1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Football Manager 2019

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by RabS, Oct 7, 2018.

Discuss Football Manager 2019 in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. James Gold Member Gold Member

Romping the league with Leipzig just now as Bayern have hit a bad patch. Cruised past Atalanta 4 0 on agg and got hit with Arsenal in the last 16 but check the top game

[​IMG]

Mr. Fawlty likes this.
  2. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    Greig Taylor is good

3. Hampsonivich

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Got boscagli

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

4. James Gold Member Gold Member

Got past Arsenal with a late winner and in to the quarters had my lead at the top cut to 4 points as I rested most of the team starting to really enjoy this save.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Celtic also made in to the quarters

5. James Gold Member Gold Member

1st season at Leipzig done. Won the league against Bayern with a 1 0 win also won the Europa with relative ease although the final was mental

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Won the League Cup. 12 points clear in the league.

January Window

Out:
    Jozo £5.5m
    Bayou loan
    Eboue £600k
    Hayes £100k

In:
    Victor Nelsson £4m
    Emre Mor £3.7m

Just beat PSG 2-0 in the first leg of the CL last 16 :party048:

7. Hampsonivich

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Yaldii[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

8. Mr. Fawlty

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You know you're moving up in the foodchain when you've got a veritable star fleet of players heading off on internationals. Particularly proud of the 6 Italian senior call ups, along with 5 in the U21s.

Had a quiet window really, no headline signings apart from Marco Varnier from Atalanta. Decided that Badiashile could probably do with a loan to help accelerate his development, wasn't getting into the team enough as my 4th option. Sent him to Augsburg, was between them and Frankfurt and I very nearly rejected Frankfurt on account of Augsburg having better training facilities, but I left it up to him and he ended up choosing Augsburg anyway.

Varnier is an immediate starting calibre defender to add to the rotation, not exactly cheap at 18.75m but a solid investment to make in a 23 y/o Italian player.

Ended up going big on regens to flesh out my youth ranks, haven't been overly impressed with the standard we've been generating ourselves despite me upgrading the recruitment whenever possible. I basically just pulled the trigger on every 4 gold + 1 black star potential 17 y/o that landed on my scout reports desk, as long as they didn't have a prohibitive price tag. Spent a total of 17.25m on 9 players, the highlight probably being a young Torino centre half who has been dubbed the 'new Franco Baresi.' So a lot to live up to. Also a French lad from Nancy dubbed the 'new Maxime Bossis.' Will confess to having to Google him.

Spotted a good Bosman flipping opportunity in the form of Filipe Soares, who was available on a free after his Estoril contract lapsed. Riccardi's emergence last year has pushed Jankto down the pecking order, so I thought I might as well utilise his spot for a bit of profiteering. Keen to get him back into the fold as I want to retain as many links to the irl Samp squad for as long as possible, so I've loaned him out to Wolves for now. Plan is to play Soares and hopefully drum up some interest for a quick turnaround sale in January, if successful I'd then cancel Jankto's loan. Soares is valued at 23.5m so could be a nice chunk of money to basically cover the costs of my regen splurge.

Decided that since I'm mixing it with the big boys now it makes sense to behave like an elite club, so rather than going down the cost cutting route and loaning Audero out again I'm going to retain him in the squad as a top notch backup keeper. Having to forego 3m in loan fees and he's on 26.5k which is reasonably steep for a bench warmer, but it's worth paying for quality cover rather than relying on sub-par guys like Krapikas or Hutvagner in the event of Plizzari picking up any injuries.

Only a couple of minor sales, Cornet to Udinese for 7.75m and Kownacki to Bremen for 6.5m. Loan army is set to generate an impressive 36m in loan fee income.

CL group is reasonable, 1st seeds this time around on account of our Europa League win and we've landed United, Leverkusen and RB Salzburg.

9. M 67

Doing my usual and getting bored 2/3 seasons in.

Any tips?

10. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Just bought this the other day and they've seemed to revamped the training quite a bit. Do any of you tweek the training calender, im too feart to touch it so far.

11. Mr. Fawlty

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    Lads, it's Juve.

[​IMG]

* *. This was unexpected. Think I'd have to describe it as the magnum opus of this save, however many seasons I carry it on we'll not have another game or result quite like that.

[​IMG]

The match ratings for the starters are ludicrously good. The 'worst' is Plizzari who 'only' notched up a 7.7. Then four outfielders with a 9+, and the rest ranging from 8.3 to 8.9.

[​IMG]

The win essentially clinches the scudetto for us. Lose and the gap would have been down to 1 point, iirc. Now we can mathematically wrap things up if we beat Genoa at home next up.

As for Europe, we've developed a very distinct methodology for advancing. Basically, we blitz them in the first leg at home leaving us with very little to do in the next leg. 3-1 against Man City, 4-1 against Atleti, and the trend would continue with a thoroughly dominant 3-0 over Spurs.

[​IMG]

Second leg wasn't quite a formality, but we knew if we managed an a.g. we'd have a massive advantage. Ended up being a 2-2 draw, not used to an opponent registering 60% possession against us but we weren't exactly under the pump. We very quickly equalised after Alli scored early, and we then had the four goal buffer to protect us. Second half featured a penalty for each team, but the outcome was never in doubt.

[​IMG]

Loving that foul count.

Real lost the first leg of their semi, Porto winning 1-0 and Real finishing with 9 men after a couple of sending offs. But Real turned it around in the second leg, thrashing Porto 4-0. So the Barcelona final is all set.

[​IMG]

I usually just leave it to the assistant, he sets up a varied schedule which tends to have a different focus each weak. Easy to then just edit what he's done if you want to throw in a couple of specific sessions yourself. Sometimes you'll get the players moaning about their 'unit' not getting enough attention (training split into three units: keepers, defenders and attackers iirc), so you can then set up some specific sessions focusing on them to keep them happy.

Seosamh Máirtín and M 67 like this.
  12. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    upload_2019-4-10_21-3-6.png

Got to be the best 16 year old in the game. Paid £3 million for him. Sold Griffiths to buy him.

13. Mr. Fawlty

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    Won the league by 6 points over Poch's Milan in the end. Clinched the scudetto in the derby despite Genoa holding us to a 0-0 draw. Thrashed Torino 4-2 to hasten their relegation. Then played the last league fixture of the season against Roma, annoyingly scheduled a mere 3 days ahead of the CL final. Had to rest a bunch of players so ended the season with a draw, missing the chance to break the 90+ barrier.

[​IMG]

3 points worse off than last season, but who really cares about that. Allegri has paid the price for Juve's slump to 4th, sacked on account becoming 'stale' according to the news report. The main contenders to replace him are Sampaoli, Conceicao and Nagelsman. Serie B promoted sides are Empoli, Parma and Cittadella.

[​IMG]

CL final turned out to be a lot less scary than I'd anticipated. We conceded early to a Toni Kroos free kick which sort of skipped over Vagnoman's head. But despite taking the lead they never took the initiative, and we were always on the front foot. Pinamonti the clear MOTM for his two decisive goals, one to drag us level well before the break and the other just as I was preparing for the possibility of extra time + pens. Vignato then put the icing on the cake with his goal deep into stoppage time.

Delighted to finally break my CL duck after 19 seasons of FMing. Though strictly speaking my Koln save is stopped on the verge of a CL final against Liverpool which I've not played yet, so I could have done it about 8 seasons ago prior to both my Brentford and Samp saves. But we'll gloss over that. The long wait is over.

[​IMG]

Had 7 Samp players filling out the CL 'dream team.'

The new owner has given me a contract extension on the back of our CL triumph. I typically don't ask for much, was previously on 33k, but his opening offer was a massive 115k. Decided it would be unrealistic to artificially lower that for the sake of saving the club money, so I agreed 110k along with some bonuses for winning comps.

Asked him to stump up for a new stadium in the negotiations, but he refused. Did however accept a request to expand the stadium, so the Gigi Ferraris will be getting a bit of a spruce up. 9,149 seats due to be completed by November, which will bump the capacity up to 45,748. We only averaged an attendance of about 32k in the league but it will be nice to get a big boost on the European nights, which I suspect we'll sell out more often than not.

We've had to fork out 37m of our own money to fund the work, though as it's a council-owned ground they gave us an 11m grant to grease the wheels a bit. Worthwhile to put a dent in our season profit so there's less for the taxman to * as well. Genoa are contributing nothing to the project, * freeloaders.

[​IMG]

Pinamonti was the stand out goalscorer with his 26 in all comps. Scored a massive 10 in the Champions League which claimed him the CL golden boot. Vignato was the best player overall, though, notching up both the fan vote for player of the year and the award for young player of the year. Scored 8 CL goals so he ended up a clear 2nd in the CL golden boot race, one ahead of Leroy Sane.

Happy I held on to Belotti who has done well. Tends to score important goals. Marin's production has dropped off massively from previous seasons, still going to persist with him though as he's still young. Doku not quite doing enough to displace him as the clear first-choice on the left, suspect it will be another season of picking between the two quite regularly whereas the rest of the positions in the ideal starting XI have a better defined first-choice.

Combination of the Club World Cup fixtures and the Qatar World Cup hiatus means I'm anticipating an absolute mess of a schedule next season.

14. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    upload_2019-4-15_19-2-1.png

Got this belter for £2.5 million from Defensa y Justicia.

upload_2019-4-15_19-4-3.png

Got Gary Cahill on a free transfer as well.

15. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    upload_2019-4-15_20-43-41.png

Was one of my best last season but need to let him go for that sort of money.

Edit: His value went up to £41 million and his media description is world class midfielder.

16. Chubbspeterson

Does anyone play this on their phone?

17. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    upload_2019-4-18_19-41-48.png
    upload_2019-4-18_19-42-29.png

The most balanced centre half pairing i've ever had. With one being left footed and one being right footed.

Mr. Fawlty likes this.
  18. Mr. Fawlty

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    Souttar's great in my Samp save, tend to pair him with Joachim Andersen as my #1 starters. Have Varnier and Markovic who are equally good but Souttar-Andersen have a lot of chemistry as they've been the main pairing for a good three and a half seasons.

Big chunk of Ntcham's value rising will be his new contract.

mickcfc91 likes this.
  19. Mr. Fawlty

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    Go home, Qatar World Cup scheduling chaos. You're drunk.

[​IMG]

This is * Month, really. I've no gripes about the spacing as everything is realistically spread out as opposed to the two games in three days nonsense that plagued my first Samp season. But the sheer relentlessness of eight fixtures in October is unnerving, particularly given the caliber of the opposition. Parma is the only real 'banker' in there.

[​IMG]

I can at least be confident about the manner in which we've started the season, even if our opening run of games has been kind in terms of difficulty. Have yet to concede a league goal or a European one, Super Cup aside.

I notice that the entire Club World Cup has been scrapped due to time constraints. Bit annoyed we won't get the chance to put the cherry on top of our CL win by tonking some regen-laden South American mob, but whatevs. Will just have to go and win it again. We still have to endure the mid-season pointlessness of the Italian Supercoppa in January, however. At least it's in Rome and we're not having to travel somewhere crazy like China or Boston or Abu Dhabi.

Wound up getting a few regens in the window. One a dubious-looking striker from Lille for half a mil, has 10 finishing but supposedly a lot of potential. Purely a profit exercise, he'll never don a Samp shirt competitively. Got the Ukranian DM chap I mentioned for his 19.25m clause and loaned him back to Shaktar for 12 months. Believe the lad has taken it as some sort of slight as he's absolutely tearing things up over there, averaging 8.38 over the course of 6 league games. Now, I don't out much stock in the quality of a non-active Ukranian league, but it's still a significant jump on what he was doing before I purchased him. Will keep playing Locatelli for the rest of this season with a view to a bumper sale, hard to justify excluding the Ukranian kid for much longer than that.

Third regen was a Czech CB from Sparta Prague, David Dostalek. Bit pricey at 3.3m rising to 4.3m, but he looks the business. Just 17 y/o but loaned him out to Cagliari straight away, early days but he's averaged 7.00 across three league starts.Composure and concentration are a bit low at 7 and 9, but they should fill out as he matures. Possesses promising numbers everywhere else though: positioning + decisions 16, tackling 15, anticipation + bravery + jumping 14, marking 13, pace + strength 12, heading 11. Perfectionist personality + 17 determination so should be a quick developer.

Trincao loaned out to Porto, Fernandez occupying the second-choice RW spot. Has been plagued by minor injuries and hasn't found form thus far. Starting to doubt whether I'll be able to turn a big profit on him, if he's still going nowhere in Jan I'll probably just take the financial hit and bring Trincao back.

Got Pellegrini done for slightly less than my 46.5m Pinamonti record buy (only 250k less). Roma were solid negotiators but at least weren't being obstructionist * as it's a price largely in line with his value. Has been superb so far, banged in some terrific long range goals from open play and I've finally got a goal threat from free kicks as well. Really regret loaning Dominguez out to Atleti as he's completely frozen out of the picture, forget who the other clubs that bid for him were but none were offering more than rotation minutes. Will probably have to recall him in Jan and find another club (if I can, will probably be * all interest on account of him not playing).

Sort of accidentally found myself in a position to buy Moisie Kean. Had pondered getting him previously but his price was too high, so just put in a series of bids to mess with Juve and make Kean upset at their refusals. 6 months or so down the track and he's upset, requests to leave. 34m for a 22 y/o phenom like that was just too tasty to pass up. Was thinking of selling Belotti, could have moved him on for about 60m to Liverpool but decided not to, can still bring performances to the table and has come through for me time and time again winning and then converting penos.

Great bonus with Kean is him being a natural at both #9 and LW, so decided to give him Antonio Marin's spot as one of my left wingers for the season. Have no intention of letting Marin go permanently, just a temporary solution until I probably end up selling Belotti in a year's time. Unfortunately Juve were the only loan suitor, so I reluctantly sent him there to get some minutes. Better that than him not playing at all. Bit weird that there was absolutely no other interest in him, even when offering him out without a loan fee. Juve though were straight in there with the standard 100% wages + 3m loan fee.

My loan army, predominantly regens but with a couple of real players in it, is hauling in an absolute ton of money. I spent 104m in total this window but will raise 96m over the course of the season, 39m of that from perm sales (Filipe Soares being the biggest at 21m to West Ham, brilliant Bosman flip) and the rest from loan fees (57m).

[​IMG]

*. Disappointed this didn't end up happening, tbh. Benfica would have ruled Portugal for a good decade with that sort of money.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Mr. Fawlty

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    January has rolled around and I'm at risk of decision paralysis.

Dominguez wasn't getting a kick at Atleti so I recalled him, have loaned him out to Lazio who will hopefully use him a bit more. Hoping to be able to shift him in the summer as his contract is up in 2024, though if there are no takers I may have to hand him a costly extension and try to play him into form at Samp for the sake of attracting a buyer.
    Jakub Jankto has been my long-serving 'man over' in midfield, the injury cover who only really gets sympathy minutes as Pellegrini/Riccardi are firmly entrenched at AP-Su and rarely pick up knocks. He's still got another 2.5 years on his contract, but I've decided to flog him in order to free up a spot in the squad for a talented regen CM who's about to turn 19, someone I'd rather not loan out and want to develop in-house. The regen isn't actually an AP but a BBM, have him earmarked as an eventual Linetty successor. But he's also a natural mezzala so can step in and do that on the AP side of the pivot if necessary.

Jankto is worth 42m but the best bid I could get was 37m from Jiangsu Suning. Also have to hand 3.7m over to Udinese due to a pre-existing sell clause.

Sad to see one of the original squad members go, someone approaching his 100th Samp league appearance, but he's just so superfluous and paying him 51k a week to sit around isn't the greatest use of money. Particularly as I've just had to hand John Souttar a bumper pay rise, he's now on 93k having previously not had an extension since his original contract from back when I first signed him. Vagnoman is also now on 93k, was demanding way more but thankfully picked up a moderate injury at the World Cup so his demands came down a tad (won by England btw, beating Argentina in the final: I've got my eyes on the Italy job but Spalletti wasn't sacked despite a quarter final exit, so that will have to wait).

Now onto the decision paralysis. Andrea Belotti is a decent striker, lethal at pens, but he's not really pulling his weight and now that I've got Moise Kean I think it's time to pull the plug on Belotti and get big money for him while I can, given he's about to turn 30 in December. Kean was bought with Belotti's backup striker role in mind, though I've been playing him wide left in order to keep Belotti around.

The downside to losing Belotti is mainly his pen attributes, he's a solid taker at 14 and my next best is only a 12. The other downside is that there are only two interested takers, and both are domestic rivals. Inter put in a bid but weren't willing to meet my asking price. Juve, however, are willing to drop a hefty 67m on the man I nabbed from Torino for 11m. Along with an extra little 5% of next sale profit sweetener which I'll probably be able to sell for an extra mil or two.

So we'd potentially be handing Juve a boost with a top tier goalscorer. But I'm not quite sure Belotti actually is a top tier goalscorer. His stats with us in the league read 9 in 29 in his first season, 13 in 26 in his second season, and he's currently on 3 from 7 this season, only 1 of those being from open play. Kean has been reasonable on the wing but I feel he'll flourish at #9. And the main side benefit to doing the deal will be freeing up the second-choice LW spot so I can recall Antonio Marin from his Juve loan. Also potentially a few more minutes on the table for my third-choice striker, currently Da Graca but I've got a killer looking Argentine regen currently on loan at Roma who may occupy the spot next season. Lad is 6' 7", still really quick despite his heft though (15 accel/14 pace). Has scored 8 in 14 for Roma and looks a decent bet, keep giving Da Graca chances but he rarely delivers.

I like Belotti, even if he's a B+ player at best. But from a nostalgia/sentiment perspective, I've got Marin currently out of the fold on loan at Juve, a 22 y/o player who already has 121 Samp league apps to his name. He could conceivably break the 350 mark if I was to keep this save going for the long haul, which I intend to. If I hold off getting rid of Belotti now I might have a far less lucrative offer for him on the table in the summer (his value is only 51m, so Juve are paying massively over the odds), and Marin could miss out on adding more Samp honours to his milestones list (and could regress under the tutelage of Juve's inferior coaching setup). As for Juve, they're ploughing a huge amount into a player whose legs are probably a year and a half away from starting to go. It would smash my previous record sale, big Duv Zapata to Newcastle, by just shy of 20m.

I don't really need the money, but I'm starting to think it's a sensible course of action. And I may well end up wanting to build the club its own stadium one day, so we don't have to share with pesky Genoa. So a nice chunk of money on the books accruing interest would help that along.

I'll miss his smiling face, though.

As for how we're doing, currently sit top of the league with 40 points from 16 games. Milan are on 37, Juve on 35 and Napoli on 34. CL has been easy thus far and we've drawn RB Leipzig for the first knockout round.