1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Football Manager 2019

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by RabS, Oct 7, 2018.

Discuss Football Manager 2019 in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr. Fawlty

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    We've only gone and mugged them off.

[​IMG]

First half more or less played out without incident, mainly as I was eating my dinner at the time so didn't notice how much we were on top of them. Stats painted a very convincing picture at the half so I pushed us into a more attacking mode, also going more direct. Made my first change at the 62 minute mark with Cordoba replacing Muniain at inside left, as Muniain had picked up a tight thigh and wasn't having much of an impact. They then scored via an SM-S header shortly afterwards, and I despaired. All that dominance for nothing, I thought. Immediately brought on Rivero (Mezzala) to replace Dani Garcia (BWM-D), forming my go-for-broke midfield two with no one bothering to shield. Also pondered subbing Bautista off for Santamaria as up to this point he'd done sod all to affect the game. Thankfully I persevered because he would shortly go on to restore parity via a header and eventually net the match-winner, again via his big old striker's forehead.

At this point all that was left for me to do was to withdraw Bobby Lopez at #10 in favour of San Jose as an anchoring DM and wind down the clock with caution, shithousery and max time-wasting. * lovely result. Valencia drew as well so we're the only remaining team with a perfect record thru 5 games.

2. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

3rd season now. Very confident of doing well in Europe. Beat Bayern home and away and sit top of my group. Have only lost once in the league in nealry a full year. Got good enough cover in every position now. Screen Shot 2018-11-16 at 17.42.15.png

Current squad and tactics.
    Screen Shot 2018-11-16 at 17.46.45.png

SeanyBhooy likes this.
  3. callumrae1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Just pumped Spurs in the last 16 of the CL. Got Monaco in the quarters. It’s coming home bhoys.

SeanyBhooy likes this.
  4. LM67

We are officially the best club side on the planet!

466C7998-E00F-45FC-851D-534645571C78.png

French Eddy has even landed himself the striker role in the world team of the year.

6350970C-74DD-415A-B06C-53BB33388EC7.png

Which has resulted in bids like this for him

547D9B41-7B98-4308-AA2C-4C540AD9FCFA.png

Swiftly rejected. He’s going nowhere

Won my CL group pretty comfortable and got drawn with Schalke in the last 16

January was pretty quiet. Wasn’t planning on doing any business but when my scouts popped up with this guy I couldn’t say no.

Evelio Cardozo - Racing Club - £9.75m

C6A690FB-C868-4F0B-9CB7-6921150A7ED8.png

Natural fitness the only worry. Looks like he could be immense!

Mr. Fawlty and Idioteque like this.
  5. SeanyBhooy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Managed the treble in the second season, I was so close to an invincible season but we had to get beat once!

Finished bottom of my CL group again, managed to beat Napoli home and away but we didn't pick up any other points.

Season 3 transfers:

upload_2018-11-17_1-35-35.png

Brought back Paddy on a free. He hasn't progressed much so will act as 5th choice winger.

Brandon Clark is a decent regen from Aberdeen.

upload_2018-11-17_1-37-10.png

I couldn't reject £60m for Tonali so off he went to Dortmund, so I brought in this guy:

upload_2018-11-17_1-38-30.png

Qualified for the CL again and have been drawn against Juve, Leverkusen and Ajax.

I rejected £60m for Marin and £50m for Ajer, hopefully I can push in on in Europe if not I'll sell in Jan.

Mr. Fawlty likes this.
  6. Mr. Fawlty

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    Just the 9 fixtures for October.

[​IMG]

Seriously, * this World Cup in the desert business. Silver lining is perhaps it * with Barca's momentum more as they'll probably have about half of their squad going to it. They've even reduced the Copa del Rey from a two-legged tournament to single elimination rounds, I didn't get a message about it but I presume SI have coded it this way in order to cram everything in. Hope it goes back to normal next year.

[​IMG]

Table looking pretty good at the World Cup break mark. Barca on our tails in hot pursuit, the Madrid clubs and Valencia not looking likely to be a factor in the title race.

7. Mr. Fawlty

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    Agents are * *. Have Bautista expiring at the end of the season so need to get him signed up to a new deal. He's concerned about wanting a new deal, I have a chat with him and promise to offer him one, check the promise screen and he's expecting to be offered a contract within seven days. All pretty standard stuff. But then you go to offer it and his agent says he isn't interested in negotiating, despite the fact that he very clearly * is.

Back in the day you could just ask players to sack an agent whenever you wanted, but they've removed the ability to do that. Would make things a whole lot easier.

8. Nasser

ffs :56:We need Trans and gender-neutral regens for FM2020

Mr. Fawlty and ourdaywillcome! like this.
  9. Mr. Fawlty

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    Ended up being Croatia Vs Sweden for the World Cup final. One for the purists, doubt many sheikhs will be interested in showing up.

10. Dianbobo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobo Balde
    [​IMG]

I think my game is defective :giggle1:

11. Mr. Fawlty

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    The World Cup break was such a bizarre period, put the squad through a couple of weeks worth of boot camp training schedules, then tapered it back for a bit and just did nothing whilst keeping an eye on Spain's progress in Qatar.

Had three friendlies to get some lactic acid back into the muscles prior to the return to competitive fixtures in January (strictly speaking we were back in action on Dec. 30). Took on Everton at home and then Inter and Sporting away, the latter two were both invites. Spain ended up a respectable third at the World Cup, beating Portugal in the bronze dead rubber. Croatia defeated Sweden in the final to put a coda on the events of 2018. Back-to-back finalists, and now world champions.

Back to business with a hard-fought 2-1 win away at Villarreal. Added bonus of seeing Barca slipping up against Sociedad (always lovely when your arch rivals do you a favour) which extended our lead at the top of the table to 6 points. Villarreal sacked manager Ramon Diaz afterwards, which I viewed as a small measure of revenge for their role in derailing our title bid last season.

Wary of Atleti perhaps muscling their way into the fight as they're a game in hand away from going level with Barca on points.

Then had the bizarre prospect of a January Champions League group stage game. Had Dynamo away and needed a win as we were facing the prospect of demotion to the Europa League. Thankfully they were easily beaten, and we had the added bonus of Marseille upsetting Liverpool which thrust us up into 1st, winning the group on head-to-head.

[​IMG]

After three seasons worth of tricky English first knockout round opponents (Chelsea, Spurs, United) I'm reasonably pleased with us drawing Benfica this time around. Things could be a lot worse.

[​IMG]

12. Mr. Fawlty

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    What the actual *.

[​IMG]

Seosamh Máirtín and LM67 like this.
  13. LM67

So unrealistic - no way is a footballer hoovering his own car . . .

Mr. Fawlty likes this.
  14. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Hoovering cars and coming out as gay.
    No issue with that, but sometimes you wonder what the point is?

Coming out as gay makes absolutely no difference to the game, next they'll have gossip articles relating to pogba hair styles or Beckham showing up as a new coach at man United with his own fashion design for training gear.

Point is, completely pointless details that actually don't effect the game

Hoovering the car though, kinda need to laugh at the randomness of it, but doesn't fit the injury, surely?

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Mr. Fawlty likes this.
  15. Mr. Fawlty

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    They only do the crazy stories relating to regens I think, avoiding any legal issues of linking real people to bad behavior. And they're obviously not going to have random real-life straight players coming out.

But yeah, torn knee ligaments from 'hoovering' in the car. I think he was doing something else in the car, and hoovering is just a cover story. Thankfully he was a fairly unimportant regen in my C-team, would hate for it to happen to somebody important.

Speaking of regens... this lad is the best steal I've come across in the game. Cost just the 1.8m from Las Palmas. Has already developed into our highest-rated midfielder, overtaking Merino, and still has a whole black star's worth of potential to go, so he must have a pretty mental PA value. Followed Denis Bergkamp's advice for all of his various traits.

[​IMG]

Already has 74 league appearances under his belt. Have taken care to get him solid development minutes despite his age, even back when he was 5th-choice I'd make a point of bringing him on in high profile games against tough opponents. Have him contracted thru 2026 with an automatic one-year extension clause on top of that, and the max 500m release clause to ward off interest.

Just had one of my B-team players tear ligaments. Was on a month-to-month 2k contract. Feel like a proper * after terminating it, no point hanging onto him as he's already mediocre and his stats will tank over the course of 10 months not playing/training.

Peej likes this.
  16. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I've only done a beta Celtic save so far, but noticing a few decent regens are showing up.
    But none look as good as that kid, yet.

Good point about the random stories relating to regens as well. Suppose a bit of that can make the game a little more interesting when you see absurd things like hoovering a car.

Reminds me of Phil O'Donnell

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Mr. Fawlty likes this.
  17. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Didn’t play last years FM at all but I’m slowly becoming addicted again with this one :giggle1:

Mr. Fawlty likes this.
  18. Mr. Fawlty

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    Talk about a sinking feeling. Managed to go 13 league games without conceding, equaling Atleti's record set back in the early 90s. Have a chance to break the record and put our name down forevermore in the history books... and we draw 1-1 with Getafe.

Hate that we're joint record holders but the league history page only shows whoever achieved the feat first.

19. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

Ive made it to the champions league final. lead 2-0 from the home leg, went down 3-0 at half time at Anfileld only to have a crazy comeback in the 2nd half to make it 3-3 and go through 5-3 on aggregate Screen Shot 2018-11-18 at 14.03.40.png

Mr. Fawlty likes this.
  20. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Someone should remind the huns of that!

Mr. Fawlty likes this.