1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Film Club Week 1 - Hero

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by Saul Goodman, Nov 26, 2018.

Discuss Film Club Week 1 - Hero in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Are you mock offended at yourself?

2. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I’ve only just finished watching it - I can’t really add anything to what’s already been said tbh but I will echo the thoughts regarding cinematography.

Kind of film I think I would need to read up on and watch again to fully appreciate, but having said that I really enjoyed it, and I haven’t watched many martial arts films at all. I’d give it a 7/10.

obafgkmlt likes this.
  3. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

Right here’s my attempt at trying to wrap my head around this movie.

I first watched this when it came out and had forgotten everything about it. What Was apparent was I didn’t understand it originally but after watching again I was able to piece it together. I sat down last night and realised it was an exquisite movie not just about fighting but more a man telling his story though visually stunning scenes with a strong emphasis on the young mans dilouge with the king.

Every scene has a specific colour pattern to indicate the story being told.

The fight scenes are more than that, they are arepresentation of the calligraphy. Each move meant to represent the stroke of a brush. More poetry of the body than a battle.

The moral the story being told was one of nationhood. Sacrifice for the greater good.
    If one war can be avoided to save 10,000 people then his soul was worth it. I belive that was hisintent

Whoever recommended this well done. Glad I got to rewatch it.

Solid 8/10 for me

I could go on a bit but want to hear other people’s thoughts to see if that’s what they got from it too.

4. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    I recommended and agree with ur view on it tbf in the sense that he gave his life and allowed man to other life's to be ended for the greater good of the nation even though Qin was seen as evil by many his overal plan to unite china would bring peace, if killed it could of ended up worse, or not, who knows.

Find out next week in Hero 2

Idioteque likes this.