Formerly R*ngers chat. Do not copy and paste from their forums

Discussion in 'Scottish Football' started by alsybhoy, Jul 10, 2011.

Discuss Formerly R*ngers chat. Do not copy and paste from their forums in the Scottish Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

?

If 'Newco' get voted straight back into the SPL, what will you do?

1. Carry on supporting Celtic like I currently do

2. Boycott away SPL matches

3. Boycott all SPL matches

4. Stop following Scottish Football altogether

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marie Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Oh it gets better :icon_mrgreen:

2. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Gerald Moran :celt_2: sound like a Tim is just taking a few of the possible new names should the huns have to start again they'll end up having to call themselves something * like Govan Rangers :56:

3. alsybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc, larrson,lubo,jinky,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing,ynwa,sean south,on the one road
    lol i so hope they get blootered for all this * they have tried!! crooks the lot of them lol

4. josh_j_mcg

Also led to believe by some sources an installment on the Jelavic transfer is due soon, with the last payment being for £500,000. The bills are racking up at Ibrox.

5. BelfastCelt88 Gold Member Gold Member

This is just getting better and better:50:... Scary halloween weekend ahead for them:celt_2:

6. FATLAZYBHOY Born in the steamie Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    CELTIC SONG (CLASSIC)
    what the * happens know, when or if ( as we all hope ) the huns go down the tubes what becomes of the thousands of there supporters. are we going to see hoards of orcs wandering around the streets of glasgow on a saturday afternoon looking with envy into the celtic shop on argyle st, or are the poor people of glasgow going to be subjected to drunken huns with no team to watch anymore reverting to type and causing trouble in the city centre, abusing shoppers and scaring chilrden with there violent behaviour and chanting there vile songs. mabye that is why the snp has pushed through there anti secterian law so quickly, cos they knew all along that the hun were doomed. A CONSPIRACY.? i don't think so

7. LB

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Hooper ,All Time -"Jinky"
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic song
    Rangers FC face a cash shortfall by the end of this season of about £19m
    Without a fresh cash injection, Rangers will run out of money in October / November
    And most significantly:
    Without a fresh cash injection-
    Rangers will be insolvent before the result of the EBT tax case is even known
    Whyte’s new-found candour has him admitting that there is a crisis at Rangers, and that insolvency is a distinct possibility. However, it is tempered with the narrative that he inherited a mess. Any crisis, according to Whyte, is a result of the EBT dispute with HMRC which goes back to a time before owning Rangers was even a gleam in his eye. Whyte has started to spin insolvency as drawing a line underneath the club’s longterm problems. His hints that he might not appeal a decision against Rangers in the First Tier Tribunal (FTT) could be a clue to his real strategy.
    To blame the previous regime at Ibrox requires that insolvency can be staved off until the judges sitting on the FTT return with their findings. However, Mr. Whyte will probably be mistaken if he thinks that the tribunal will return a result within a few days of it concluding. An insolvency event prior to that point would reveal the nature of the immediate problem: Rangers’ failure to qualify for the Champions’ League group stages. The arrestment of almost £3m by HMRC and Bain & McIntyre (ex-directors) intensifies matters.
    Readers of the replies section of this blog will be aware of the complicated permutations that face Whyte. Delaying an insolvency filing to beyond 60 days after an arrestment weakens the claims of a secured creditor (himself) to reclaim that cash. Delay also requires Whyte to up the ante and provide additional working capital. In return, his reputation would survive the mauling that would accompany a filing without an adverse result in the FTT to hide behind. Whyte also faces uncertainty over the timing of a response from the judges. If Rangers maintain a staunch defence to the end, it is possible that the FTT findings might not be published until February or March 2012. That would require pouring in more cash to survive to this point. (Surely Whyte would not countenance “throwing the game” in the last days of the tribunal to arrive at a speedy conclusion?)
    It is worth explaining cash flow for anyone who has not spent much time thinking about the monetary needs of a football club, it is extremely uneven. Cash accumulates over the summer months as season ticket holders renew in great numbers and drops over the autumn as players are paid their monthly salaries and bonuses. A good European run bolsters cash receipts in the short evenings and if post-Christmas European football is on the calendar, then a good season is had by all. Without significant European cash after September, Rangers (like Celtic) face a long period of outgoings being in excess of incoming cash. This funding gap can only be filled by a bank overdraft (short-term debt), a loan, or with the shareholders throwing in more equity. Traditionally, Rangers (and Celtic) have dipped into their overdraft facilities to pay wages and other bills during the months of negative cashflow. There is a problem this season however: Rangers do not have a credit facility with any bank.
    Since buying Rangers’ debt to Lloyds Banking Group (who were desperate to escape from the headache of being Rangers’ primary creditor), Whyte has failed to open another line of credit. It would appear that no bank wants to lend to a club facing crippling tax bills or one that has a fan base who will organise a boycott if it has the nerve to ask for its money back. (While discussing Rangers’ debt, a much forgotten fact is that Lloyds were not Rangers’ only creditor. An additional £4m in creditors is still on Rangers’ books bringing to total debt to about £22m when we include the money owed to the club’s parent company).
    Are Rangers facing imminent insolvency? If Whyte, or his backers, decide to pour in cash to delay the filing then obviously not. Without additional cash infusions insolvency seems inevitable within the next month.
    In coming posts, we shall examine the cash flow projections for Rangers in more detail and ask some of the questions that naturally follow about this case:
    Did Whyte really just gamble on Rangers qualifying for the Champions’ League group stages? Was insolvency part of Whyte’s plan from the beginning? How can Whyte hope to make a profit from his £18m + £1 investment in Rangers?
    As this blog has maintained from the outset, the story being parlayed from the top of the marble staircase does not make sense. We now have a few more pieces of the jigsaw and will be able to make more sense of this case as time goes on.
    In the meantime, I need some sleep.

8. celtic_bhoy81 Banned!

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjälby
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    If Rangers go down the tubes I wouldn't recommend wearing a Celtic shirt out and about for a while. Go to the games with a jacket. I can seriously see some trouble.

But like I said previously, Rangers FC are the jammiest * on the planet and will probably somehow come out strongers.

RFC the reason I don't believe in Karma

9. LB

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic song
    From FF

It was pointed out earlier on today that two new companies have been registered with Companies House today – ‘Glasgow Rangers Ltd’ and ‘Glasgow Rangers Football club Ltd’. Both are registered to Chancery Court Business House in High Wycombe, which rents out office space to companies so these addresses are virtually meaningless as many registered Companies House addresses can be.

However, upon researching, it appears that a company called Saffery Champness, who are corporate accountants who deal with high-end clients, corporate finances etc are claiming that they assisted Craig Whyte in the purchase of Rangers in their July newsletter –

http://www.saffery.com/pdf/publications/bu/july2011/files/search/searchtext.xml

I could very easily be putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5 here, but Saffery’s registered office in High Wycombe is a mere 8 minutes away from this registered office for the two new companies that have appeared today.

Immediately another poster opined;
    “It’s so we can move to the EPL!”

^^^^^
    How deluded they are !!!

10. Artur Boruc #1

Could be party time come Friday!

[​IMG]

11. LB

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic song
    Hope so :icon_mrgreen:

12. Ricardinho

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    TGIF TGIF TGIF.

13. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    If they lose the taxcase I will go on a week long bender :celt_2:

14. FATLAZYBHOY Born in the steamie Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    CELTIC SONG (CLASSIC)
    * i hope not. i'm going down to london on fri and won't be back till monday. i pray that they can * some of there crap and keep going until the following week. I WANT TO BE IN GLASGOW FOR THE STREET PARTYS. :60::party::party:

15. Dianbobo Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobo Balde
    :56: The only time I would be happy to hear that *

16. Ricardinho

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    :56::50:

I'm trying to think of a good acronym to change it to. In case Friday is the day.

17. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

What does TGIF stand for?:52:

18. Ricardinho

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Thank * it's Friday.

19. SUMMER TIME Gold Member Gold Member

Thank * it's Friday?

Edit; oops:52:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2011