couple of weeks ago that Celtic enquired about him, but got rejected by Dortmund.

10. celticmad117

Fav Celtic Player:
    The holy goalie, arthur boruc
    Hopefully we can sign him as hes never out of reach until he signs for a new club or a new contract

11. Celticnut

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc,Andy Hinkel,Georgios Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Whenever I've seen him he looked like a goal poacher,nothing more.He did not add anything to the general play

12. celticmad117

Fav Celtic Player:
    The holy goalie, arthur boruc
    I think that is what we would need in europe to catch the goal that could send us through

13. 3rings

don't think that Alex Frei will join us. He always told, that he is happy @ Borussia and want to stay. And I think that Dortmund will not let him go.

14. gunt

Sounds a bit like Boyd. Having a master poacher would be good. We havent really have one at the club since Magic's engine packed in.

15. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Would love to see us sign Frei. He is a top quality striker with a proven track record. Working off of VOH I think they could make a great partnership. Then it's McDonald, Killen and Riordan as cover. Heck even Sheridan if we get hit hard by injuries.
    At this point having signed McDonald and Killen I would be happy to see us sell Miller and Beattie to free up more cash. Zurawski could be sold as well if we signed Frei.
    I will believe it when I see it on Frei but like Appiah it would seem we have a shot.