1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Football Manager 2019

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by RabS, Oct 7, 2018.

Discuss Football Manager 2019 in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    If anybody needs a Boyata replacement. Look no further than this guy;

upload_2018-11-6_21-45-10.png

Cost £3 million from Copenhagen.

Mr. Fawlty likes this.
  2. Mr. Fawlty

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    Just managed to land Odriozola on loan from Real for two seasons. No monthly loan fee, just covering his £62k wages. Have a £38m buy clause which was the lowest I could negotiate. Seems a tad excessive for a right back given we've already got Lekue/Capa but it's all about marginal gains when you've got such a limited market, so if I can raise the funds I'll certainly be looking to buy him. The Sociedadification continues.

Will be loaning Capa out to Celta in the mean time. They're paying £210k p/m along with his £20k wages, so all in all our right back swap will net us a monthly profit of roughly £50k.

mickcfc91 likes this.
  3. LM67

Got a great result in Germany beating Leverkusen 2-1 in the first leg of our last 16 clash. Then won the home leg 1-0 to go through to the quarters.

Next up is Man City, who we beat in the last 16 last season

Mr. Fawlty likes this.
  4. LM67

Looks brilliant. I might sell Boyata in the summer window (start of season 3) as he’s nearly 30 but should still get a good fee. But probably need to buy a British player cos of Brexit

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  5. LM67

Rangers signed him in my game. Scored 15 for them so far this season

6. SeanyBhooy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    @mickcfc91 I think we have the same saves mate! signed the German guy on a free earlier and picked up Morilla too. My scouts gave me a report of Vavro but i was quoted £112M when I inquired. I got Markovic and Maras as my two CBS rotating with Ajer. Went a bit mental in Jan as you can see.

upload_2018-11-6_22-49-15.png

mickcfc91 likes this.
  7. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Sold Tierney to Liverpool for £50 million. Maybe would have got more if I held onto him, that was the first January window. Had to take it.

8. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    Ive also got Mctomnaly on loan, Gronli and Joveljic lol.

Just got Francisco Trincao from Braga B for a bargain £1.7 million. Looks an amazing winger at that price.

SeanyBhooy likes this.
  9. LM67

Fell behind twice at the Etihad but managed to come away with a 2-2 draw. Dominated at home but couldn’t get past Ederson from open play. Thankfully the ref gave us 3 penalties! Edouard missed the first, but sub Griffiths tucked away the other 2. He’s now scored 14 out of 14 penalties this season, meaning his last miss from the spot was in the dying minutes of the CL final last season when we were 2-1 down!

Been drawn against PSG in the semi but got home advantage in the second leg so hopefully still in with a chance after our trip to Paris.

The other semi sees last seasons winners and team to beat Atletico (they’ve convincingly put out Liverpool and Bayern in the last 2 rounds) face Monaco

Mr. Fawlty likes this.
  10. SeanyBhooy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Will start scouting him now for the summer window. Have you came across any good B2B midfielders? Been looking for a backup to Ntcham for a while now.

11. Mr. Fawlty

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    [​IMG]

This was such a banter game. They copped a red card early on so I was able to remove the shackles and go on the attack early. We then won a peno, but I wanted to see if there was anyone better than Raul Garcia to take it (been a while since I'd checked the order). There wasn't, so I just pressed 'ok' assuming the order wouldn't change, but somehow it defaulted to my goalkeeper to replace him and take the spot kick. Potential for * up but he coolly slotted it away, so instead it just looked like we were trolling Porto.

Bautista and Williams scored either side of the half to put the contest to bed, and late in the match Williams set up Bautista with a peach of a cross to make it 4-0.

[​IMG]

We've got a proper dog of a group, Leverkusen are probably the strongest pot 4 team we could have drawn and PSG are PSG. Porto, though, should provide a banker 6 points to get us going.

We've had a solid start to the league campaign, winning our opening three matches to the tune of a cumulative 11-1, but the opposition has been fairly dubious in the form of Gijon, Malaga and Espanyol. Our next two fixtures away to Villarreal and home to Real will be a better indication of where we're at.

[​IMG]

No room for cliques here, all 23 first teamers are pals. Must be all of those team bonding sessions doing the trick.

Try Dani Garcia perhaps? I've reverted him to BWM this season but played him B2B for the past two seasons. Really consistent player, averaged 7.15 across 31 La Liga appearances last season scoring 5 and assisting 5. He's really versatile and is well-suited for BWM, B2B, CAR, DLP or CM.

[​IMG]

He's got excellent mental attributes, solid physical attributes, and on the technical side of things he's a reasonably good passer and excels at the defensive side of things. Perhaps not the most attacking skill set for a typical B2B but provides a more conservative alternative.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
    mickcfc91 and SeanyBhooy like this.
  12. callumrae1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Beat 5-1 by Slavia Prague away from home in the CL qualifiers, after changing my tactics.
    Won the return leg 4-0, Mikey Johnston with the first and last goals to put me through.

13. LM67

I use Joshua Kitolano in that role and he does really well. Got about 5 goals and 5 assists from the 15 odd games he’s played in season 2, with only about 3 starts in there. He only cost me pennies too.

Good option if you want a young player to develop and learn from Ntcham.

I’m going to sell a couple of midfielders to get him more game time

14. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    upload_2018-11-7_19-24-10.png

thats him there.

upload_2018-11-7_19-25-10.png

What about Aleix Febas as a box to box. Got him joining on a free at the end of the season from Real Madrid B.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  15. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    upload_2018-11-7_19-34-58.png

Or Robert Mudrazija. Quite liked him in the beta.

16. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    upload_2018-11-7_19-52-38.png

Tyler Adams is another who could do the job long term. He also can play anywhere which is why I bought him (got him on a pre-contract but paid £1.5 million to get him early).

17. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    upload_2018-11-7_20-17-6.png

If you have a bit of wonga i'd 100% buy Mady Camara of Olympiakos cause he looks an absolute beast.

18. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    upload_2018-11-7_20-55-57.png

Theres another good box to box.

19. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    upload_2018-11-7_21-44-46.png
    upload_2018-11-7_21-45-19.png

The two new boys on unreal form. The centre back hits pens.

20. LM67

F5EF2EE5-AB91-4A8E-80F6-E8CCF05CCC98.png

Superb home win to reach our second CL final in a row!

This time we play Monaco who surprisingly beat Atletico.

Got a real chance this time. Just need to get my formation right and hope I don’t pick up any key injuries in the last few domestic games

mickcfc91 likes this.