1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Football Manager 2019

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by RabS, Oct 7, 2018.

Discuss Football Manager 2019 in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Something must be wrong/random, In my beta save his determination is only 5 - that's some increase for someone that surely they know heehaw about.

Sticking with my Beta save for the time being, enjoying the youth I have brought in and what I can do with them. But know I really should go back to start fresh.
    Just don't want to have to put up with the first transfer window with a guff budget and unable to offload anyone.

mickcfc91 likes this.
  2. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    upload_2018-11-3_11-44-26.png

Dundee rolling back the years.

3. M 67

Youth players have randomly generated attributes, always have. Can be a blessing but also a pain in the *!

Peej likes this.
  4. M 67

FYI - If anyone plays without budgets (like me), you now get the transfer funds in Sept as opposed to Dec. Didn't get a notification, which is *, but just giving y'all a heads up!

5. SeanyBhooy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Started a new save after the full release.

Boyata is for the off but I managed to get £6-£9m for him before he left on a free.

Transfers:

upload_2018-11-4_0-29-28.png

Almost failed to reach the UCL group stages after a 4-1 pumping away to Cluj but the away goal saw me through.

Got a decent group, aiming for 3rd spot min.

upload_2018-11-4_0-31-30.png

6. LM67

Finally got the message with the brexit rules, although doesn’t get implement til the end of the season (season 2). Got the one I expected with a limit of 17 foreign players and the £8k wage rule. For anyone who has came across, is Rogic classed as ‘british’ now as he has Scottish as one of his nationalities having been here for 5 years?

7. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

James McClean plays for Rangers and it’s all very awkward...

Mr. Fawlty likes this.
  8. LM67

My CL group proved to be very tight as predicted. Started with a 3-1 win against Porto at home, before losing 3-2 in Valencia. The double header against Juve brought 1-0 home wins for either side. Went to Porto knowing a win would put us through but was too attacking and got beaten badly, 5-2 - very similar to PSV in my first season. Pressure was on in the final group game against Valencia knowing it was a must win, and we did, 3-0.

That left us, Valencia and Juve all on 9 pts, and we ended up topping the group with Juve runners up (didn’t check but must have had the better GD as head to head was identical).

So 3 home wins and 3 away defeats - back to being the Celtic of the 00s! Need to improve that away form if I’m to get anywhere near the final again.

This time we got a more favourable draw in last16, being paired with Leverkusen and their vast pool of wonderkids.

Also won the first trophy of the season, beating Rangers 3-0 in the league cup final.

6 pts clear in the league with a game in hand but lost my unbeaten start at Pittodrie.

Used my 3-4-1-2 formation quite a lot against the smaller sides and its working well, scored 4/5 goals in almost every game. Interestingly Rogic has played in this formation once, as an AM(A), and bagged a hattrick! Maybe thats the formation/role to get the best out of him

Mr. Fawlty likes this.
  9. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    b

Marin is a bargain at that price. Really want Dani Olmo but he will be too pricey.

10. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    upload_2018-11-4_13-53-40.png

Decent back up centre back if anyboyd needs a cheap one.

11. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    upload_2018-11-4_15-32-27.png

Splashed the cash on a right back. Ideal for £4.5 million. Infact we should buy him in real life. Really like him anytime i've seen him for Dijon and also gets good ratings/reviews after games..

Mr. Fawlty likes this.
  12. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Gave Leo Mazis his debut, Rogic was injured and Nasri is hot and cold.

Didn't realise this kid is a munchkin
    Even after 18months in game and almost 20 in my save, the * is still tiny!

[​IMG]
    https://gyazo.com/5da049013df16c419f149619f1d2d4db

8 and a half stone, and barely 5foot2.

Mr. Fawlty and callumrae1967 like this.
  13. callumrae1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    That’s me sold Boyata for £33m and Ntcham for £60m.

In comes Rajkovic, McKenna and Ross Barkley:giggle1:

Mr. Fawlty and SeanyBhooy like this.
  14. SeanyBhooy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Wow big money!

I've * it with Ntcham, was negotiating a new 5yr deal with him and didn't notice his agent slipped a £18.5M release clause in. How long do you need to give it before offering a new deal? I'm currently mid November so worrying about Jan!

15. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

I made the exact same mistake, Lyon took him off me in the summer the *

16. SeanyBhooy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson

17. LM67

January window now shut. With Markovic coming in I decided to sell Jozo. He’d done well for me as 4th choice centre half but with the new brexit rules coming into force soon I need to get some foreign players off the books who are esentially back up players. He left for Villa for £4.1m. Only one other player was signed, Theo Robert, a 17 yr old keeper from Auxerre for £450k compensation. He looks ok but can hopefully kick on by being mentored by Horn.

Rejected some monster bids for my players, the biggest being a deal worth £63m from Atletico for Edouard. None of the key players are leaving.

So quietest window yet in terms of comings and goings, with the summer window bound to be the opposite when I have to reshape the squad due to the brexit rules

18. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    upload_2018-11-6_21-13-23.png

Got this belter on a pre-contract and on a back up on about £13k a week.

callumrae1967 likes this.
  19. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    upload_2018-11-6_21-17-55.png

Got this youngster from Gijon. Found him in Spains under 19s. Scouts love him. Cost me £2.8 million (release clause)

20. Mr. Fawlty

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    That moment when you find out Athletic have a similarly-named 4.5* potential Kepa double on the books.

[​IMG]

Athletic's keeper depth is ridiculous, between Remiro and Simon and Agirrezabala. I added to the mess by snapping up Osasuna's highly-rated Ivan Martinez as well. Next thing you know a 4.5 star regen keeper will pop up in my next youth intake.

Chelsea spent a fortnight incrementally increasing bids for Simon. Eventually got fed up with them not taking my £60m asking price hint so just went directly to Simon and told him he wouldn't get any game time there, an argument that won him round. So I could then safely just flat out reject their offer knowing I wouldn't have an unhappy player on my hands. Now lining him up for a 2024 + 1 yr option extension.

Next day: Chelsea put in a lowball offer for Remiro.

Wish I'd snapped up their offer for my previous third choice keeper Iago Herrein back in the first season. They bid around the £3m mark but I stupidly kept him around as a loan backup in the event I lost one of my main keepers. Ended up shifting him to Sporting Gjon this summer for a vastly inferior sum of £750k.