1. If you're not staying logged in, try deleting cookies for Talkceltic via your browser's settings.
    Dismiss Notice

Football Manager 2018

Discussion in 'Football Manager' started by DamianWayneCSC, Aug 16, 2017.

Discuss Football Manager 2018 in the Football Manager area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    upload_2018-1-13_13-24-29.png

* bastardo.

2. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    upload_2018-1-13_13-41-37.png

This boy is an enigma. I'd imagine his stats are random at the begin but he looks brilliant in terms of key stats but not sure what will ever come of this wee guy but look at his key stats for ball winning midfielder (support);

Marking - 10 (obviously low)
    Tackling - 13
    Aggression - 19
    Bravery - 20
    Determination - 19
    Positioning - 12
    Teamwork - 18
    Vision - 10 (obviously low)
    Work rate -20
    Acceleration - 14
    Stamania - 14
    Strength 13

So out of 12 stats with a possible 240 rating out of those stats he has 182.

If I look at Brown, Alaverez and Fellainis key stats;

Brown;

upload_2018-1-13_13-48-26.png
    Marking - 15
    Tackling - 16
    Aggression - 14
    Bravery - 18
    Determination - 18
    Positioning - 14
    Teamwork - 17
    Vision - 10
    Work rate -20
    Acceleration - 10
    Stamina - 15
    Strength 13

Total - 180

Alvarez;

upload_2018-1-13_13-48-52.png
    Marking - 15
    Tackling - 15
    Aggression - 14
    Bravery - 15
    Determination - 15
    Positioning - 14
    Teamwork - 16
    Vision - 14
    Work rate -16
    Acceleration - 11
    Stamania - 15
    Strength 13

Total - 173

Fellaini;

upload_2018-1-13_13-50-37.png
    Marking - 14
    Tackling - 15
    Aggression - 17
    Bravery - 17
    Determination - 15
    Positioning - 14
    Teamwork - 18
    Vision - 8
    Work rate -16
    Acceleration - 9
    Stamania - 18
    Strength 18

Total - 179

3. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    upload_2018-1-13_14-16-1.png

Got this guy for a hefty £10 million from Parlermo my scouts rated him as a potential of 4* which considering he is compared to Barco and Sinclair I thought give me some of that. I loan him out to Perugia for a season. He is labbled the next Roberto Baggio !!!(what more do you want)

4. Captain Beige Gold Member Gold Member

5. Captain Beige Gold Member Gold Member

Anyone checked the relationships tab at the Home section? Brown and Griff refused all season to tutor youngsters, and I had no idea why....both were adverse towards me :giggle1: Pair of wee dicks - so I've started to butter them up all the time and managed to get them down to "distant". Need to keep sooking up their arses!

Mr. Fawlty likes this.
  6. jamesybhoy1977

Sold both, if you wanna play the *, no testimonial for you either Baldy:56::56:

Both also moaned everytime i tried to get them to introduce newbies

Captain Beige likes this.
  7. jamesybhoy1977

He got injured for 5 months for me, then * Pavon broke his leg, 9 * months aaaah:31:

8. ScouseHoops Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace/The Huddle Song!
    Anyone played as Cliftonville/Derry City in the Irish Premier League before?

9. ScouseHoops Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace/The Huddle Song!
    I fancy a stab at non league this year either with Stockport OR York City OR Leamington Spa in the Conference North

10. ScouseHoops Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace/The Huddle Song!
    I signed Pavon on loan in FM14 as an IF, he and Correa from Athletico where amazing for me at Celtic. Pavon scored a last gasp stoppage time goal to beat the Hun 4-3 after being 1-3 behind and Correa scored the winner for me in the Scottish Cup.

James Murray likes this.
  11. dmccourt95

Finished my first season with Leverkusen which was pretty much a disaster. Defence being terrible was the clear reason why, I finished third highest scoring side but conceded the most. Picked up form before winter break then came back and lost 6 in a row so the sack was looming but Volland with back to back hat tricks saved the day. Finished the season strongly and ended up only 3 points off a europa league spot which was my objective and somehow got offered a new contract haha. Plus points are beat Dortmund and drew away keeping 2 of my 4 clean sheets all season, signed Goretzka on a pre contract which I'm delighted with and also have Rajkovic coming in to be the long term successor to Leno who was terrible.

Mr. Fawlty and LM67 like this.
  12. LM67

First transfer window with West Ham saw me do what I set out to and strengthen the spine of the team:

Ins:

Kasper Dolberg - Ajax - £21m
    Arthur - Gremio - £18m
    Domagoj Vida - Dynamo Kiev - £4.5m
    Lucas Lima - Santos - £3.6m

Outs:

Diafra Sakho - Brighton - £11.5m

Superb start to the league winning 4 and drawing 1 before I ran into a run of 5 consecutive games against some of the big boys. Lost 4-3 away to utd then 4-2 away to Arsenal and started to fear the worst but drew 1-1 at home to city, 3-3 away to Chelsea after being 3-0 down at halftime then 2-2 at home to spurs where we were 2-0 up with 5 to go - big vic wanyama grabbed the 92nd min equaliser.

Done pretty well since, only losing at Anfield. Played 16 and 4th on 30 pts, level with 4 other teams. Utd running away with it on 42 pts.

Into quarters of the league cup where we play Brentford.

Top scorers:

Antonio - 10
    Dolberg - 9
    Carroll - 8

Most assists:

Antonio - 7
    Lanzini and Carroll - 5

Those 4 have been the key men. Defence hasn’t been great. Antonio has been immense. Great player

Mr. Fawlty likes this.
  13. Mr. Fawlty

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    Fourth time's a charm.

[​IMG]

It's like we've suddenly flicked a switch, from being not quite good enough to being far too good for the rest of the league. The new signings obviously helped, moreso Laporte than anyone else. Though, there are some mitigating factors behind the gap being big. Bayern's season was crippled by Coutinho being... crippled. He first broke his ankle and then his foot, ultimately missing out 6- 7 months and only making 11 league apps. Probably cost Simeone his job in the end, Antonio Conte left a table-topping Juve to take the job.

We went on an incredible run of 25 consecutive wins in all comps, eventually slipping up with a draw and going on to 31 games undefeated before a CL loss ended the run. Losing 2 of our last 3 league fixtures has brought us down to earth a bit, at one stage we had a chance to break Bayern's 91 points record. Though we did end the season on a high by winning the Pokal final against BVB to wrap up a domestic double.

Europe was another successful but frustrating run to the semi finals, our third in a row now. We breezed through our group and took all 18 points, smashed Besiktas 7-0, got the better of Bayern in the quarters but then ran into a dominant PSG outfit. We managed a superb 3-2 win away in the first leg, and looked on course for the final for most of the second leg, being up on away goals after conceding once, but they struck the hammer blow in about the 89th minute and we couldn't muster a response. They'll face Monaco in an all-French Cardiff soiree. One the one hand we keep getting to the semis, which is an indication of our quality, yet we keep not getting to the final. Hopefully something we'll change next season.

BVB seem to be doing better under Frings, they were really consistent over the first half of the season. Though CL football next season may test their depth, and they've lost so many of their best players over the course of the save. De Boer's Leverkusen have gone backwards. Hoffenheim are no longer a force, they sacked Schuster and have opted for Marcelino. Nagelsman is currently out of work after getting sacked by Sevilla, he probably regrets leaving.

Ralf Fahrmann has frustratingly suffered damaged cruciate ligaments in training after a challenge. Not often an injury you see keepers picking up. Normally I'd do a cheaty reload but as he's 32 and I've got a killer 17 y/o regen coming through the academy, I think I'm going to use the opportunity as a chance to introduce him to the first team. I won't ditch Fahrmann as he's still got plenty to offer, but will make him fight it out for the #1 jersey next season.

Awards, dominated by assistmeister Embolo.

[​IMG]

Stat lines.

[​IMG]

Dembele did well enough though his numbers were hampered by me wanting to give enough minutes to Pridham. Brandt did really well. Konoplyanka made the most of his limited minutes, wanted to loan Maxi Philipp out but couldn't find any takers so Konoply had to take a bit of a back seat.

I'll now be having a bit of a break to try out a Chris Wood/Barca experiment. Haven't altered any of his attributes or his ability, that would sort of defeat the point of it all. Have also brought across Winston Reid to be a backup centre half and insure against any homesickness for Woodsy. Also put the Coutinho deal through a bit early.

Was going to send Luis Suarez to Burnley in return for pinching Wood but I ended up transferring him to Everton instead, as I thought it would be funnier. I have given Burnley Vermaelen.

In the market I'll aim to sign the likes of Yerry Mina, Arthur and De Ligt.

LM67 likes this.
  14. LM67

Wasn’t expecting a busy January but it turned out to be just that:

Ins:

Geronimo Rulli - Real Sociedad - £10m
    Manuel Akanji - Basel - £12.5m
    Dominik Livakovic - Dinamo - £5m
    Carlos Gruezo - FC Dallas - £5m (good Brown successor for those playing as Celtic)

Outs:

Angelo Ogbonna - Jiangsu - £18.5m
    Jose Fonte - Jiangsu - £1.9m
    Adrian - Zenit - £7m
    Joe Hart - Loan terminated

Freshened up my aging backline so hopefully will stop conceding ao many.

Still 4th in the league after 24 games but its extremely tight at the top and got that nightmare run coming up so not expecting so stay there.

Into the league cup final (play Chelsea) and FA Cup last 16 without playing a single EPL side yet - lucky draws!

Mr. Fawlty likes this.
  15. Vinnie BBQ We're Brewin' Gold Member

Ha!! Inferior opponent.

[​IMG]

At least André Flammersheim from espn predicted a Celtic win.

[​IMG]

Mr. Fawlty likes this.
  16. dmccourt95

Screen Shot 2018-01-15 at 19.25.43.png What a difference a year makes from one match away from the sack to top of the league at Christmas

Mr. Fawlty likes this.
  17. Highland_Bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ever Henrik Larsson, now Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Tried a Liverpool save and it just wasn't going to plan so i left that and went all home nations with different tactics for most. Took the tactics of FMbase(bit of a cheat) until i can see what works and what doesn't. Done that on the last FM until i got a good feel for it.

These are how things have gone so far. Got 3 out of 5 to the world cup. I don't do the friendlies i just leave that to my assistants.

SCOTLAND...

Formation 4-2-3-1

Qualified for the World cup after finishing 2nd in the group and beating Ukraine in the playoffs.

Got a tough world cup group of Australia, France & Argentina.

Won 5 competitive games and lost 1. Lost 4 friendlies.

Notable results... Scotland 4-0 Slovakia

ENGLAND...

Formation 4-2-3-1

Qualified easily top of the group.

Got a world cup group of Costa Rica, South Africa & Wales.

Won 4/4 competitive games / Won 5 friendlies and drew 1.

WALES...

Formation 5-3-2

Qualified for the World cup after finishing 2nd and beating Holland in the playoffs.

World cup group of England, South Africa & Costa Rica.

Won 3, drawn 1 & Lost 2 competitive games. Won 4 friendlies.

Notable results...

Wales 5-2 Holland

NORTHERN IRELAND...

Formation 4-4-2

Failed to qualify after losing to Italy in the playoffs.

Won 2, lost 1 and drew 3 competitive games. Won 1, drew 1 & lost 1 friendlies.

Notable results... Germany 1-1 N Ireland / Italy 1-1 N Ireland / Norway 0-2 N Ireland

REP OF IRELAND...

Formation 4-4-2

Failed to qualify after winning all 4 of remaining qualifiers but still didn't qualify. Unlucky in the end.

Won 4 competitive games. Lost 1 and won 1 friendly.

Notable results... Ireland 5-3 Wales.

Mr. Fawlty likes this.
  18. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    [​IMG]
    Beat Bayern 2-0 then my save crashed straight after, was raging as I thought I would get pumped in a replay.

Well....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Vinnie BBQ likes this.
  19. ScouseHoops Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace/The Huddle Song!
    Anyone doing a League of Ireland / 6 counties save?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  20. LM67

Remainder of my West Ham save was pretty crazy.

5 games on the spin against the big guns in the league seen me win 4 in a row (arsenal, utd and chelsea at home and city away), only losing to spurs at wembly.

However, sandwiched in there was the league cup final against chelsea which we lost 3-1 in extra time.

League cup = runner up

Good league form continued and Utd hit a slump. With 6 games to go we were level on points and I had a slightly better goal diff and easier run in. Was going well til we lost 3-0 at stoke. Also drew at home to WBA. They won every game and finished 5 pts in front.

League = runner up

Good cup form continued and beat Arsenal 3-2 in the semi. City won the other all manchester tie.

In a cracking final we were 3-2 up with 2 mins to play and hit the post. City went straight up the park and scored an equaliser. A minute later and they got a winner.

FA Cup = runner up

Can’t come much closer to a treble - to end up with nothing is crazy!

Top scorers:

Dolberg - 20
    Antonio and Carroll - 19
    Lanzini - 14

Assists:

Lanzini - 17
    Antonio - 16
    Ayew - 15

Some incredible numbers from Lanzini and Antonio. Lanzini won PFA player of the year despite me playing him on the left as an inside forward rather than CAM.

Nothing of interest on the jobs market at the moment so will continue with West Ham and see how we can do in the Champions League.

Squad review:

Gk - rulli, lavakovic - no changes

Rb - zabaleta, byram - pablo is getting on a bit, will try and sell him and bring in a world class replacement

Cb - akanji, vida, reid, oxford, rice - will try and sell reid and bring in a top class partner for akanji. The youngsters will get more games next year with us having to juggle european games too

Lb - cresswell, masuaku - no changes

Dm/cm - arthur, lima, obiang, kouyate, noble, gruezo - noble wants a new challenge so will try and sell him and bring in top centre mid

Rw - antonio, arnoutavic - arnoutavic is on a lot of cash and is 4th choice winger. Will look to sell and bring in a younger player

Lw - lanzini, ayew - no changes

St - dolberg, carroll, chicharito - chicharito is effectively third choice, 29, valued at £34m and on £140k a week. Makes sense to sell him and bring in someone younger

Got £42m budget and with those potential sales I could increase that massively to get in 4 or 5 quality players.