1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Florida

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by M 67, Jan 6, 2017.

Discuss Florida in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. M 67

Alright troops.

Looking to go to Florida this summer but have a few q's that hopefully someone can help with???:

1. Is June or July better/ cheaper?
    2. For a couple, is a hotel better?
    3. If 4 were to go, is a villa better?
    4. Which websites are best for hotels and villas?
    5. Any airports better than others?
    6. Where's best for theme park tickets?

Quite a few questions but hopefully some of you guys will have a bit of knowledge and be able to help out :celt_2:

2. Dhan

I went about 12 years ago .....so am sure a lot has changed .....be prepared to have a few quid I spent about 7k all in ,me mrs and 2 kids
    defo hire a car I would say
    I think if you have any criminal convictions now even petty * like a breach of the peace you need to declare and possibly have an interview I think in Belfast if you have convictions they don't like and get a visa

M 67 likes this.
  3. Dhan

http://hub.unlock.org.uk/knowledgebase/travelling-america-usa/

4. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

I'd love to go back and see some places away from the parks,kind of regret not going to the beach as well.Florida is one of the better places to visit over there though,beautiful place.It's slightly depressing when you get home tbh.

Edit: * Harry Potter and all that...the 'JAWS' ride is the ultimate.

M 67 likes this.
  5. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Unlimited amount of stuff to do really.

Get a villa if you can, far better base to work from. Food and drink is still dirt cheap despite getting slightly worse in recent years.

There's websites you can buy packages for the park tickets. Few years ago we fly manned it from the booths with dodgy tickets and managed to get in but isn't worth it IMO for the sake of saving a few quid.

Always get queue jump as well, well worth the money.

M 67 likes this.
  6. M 67

Cheers folks.

Found a villa on Direct Villas @ £450 per week, flights on skyscanner coming in at £412pp....is that decent? Start of June.

Last time me and my mates went and we just bought day passes from the wee daft shops on international drive...can you still do that?

Also, for a couple is a hotel defo the best way? If so, any recommendations?

7. Haywood Jablomi

Pm me if you want to know anything, been around 80 times, going back down in feb if you want me to check out a villa or anything.

8. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Lucky Leprachaun for any Celtic games while you're there.

Best Parks are Universal and Islands of Adventure, the Disney parks are quite dated and * sweltering when queuing.

If the Ponderosa is still there you have to try their steak.

9. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    Weird switching on the news after just reading through this thread.

10. The Golden God I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds Gold Member

Def go to Busch Gardens, only 45 mins drive away and its quality. Cheap aswell I got an unlimited year pass for 99 dollars. Booze and food is cheap, you def need a car aswell. Also if you don't already have it then get the Uber app, it's much cheaper than normal taxis. The other airport Sanford is like an hour away but it was much cheaper to fly to (209 quid direct from Glasgow for me). Finally, just to brag, I got free entry to Disney the whole time I was there :D

11. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    That's a very good price. See if you can get to the doctors before and complain of bad back and legs etc. Accept pain killers etc. Even if you don't take them. Then week before you go get the doctor to do you a letter.
    Going into universal over to the left, there is an office. You que there and get a fast pass with your doctor letter. For free. Otherwise at this time it is * hot and you could que for at least 2 hours for rides like transformers or terminator. Jaws ride is shut.

M 67 likes this.
  12. Finn Balor

Definitely check out Epcot while youre there, the place is out of this world!

We done all the Disney parks last year and it was excellent, going back this summer to do Universal.

13. Dallas Cowbhoys

Go to Gatorworld

14. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Didnt they remove that for the Harry Potter extension :56:

I'd choose a villa. Can't beat your own pool etc.

I want to go again but I'll wait until the exchange rate improves. Last time I cost around 7k for the both of us. We did live large though :56: entire new suitcase of stuff but at current rates there's no point getting stuff available here.

My favourite holiday destination ever (except thailand if I was single :56: )

15. Henke102

Would get a villa and be ready for a fair bit of driving. I found most restaurants in Florida were generally average so we just went to the supermarket (Publix or wal-mart) and stocked up whenever we had to. It is pleasant being able to drink a few beers at the villa by the swimming pool (think most have them).

Also make sure the sat nav is set up for highways or such like, I done shortest route and it takes you through some dodgy areas off the I8 motorway.

16. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

The * * closed the Jaws ride down for good!

Don't go to Universal * that place.

Epcot Centre is better.You need to try a meal from the Aztec Temple if you do visit.

Applebee's is my favourite food chain out there though,better than all that McDonalds *..it's excellent,always good service too.

17. Mr. Slippyfist

Stay away from the airport......

18. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

RIP to one of the greatest attractions ever,for one of the greatest movies ever.

19. M 67

Seriously? If that's true then * quality!

20. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Yeah mate. My wife suffers from arthritis and finds it difficult to stand still too long. Worked out perfect.