1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Football Manager 2019

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by RabS, Oct 7, 2018.

Discuss Football Manager 2019 in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Interesting that Young Boys is making an appearance at the play off for most of us. Wonder what their team is like that makes them always get through to play off in the same seeding. Must be rated decent

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

2. marti~bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson & Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    The right back Mbabu looks like a beast. Was on loan at der hun when they were playing pub league.

3. Bertie Cauld

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of Kings
    Karamoko Dembele in it?

4. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    We should be looking at him for replacement for Lustig and gamboa!

5. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Too young.
    not 16 till Feb.

Couple years ago they did put Martin Odegaard in it as a 15 year old, because he was close to being 16 - think added in the January transfer update and also because his dad gave them permission to do so.

Would take something similar, but also a big push from the whole social media/fanbase to demand it.

6. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Nasri? Interesting.

Aye those tow are good, I've decent hopes for Johnston in this game as well, also Ralston looks like he could still be a useful player and develop well like last year.

edit. Had a look in my save there as well, Nasri at 31 and still a free agent, only wanted 23k and got him down to 21k not a problem on 3 years. That's got to be worth it for good cover and perhaps even make a couple mill next summer off him.

7. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Just realised, he is banned till the end of the year.

* it, he is worth 12.5million the moment he signs, well worth it.

Celtic in real life should go sniff around him.

8. callumrae1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Anyone signed a right back or keeper for Celtic?

9. Mr. Slippyfist

Dembele was in this year's one.

10. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    I bought Varela (ex man u) after somebody mentioned him in here. Looks a solid buy.

callumrae1967 likes this.
  11. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Not in the official database.
    Perhaps in a user made update.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

12. Mr. Slippyfist

January update, i'm sure.

13. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    upload_2018-10-22_20-6-31.png

Anthony McDonald from Hearts is well worth a buy at £400k.

Him and Mikey Johnson are going to be my first choice in the future.

14. RabS Aw fuck it Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Keeper - Rajkovic or Livakovic. There's Rossbach as well but think the first two have the higher potential.

RB - Tons of options this year. If you can splash out Mbabu or Almamy Toure (towards the end of the window as his contract's up in '19) are willing to come. If you've got the money and want someone who can become homegrown then Vagnoman from HSV. Victor Garcia and Esgaio are two cheaper options but both look like bargains.

Tyler Adams, Gino Peruzzi, Johan Larsson, Israel Jimenez and Frederik Norrestrand are also all available on pre contracts at the start of the game (or within a week of the game beginning).

15. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

Aye still worth it I thought. His stats look class. Worth it in a free

Peej likes this.
  16. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Defo, if at worst, I will sell him for 15million in the next summer. Well worth the outlay in wages and getting some game time in the new year.

17. LM67

Anyone else had a message about Brexit and that there’s rumours that a new foreign player limit will replace the current work permit rules!?

Better stay a rumour!

Got that message at the end of October

18. Mr. Fawlty

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    [​IMG]
    I'm an idiot.

Well, more correctly, Valencia are idiots. Though in fairness to them their form dropping away in the league had a lot to do with their run to the Champions League final, in which they defeated Tottenham to finally add a long-awaited coda to the early noughties back-to-back final defeats. So perhaps the real idiots here are Atleti, who lost to Valencia in the CL semi-finals and then proceeded to blow up their league title chances in the face of a resurgent Real Madrid under the fresh stewardship of newly-hired former Florentino casualty, Carlo Ancelotti. Hala... the eyebrow.

In other bonkers managerial hire news England has gotten decidely strange over recent weeks: Jurgen Klopp and Pep Guardiola have done a job swap. Klopp stabbed kopites in the back after leading them to a maiden Premier League title by taking up the Sheikh's shilling and putting his feet under the vacant Man City manager's desk, in the wake of their sacking of Guardiola for the crime of finishing 3rd. Guardiola promptly took up FSG's offer to oversee Liverpool's title defence.

Mourinho is still stinking out the joint at Old Trafford following a humdrum 4th-place season, though he's pulling out the chequebook in the market to land Harry Kane for 105m and Leon Bailey for 72m. Man City responded to the Glazer largesse by snapping up Paulo Dybala for 141m. Insert our chequebook's bigger than yours joke here. Sarri is still in place at Chelsea, having put in a reasonably successful Europa League + FA Cup double along with a runners up finish in the league.

In spain Barca reacted to their humdrum season by dumping Valverde and replacing him with Unai Emery. Antonio Conte took up Emery's old post at Arsenal. Italy is all change as they await to see if Brendan Rodgers can repeat his Napoli title success, having taken over from Ancelotti mid-season.

As for me, it's all quiet on the Athletic front. We've fended off some interest in our stellar young centre half Unai Nunez by tying him down to a new contract, which features a much heftier release clause. The likes of Madrid and Barcelona and United have all been making noises about wanting to sign Inaki Williams, but I suspect it's all talk. None of the sums quoted in the press rumours are in the ballpark of his release clause, so I suspect we won't see a sustained effort to sign him.

The only first team transfer I've made is in the form of a striker, as I continue the quest to find the long-term Aduriz successor. Real Sociedad's Jon Bautista was on the verge of a transfer to Betis before I swooped in at the last minute, singing him for an initial 3.5m rising to 4.1m. Not particularly enamoured with his form from last season - just the 4 goals in 16 league apps - but he's got age on his side at just 24 y/o and looks a cut above Kenan Kodro. Wasn't able to loan out Kodro but I'll probably need him anyway, given that Aduriz is showing early signs of attribute wastage.

Also snapped up a tasty-looking Las Palmas CM regen called Marcelino Rivero, who despite being born in Telde on Gran Canaria somehow qualifies as Basque. I seem to be able to make offers for young Spanish regens without triggering the 'not allowed to sign non-Basque players' pop-up, not sure if this is by accident or design on SI's part. But in any case, Rivero now has a little Basque other nationalities flag, so he's all mine.

Suspect the Champions League will kill us in the early phase of the season, unless we get a dead easy group. Anticipate we'll probably fall into the Europa League knockouts, but we'll enjoy our time in the sun while it lasts. Season could be a real * for goalscoring as I'm not sure we can rely on Aduriz for much longer.

[​IMG]

Big fan of the players now deciding to park their issues to one side without kicking up a fuss, even if it only happens on occasion.
    [​IMG]

Huge fan of coaches now giving proper explanations for their player trait advice.

M 67 and Peej like this.
  19. LM67

Update:

Seen someone saying on twitter that there was a 17 foreign player limit implemented in their game. This would be manageable, although may mean having to hoover up all the good Scottish players and giving Aberdeen £20m for McKenna! Although I’m sure players from other UK countries will count too

Be interesting to see where someone fits if they are foreign but have been in the country 5 years like Rogic

20. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley

Does that help getting players from Brazil, Argentina etc who usually dont get work permits?