1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Filip Benković

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Henrik 07, Aug 31, 2018.

Discuss Filip Benković in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. rkid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    With all due respect a 21 year old loanee is the last thing we need at centre half. No matter how good he is, experience and leadership at the centre of defence is what we need.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  2. MartinoBianco

I disagree. Leadership and experience at the back is of course something we need. We can sort out in January. This is a great signing. This is a fantastic signing.

He will be a mainstay of the team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jj81 and rkid like this.
  3. rkid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Wouldn't be hard to be a mainstay in our defence :giggle1:

I don't doubt he'll be a good player and probably our best defender (again not hard) but the fact that the answer to our defensive woes in Congerton & Rodgers' eyes is a 21 year old on loan from * Leicester isn't good enough but as far as I'm concerned.

4. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

If Leicester thought he was good and worth £13 million there must be something there. They found Mahrez, Vardy to name a few.

5. MartinoBianco

Yeah but look at the picture without him

6. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Why does a team spend 13 million on a player then loan him out for a season ?

7. MartinoBianco

Because they consider him one for the future.

We consider him one for the now
    He’s youngchops

8. rkid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    He's a step up yes but we can't get away from the fact that our only improvements in defence this season is an ex player in Izaguirre and someone on a 12 month loan. No matter how you look at it, it isn't good enough. This time next year Boyata and this guy will be away, it's nothing more than papering over very very significant cracks

9. MartinoBianco

Can’t argue with that and we do need to focus on the defence my only point is that with this player the situation looks a whole lot rosier

rkid likes this.
  10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NEW Bhoy Filip Benkovic couldn’t hide his excitement at the prospect of playing in front of the passionate Celtic support after being blown away by his first taste of Paradise. The highly-rated Croatian Under-21 internationalist flew up from England to Glasgow on Thursday night to complete a season-long loan move from Leicester City.

And he arrived in time to take in part of Celtic’s dominant 3-0 victory over Suduva which sealed the Scottish champions’ spot in the UEFA Europa League group stages.

Speaking exclusively to the official Celtic website, he said: “I was at the game and I can only say that the crowd were unbelievable. The fans were amazing and so passionate and they lived with the players for the whole game. I really liked what I saw and I can’t wait to play in front of them.

“I will promise that I will do my best in every game and every training session. I know I can improve in my game as I want to reach as highest level as possible so I will give all my blood to this club. This is all can promise.

“I’m very happy to be here. This has happened so fast, but I’m delighted that it finished here as this is a very big club with a big history.”

Benkovic will have a familiar face in the Celtic dressing room in the form of compatriot, Jozo Simunovic, who he knows from their time together at Dinamo Zagreb.

And he’s looking forward to linking up with Simunovic and his new team-mates to help Brendan Rodgers’ side maintain their domestic dominance and enjoy a successful Europa League campaign.

“I know Jozo as he also played at Dinamo Zagreb and he’s a very good guy and a good player,” said Benkovic. “I’m good friends with him. We haven’t spoken yet as this happened so quickly in one day, but we’ll have time at training to speak and he’ll tell more about the situation here. I can’t wait.

“This club have such a big history and Celtic are only interested in winning and collecting trophies. I am a person and player who only wants to win and improve every day. Our goal this season is to win every trophy and do well in Europe which I think we can do.

“I believe the team share these ambitions and, with this crowd and this passion, I believe we can do big things.”

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

12. wulliebad

because 13 million to them is chicken feed.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  13. Goggzy60

Has his number been revealed yet

14. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

:fear:

15. Goggzy60

Haha just checked he's been giving 32 I would have gave him 2 myself like

16. barry1916

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    They most likely see him as Harry Maguires replacement next season as Harry looked like he was on the move to Utd this summer

17. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    he will probably be decent and then when he leaves at the end of the season his value will have went up to 20m and Leicester will sell him on, loan signings are the worst....

18. TheHappyLoss

Hope he's not a big shitebag like Jozo

19. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Jozo's never been a shitebag, just reckless. I don't expect Filip to be scared of Lafferty and Naismith. Can't promise he won't get a red card, though.

Tommy25 likes this.
  20. jj81

If yer good enough yer old enough , hope he is good as I've never seen the chap play.