1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Football Manager 2020

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by RabS, Oct 31, 2019.

Discuss Football Manager 2020 in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    upload_2019-11-9_19-6-29.png

Glorious failure in the europa league quarter finals. I blame Simunovic (had to play cause Jullien was suspended) for giving away a penalty in the first leg in the 80th minute.

2. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    upload_2019-11-9_19-8-1.png

Frimpong is developing nicely. Top rated player

M 67 likes this.
  3. GavCFC1

Any good face packs on the go?

4. RabS Aw fuck it Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
  5. Mr. Fawlty

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    FFS, this game is hard.

[​IMG]

Got Tonali in the end, along with Szoboszlai. Spent a total of 98m apparently, including Maddison/Kehrer/Meunier, though that figure also includes the IRL baked in transfers of Raman and Kabak and Tekpety for a good 27.5m between them. Raised 49m through the sales of Caliguri, Bentaleb, Stambouli and Embolo.

Have struggled for goals, can't seem to get my usual go-to 4-3-3 working. We're not too bad defensively, only occasionally getting carved open and conceding lots. It's the 0-1 losses that are really killing us.

[​IMG]

Realistically we're not in any real danger of relegation. But Europe is already gone. Rest of the season is just about trying to find my feet and restore some credibility with the board.

Had a bit of a team morale crisis when I accidentally did an 'unlucky boys' team talk after losing to Freiburg, which angered everybody. Then made the mistake of telling them I wasn't happy, which added confusion to the mix. The players then summoned me to a meeting to discuss our underperformance, and I managed to rectify things a bit by getting everybody to agree to pull their socks up (bar Kherer, who wanted some sort of concrete promise). But I then made the mistake of trying to capitalise on this positive shift by calling my own team meeting the next day, where I went for the 'we can turn things around' vibe, but then to my bafflement they all responded that we're not doing too badly. A mere day after they summoned me to a crisis meeting. Idiots.

In addition to this I've now had two board meetings to discuss my future. Have staved them off both times without agreeing to any specific performance targets. But I fear the next bad result won't prompt another meeting, they'll just go ahead and sack me. Earlier in the season I had a big run of press articles saying I was for the chop, but I think the 4-1 derby win saved my job. It stuck at the top of the positive section in the performance review for a few months afterwards, illustrating the importance of the fixture.

I've decided to ditch my 4-3-3/4-1-4-1 completely heading into the new year, need a radical shake up. Going to roll with a 4-2-3-1 for my primary formation now, makes sense to get Maddison further up the pitch in direct support of the striker. I'll still go to my 5-3-1-1 for away games, as that has been a much more successful system for us (mainly play it away but deployed it at home against BVB and reaped rewards).

[​IMG]

Convinced that win saved my job.

Board freed up some extra funds so I'm now going after Haaland to hopefully rectify my scoring woes. Burgstaller has struggled to get up to speed so I'm going to sell him, can get just shy of 9m from West Ham. Tempted to ditch Uth as well due to his high salary, but I might just leave that till the summer as I'd rather not have to disrupt Kutucu's successful HSV loan by recalling him to sit on my bench. Now that I'm running a #10 I've decided to launch a Bosman offer for Luciano Acosta, who would be a solid Maddison backup in the hole. Would like to loan one of Matondo or Raman out as I've got too many RWs.

[​IMG]

Good new feature, big tick from me.

callumrae1967 likes this.
  6. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Julien fault surely for being suspended then?

Think nearing the end of January in my save at celtic, loving the potential of some of the players coming through, frimpong as you say.

But finding it tough to get players signed of any real quality for building a stronger squad. Perhaps just need to find the gems and start a new save.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

7. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
  8. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    upload_2019-11-11_21-41-11.png

Loaned out to motherwell and played brilliant. Ready made replacement for Eddy

LM67 likes this.
  9. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    upload_2019-11-11_21-57-39.png

upload_2019-11-11_21-58-10.png

Should have played Shved more. He will be first choice this season.

LM67 likes this.
  10. LM67

So first season is over. Couldn’t have went better domestically, but disappointed with the european performance. CL was a good effort, but EL should have been better.

DB1274EC-9DEE-4C05-9F75-CC200037E66D.png

8107CF05-27AA-4974-ACC9-909FABDF5A82.png

7569FFBB-8145-4577-BB09-173CBB68C997.png

358C2286-B0BE-4A3F-A0BC-B94CED0B2641.png

FE5DE1EE-894E-4DB1-985B-EF6E2A3EFECC.png

A55C0DFF-89D9-4E3B-87D1-F05ACD082662.png
    5715F090-8418-4A1C-BC8D-7F36F4591922.png

Made some good signings, the best being the two January arrivals:

802FF3F7-1485-41C5-9B2C-20FD8556FEA5.png

0795CA5C-6A05-402F-81E0-38893E696EB2.png

Transfer plans/Squad Review:

GK: Forster, Bain, Gordon

Forster didn’t let us down but his loan is up and won’t be renewed. Gordon is out of contract so will leave. Bain will provide back-up throughout the save, his home grown status coming in handy.

A long-term quality number one is the priority this window.

RB: Mura, Elhamed, Frimpong

No changes needed. Mura has been amazing and Elhamed very steady. Will look to give Frimpong more game time to develop him so he can compete with Mura long term.

LB: Taylor, Sehovic, Bolingoli

Bolingoli will be sold/loaned out. No other changes - both developing well.

CB: Ajer, Pavlovic, Giannetti, Jullien

Conscious of the brexit foreign player limit of 17, with CB being a position with decent British/Irish players to go for. Only Ajer and Pavlovic (looks a great prospect) definitely won’t be sold. Will see if anything interesting crops up

CM/DM: Palacios, Ntcham, McGregor, Brown, Belmonte

Very strong here, but this will be Brown’s last season so if a good defensive minded midfielder appears on the radar I may go for it and phase Brown out a bit more

CAM: Christie, Rogic

Both played well in first season. No changes

Wingers: Forrest, Terrier, Dembele, Johnston, Shved, Magno (deal done in Jan to join this summer)

Good strength in depth but one too many - Shved didn’t perform first season so likely to be sold/loaned

ST: Edouard, Borre, Griffiths, Bayo (Arezo to join in Jan)

3 main strikers all did well. Bayo to leave. No signings needed with Arezo to join mid season

11. ApartPidgeon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Peej likes this.
  12. LM67

Transfer business done for Summer season 2:

28B46EDB-8198-49CF-B555-BA345BCE50C0.png

Happy with the signings made, but would have liked to get more players sold rather than just loaning them. Seems tougher to sell in this year’s game.

My new number 1:

912B93B9-6747-4E4C-A06C-27418A98D279.png

Couple of British defenders to help with the Brexit limit:

19D40772-1659-44C8-B22F-62E4E5B9B3B5.png

3ECF323B-BBFA-4D48-8FAE-FECF57630F92.png

Good replacement for Brown who is in his last season:

BA522028-081B-400B-9CAD-582D7152FC08.png

Signed in January but couldn’t join us til he turned 18. Brilliant prospect:

6D56F60D-9998-4AFB-BE95-CBD71C92E947.png

Got through the qualifiers and have Barca (again!), Porto and Galatasary in my group. Hoping to get through this time.

mickcfc91 likes this.
  13. Seosamh Máirtín

Seen some strange things before, but as part of their transfer policy Jeonbuk (who are in for Griffiths, imagine that IRL) are not allowed to sign non S.Korean gk's...

14. M 67

I posted a Celtic one either (better than the ones that come with the game). Would also recommend the mega pack on sortitoutsi , where you can also get badges kits etc

15. M 67

He’s not as good in my current save. * me off a bit that players vary game to game

16. Mr. Fawlty

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    Got Gouiri in the end, so that's my strikers sorted long term. Cost 14.5m potentially rising to 19.75m with add ons. Also scored a fab Bosman in the form of Gladbach's young Australian winger Jacob Italiano. Went above and beyond with a 2.1m signing on bonus to fend off BVB and Bayern. Not much to write home about at the moment but loads of potential, hoping to find a good loan for him. Couldn't manage to sell Uth as he rejected a move to Bordeaux. But I did manage to get Skrzybski sold on a move to the French Aquitaine region. Lad was never playing.

[​IMG]

Proper slog.

[​IMG]

Haaland is a monster, ridiculous strike rate. Carry that on next season and he'll smash Lewandowski for the Torschutzenkonig.

My board have been surprisingly generous. Singed a one-year extension on the back of a mini run of good form. Despite their happiness with me being a C- rating at the moment, they've loosened the purse strings with a hefty 49.73m + 1.3m p/w (114k free) budget. I thought they'd be stingy considering how much we still owe in installments from my splurge last season. But I guess we're a pretty healthy operation, 76m in sponsorship is a good starting point, along with 50m in Bundesliga prize money.

I've got a bit of marketeering to do to raise a few bob and add to my war chest. Seb Rudy returns from loan, Hoffenheim aren't willing to pay the going rate (100% + 300k p/m, nothing less) for another year of him and I don't have a role for him in my crowded central midfield picture (Tonali-Szoboszlai-Mascarell-McKennie-Serdar), so I'll probably just take the loyalty bonus hit and flog him. Valued at 9m and I'll hopefully get 10m. Will also lose a net 26k from the wage bill which is what Hoffenheim weren't covering. Also going to get rid of Uth who no longer has a role, he turned down Bordeaux but Freiburg are in for him and I think he'll accept them. Will get 4.3m but more importantly we'll jettison his 69k wages. Also going to get rid of Insua and Teuchert, hopefully 3m a pop there. Probably going to get shot of Salif Sane as well, want to add a new centre back and he's the oldest/most expendable. Koln will give me 5.25m and we'll shed his 60k contract.

Based on some back of the envelope maths, if I get all of this done my budget will end up looking something like 71.5m + 285k p/w free.

Nastasic feels he's outgrown the club and I've agreed to sell should a bid of 43.5m come in for him, but it looks like the Chinese have moved on to other targets. Kehrer is no longer unhappy, so I think I'll be able to hang on to him long term. Kabak is a solid 4th option. As for who I'm after, Kristoffer Ajer is on the transfer list for 20.5m. Asked Haaland for a rec and he mentioned Ajer, which I expected (trying to ingratiate myself with him). Arsenal have also bid but I told Haaland to have a word with Ajer about joining us and he got a positive response, so I'm hoping that counts for something. If that move ends up falling over and he goes to Arsenal, I'm probably going to have a crack at either Fiorentina's Milenkovic or Ajax' Lisandro Martinez.

Not sure what to do with the rest of my budget. Have a bit to sort out at fullback, Miranda is here for another year so LB is covered for now, Barca are willing to add another year to the loan but Miranda's agent reckons he's not interested. Release clause is 55m which I can't justify. Will put a bid in for Ben Chilwell but I don't fancy my chances of convincing him to choose us over Man United, who're also in for him.

Got Reece James in on loan in January and he's done really well, but Chelsea want to give him a run in the first team so I'll have to find a replacement. Luis Orejuela is on the transfer list at Ajax and looks a bit of a bargain so might grab him.

Think we could do with another attacker, David Neres at Ajax is top of my list at the moment in terms of value for money.

I've extended the loans of Fahrmann and Raman at Norwich and Newcastle respectively. No point selling them prematurely when their values are pretty low and they've still got multiple years left and loyalty bonuses owing. Fahrmann for example is valued at 2.7m, but Norwich will pay 3m to loan him, so there's no sense in selling till next year.

Going to switch systems because control possession doesn't seem to work for me in Germany. Have opted for the gegenpress 4-2-3-1, will live or die by how well we adopt it.

Been a few big managerial moves. Spurs sacked Poch and replaced him with Allegri. United sacked Ole and replaced him with Poch. Barca sacked Valverde and replaced him with Ancelotti. Mourinho is looking like the favourite for Napoli.

Fairly sure that's a league-wide rule in China, no non-Chinese keepers.

17. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    I think he has only turned out decent cant i played him all season and to be fair i wouldnt buy a player with his stats but hes been absolutely brilliant

18. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    upload_2019-11-15_19-21-18.png
    upload_2019-11-15_19-22-48.png

Got a transfer listed Jesus Vallejo for £2.4 million and Borja Maroyal (back up replacement for Edouard if he leaves which seems likely i've just rejected a £78 million bid from Chelsea ) for £6 million from Real Madrid.

19. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    Oops just done this;

upload_2019-11-15_19-30-13.png

£98k a week :L

LM67 likes this.
  20. M 67

The blue cafu was top scorer in season 1. 18 goals, all of which from penalties....:97: