1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Cross Platform] FIFA 18

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by Moustache, Jun 5, 2017.

Discuss FIFA 18 in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    It isn't time for a new Fifa without a good old moan about the demo stats:56:

Finalised ones will be different.

2. muffitO'tea

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    The demo is doing my * in. Every game I can play well then they score from far out, I equalise then 2nd half can't string a pass together and lose 4-1.

3. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
  4. Bonobhoy

just looks like the same game yet again....with a few more moves thrown in.

Online: everyone goes Barca or real madrid: Check
    Ronaldo and messi overpowered,scoring impossible goals: Check
    Coin system raking it in: Check
    Any team lower than 4 stars gets * over in stats: check
    Premiership teams that are *, added stadiums ,yet still nothing of Paradise: check

giving it a miss this year for the first time ever..till they get there * sorted out and stop making it a * cash cart game.

Matt_20, Nasser and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  5. The Greenman King of kings

Determined not to buy it but I'll probably end up giving in. Actual hate fifa so much but it just gets you hooked so easily.

6. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Don't go 5 star teams and you won't meet Barcelona or Real Madrid. Simples. Plus hardly anyone uses Ronaldo and Messi on ultimate team so there's plenty of overpowered players.

7. paulo123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    When is the demo out?

8. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Had Messi 3 years in a row until this year, and it is basically cheating he is unplayable on UT.

9. CalgaryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tha Thumb
    Tbh, the new career mode actually looks quite good. They've finally invested some effort into an area of the game where many have cried out for improvement.

The nee transfer system actually looks amazing in my opinion. I only ever player career mode, so this is good news for me.

10. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Dembele has a release clause of $57.7milll - well they got that one massively wrong it would seem. And Munir on $105k a week? Very doubt it.

I like the look of the cut scenes for negotiations, nice touch - though it is just an animation over the top of what looks like is in essence the same thing - you bargain over a role, a wage and a length of contract. Instead of in text, you get pre-made animations. Nice touch though to make you more involved.

What I want to know, have they fixed the * awful transfer search/finding players if you are a smaller club? Near impossible - or just down right frustrating - when you are Celtic trying to find a certain player/type of player and you just get hit with * no marks.

As for UT, loved it when it first came out - actually bought it as a founder, but after the 3rd season they realised just how much of a cash cow that mode is, and they have ran with it to the hills. Game is weak as * elsewhere (career mode getting some decent attention, but nowhere near good enough when you want to just do a single player campaign with a club) and the whole thing is geared towards getting you in to UT and spending yet more money.
    Getting sick of games that are heavily going down this route.Very few games you buy now, you actually get the * full game for at the time.
    I can get my head around good expansive DLC that adds whole new levels/missions/story above and beyond the original game - GTAIV DLC for talking sake - but the microtransaction world, after paying top dollar for a meant to be top end product is poor show. That * belongs in the bargain basement games/free to play games.

11. CalgaryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tha Thumb
    The values and wages still need work, but its tough to do these days with the money going around and the fact that most wages aren't released. I'm content with what they've done for now.

Peej likes this.
  12. Vic Vega

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul Lambert
    I think the new transfer animation will be good to start with then it will end up being annoying.

Every time you are bidding for a player it goes to the cut scene, every time you're negotiating a contract you need to sit through the cut scene. Sitting through that 10+ times each transfer window will get tedious imo.

Bumblebee and Peej like this.
  13. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Anyone got any info on what you get if you play the game 5 days in a row before 04/09/17? And also what you need to do? As in actually play a game, or just log on?

14. Vic Vega

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul Lambert
    Captain Brown likes this.
  15. Bumblebee

Looked new and cool at first but if that is all the innovations they have for manager mode then I'm seriously disappointed.

The menus look the exact same, training same old pish, should be able to train everyone IMO. Fifa 07 had a cracking menu that made the League Table the centre point and scrolling news a long the bottom if I remember correctly, then when you were playing a cup game or champions league game it would change to your group table or knockout stages etc.

16. Vic Vega

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul Lambert
    Definitely.

If they've not updated the career mode then I won't be buying it. It's the only mode I play.

I agree with the training, having 5 spaces is pish. Being able to train as many as you want would be much better. Also youth players gaining attributes for playing well in games would be good, instead of only improving through the training.

An U23/development league would be a good idea I think. Where youth players can play games and improve there as well as through training.

Bumblebee likes this.
  17. m8ybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail the Celts are here
    Had pro clubs Beta. Played it twice, was utter pish. And I play pro clubs every year. It's true, the main emphasis is always on UT. Pure greed really.

18. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Any new things added?

I play Pro Clubs regularly.

19. m8ybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail the Celts are here
    The attribute system changed mate. That's all I remember from my 2 plays on it. It's like a branch system of attributes now. The gameplay was slow, tackling was impossible, it really was terrible. I'm sure the finished article won't be the same (hopefully).

20. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

I hate how much they've slowed down FIFA in recent years. A sprint looks like a casual jog.