1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

For once, I'm pleasantly surprised by the boards ambition...(Maybe spoke too soon)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The Thumb, Jul 10, 2019.

Discuss For once, I'm pleasantly surprised by the boards ambition...(Maybe spoke too soon) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    100% this, we should have had the players in by now, settled down a bit and games under their belt with the team so we have a better chance of qualifying.

2. saltire78

The ambition of the board is entirely based upon what is required. They will be assessing our position right now and have (probably correctly) decided that we'll make it through the first 2 rounds with what we have. We'll also do ok with what we have in early spl matches where everyone else is still rusty as *. Therefore they'll not rush to fill any position for about another fortnight.

Talk of the zombies is irrelevant. If they somehow do put a challenge up to us until Christmas, and that's not something that's even guaranteed, we'll power into the January window and push them aside. Personally, I think we'll lead them by about 6 points at that stage, and it'll be a business as usual, single signing and a loan, window; or 2 loans.

The fact we haven't signed anybody yet can be good or bad. Obviously, it's a huge deficiency, and needs resolved, but on the positive side we haven't brought any cheap */project in either. That at least feels like we intend to get at least one solid addition in there, probably for decent cash.

Whoflungdung likes this.
  3. wulliebad

:56::68:

4. Gully Sands

Fav Celtic Song:
    SAM song
    There can't be any fanying about with 9 and 10. Any wiff of shitebaggery must be met with the lynching of the board.

5. saltire78

You don't think we'll spend in January if we find ourselves tied or behind? The board are pathetically conservative, but they're not stupid. They know what it means to lose the league, let alone in the 9iar season. They'd * bricks and spend to save themselves...

StPauli1916 likes this.
  6. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Don't let them know they can * bricks, they'll just think of the saving they can make building the Hotel and Academy themselves :fear:

dbhoy72 and StPauli1916 like this.
  7. Britwell bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    January is a * window to get decent players in . Get the players we need in now . Cant believe some on here seamingly letting the board away with getting the bare minimum again . We all knew at the end of last season what was needed but we only have brought in Julien that can go straight in to the first team , its simply not good enough . All our players were dead on there feet at the end of the season and some on here want them to do it all again this year without having any decent players coming in to help them . If people think we will stroll it with what we have fair play to you i dont

bhoy81 likes this.
  8. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    How the * do you 'watch all football ' ffs :56:

Lilac Wine and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  9. themouth1888

Its worrying as usually we are linked to a player then we start haggling over the fee at 100k at a team then 3 or 4 weeks down the line we either sign or player goes elsewhere.

We dont seem to even be close to the 100k haggling stage. I'm hoping this is going to be a rare occasion where it's in the paper one day and at CP the following signing a contract

10. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    This is the same mistake that is made nearly every season now and is why we need to sign players earlier in the window and have them bedded in before the big matches. The 3rd round and playoffs are too financially important to be gambling on.

saltire78 and Britwell bhoy like this.
  11. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    There should be no fannying about regardless. Dont get caught up in 9 and 10, the aim should be the League and the Champions League groups every season.

12. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Spend like we did last January? Loads of loans?

Or like the time we spent in WGS last transfer window, Willo Flood?

Why the * do would we be happy to wait till January to strengthen, when it’s needed now, well it’s been needed for the last 18 months.

Mental.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  13. Cringer67

shall I word it differently for idiots like you?

14. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Winning the league and qualifying for the group stage of the Champions league.
    Rightly or wrongly that is my level of ambition and target for us every year, we keep doing that then I'm a happy big *.

Are we ready or set up for it this year? In my own personal opinion...no.

I'm a pragmatist, not the surrender monkey panic type, I gauge based on lots of thing. There will be a real challenge this year from they *, if they get off to a good start its priceless how important momentum is.

It may be come May it was another stroll for us and everyone can then call me a * for getting it wrong, I'll take that happily, but I think its absolute madness not to take them serious as real challengers this year and as it stands this morning, we are not doing our business properly.

15. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Imagine having to wait to sell one of your prized assets before you can buy a Kilmarnock RB, lol, just let that sink in.

Whoflungdung likes this.
  16. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    That surely can’t be the case but looks most likely! This Celtic board are hoarding tens of millions aswell

17. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Naw pal. Just keep making a complete * of yourself. You're a great laugh.

I blame the schools.

Minty1888 and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  18. Cringer67

I blame your parents.

19. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Where you been mate during the treble treble?

20. Cringer67

You want, like , specifics? Could take a while since it took 3 years.