1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Cross Platform] FIFA 18

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by Moustache, Jun 5, 2017.

Discuss FIFA 18 in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ThatBhoyLarsson

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King of Kings, At the moment Scott Brown, Lustig or Matthews.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of athenry, YNWA,
    I play career mode won the league with Newcastle on Legendary signed Tuanzebe, Sessengnon, Tousart, Barella, Kluivert and Dembelle though.

Lads whats the craic with squad battles haven't played all week but played today and completed the first four matches and am unable to refresh I used to be able to refresh them if I started later in the week?

2. Norm Peterson

That should get you a permanent ban on here, playing for those *!

ThatBhoyLarsson and Jordann like this.
  3. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

Play 4 games a day refreshes every day

4. ThatBhoyLarsson

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of athenry, YNWA,
    I used to be able to complete the matches whenever once the week didn't pass. Like complete the first four then refresh even if it was like a saturday.

5. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

Sat and sun it refreshes twice i think

ThatBhoyLarsson likes this.
  6. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Finished wl in silver 1 so many teams had all legends or toty unreal

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

7. ThatBhoyLarsson

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of athenry, YNWA,
    Squad battles is a load of ballox this week for me haven't got any rewards...

8. M.E.T.H.O.D MAN Straight from the slums of Shaolin

Weekend league can suck my balls, I went 8-2 yesterday and then 4-9 today.

Will probably go for 18 but getting sick of it

9. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Finished with 22 wins (gold 2) for weekend league. Never doing it again.
    Only the second time I have done it but it isn’t even enjoyable imo with the amount of games you have to play.

Easily could have got elite 3 or 2 this time. It was unbelievable the amount of leads I threw away. Not just one goal leads either, a lot of two or three goal leads. Lost and won a few games in extra time/pens.
    Raging I didn’t at the very least get gold 1.

Does anyone else concede a ridiculous amount of goals from kick offs this year?

10. M.E.T.H.O.D MAN Straight from the slums of Shaolin

Yeah the kick off is the most poorly programmed part of any game I’ve ever played. The fact that we’re this far in and no patches for it have happened amaze me. Wouldn’t be surprised if they patch it right before the first regional event though *.

Got to 18 and then switched to a mad team with all my special cards and went until I got gold 2. Don’t know why as the rewards for gold 3 were always better than gold 2 for me.

Came up against some amount of loan ronaldinhos and lost at least 3 games because of him.

11. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Glad that it’s not just me that thinks that about kick offs!

I came up against some insane teams this time around. I’m not convinced the opponents were better than me but it’s because there players stats are better all. It’s hard to keep possession when they have got icons and players like TOTY Kante who will just automatically intercept nearly every pass.

I came up against a lot of Ronaldinho’s as well. Also came up against Henry which was a handful but I won that game in the end.
    Got torn apart by Bergkamp as well in another game.

Came up against Van Basten who apart from his shooting I didn’t think was anything special. My defenders were easily able to outpace him. He still scored 2 against me but I would rather come up against him in all honestly rather than Jesus, Salah, Martial etc. Van Basten may be more clinical but as long as you don’t give him time he is easily stoppable as he can’t run in behind.

M.E.T.H.O.D MAN likes this.
  12. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I'm the exact same, I despise kick off after I score, you play a team full of legends or toty and it's hard regardless, but you play better than them get a goal then ronaldinho runs past your full team and you can't do anything.

I lose so many games from a winning position and extra time/ penalties, I'm beginning to think I must be * at defending.

13. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Defending isn’t the easiest but I can defend very well on normal online seasons (division 1) and playing legendary squad battles. I am also in division 1 in UT now but I didn’t think i was going to manage this year.

Ultimate team is harder to defend for some reason. I have a good team so it’s not because of a poor defence.

After playing the 40 games of weekend league I find it amazing how much much my players performances levels differ from game to game, it’s nothing to do with the opponent some games the basics like controlling and passing the ball seem harder and their reactions to things are slower. Creating a chance can seem like a mission.

Kick offs are ridiculously overpowered. I also think momentum is a huge feature in the game this year because if I am two or three goals up the opponent quite often seems to all of a sudden grow into the game when they get a goal even if I have completely dominated the game prior to that. I have played fifa online since fifa 11 and I have never gave away so many leads than I have this year. It’s mainly giving away leads but I have also came back to win games that I should have had no chance in. Getting a goal back really seems to swing things imo.

Is it a ps4 you have?

14. M 67

Kick off glitch has been around for donkeys, don’t think it’s any different this year.

Just wish they’d show that * momentum bar that they decided to hide a few years back!

15. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

I don’t remember struggling to defend from kick offs prior to this year. Not saying I didn’t concede from kick offs in previous games but this year is beyond ridiculous.

It’s getting to the stage where I actually dread scoring because I have strong feeling the opponent is going to go right up the pitch and score. :giggle1:

16. M 67

It’s defo always been there man (at least for the last few years), same with the 45/ 90 min bullshit. Some Canadian bawbag has obviously looked at the stats from real games re: when teams concede the most and buffed the game to suit. Heavy annoying!

Not noticed an increase this year tbh but wouldn’t surprise me.

One thing that’s 100x worse this year is the help it gives to the shiter player. Can usually pump noobs with amazing teams but they score with their only shots whereas I have 20+ and couldn’t hit a cow in the * wae a stick!

Dunno why I bother tbh but it is addictive as * :giggle1:

_DannyBhoy_ likes this.
  17. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I play Xbox one.

Yeah I've won 1st division on normal seasons but when you play fut especially the wl it is so different.

I hate that the majority players who are *, if they have legends etc they're nearly unbeatable because they can shoot from pretty much anywhere around the box and it will go in.

I just seen Fifa have maybe fixed the kick off glitch?

_DannyBhoy_ likes this.
  18. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

19. M.E.T.H.O.D MAN Straight from the slums of Shaolin

Yeah I have him

20. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Worth the coins?

Going to stick with a Serie A team and he looks tasty.