1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Cross Platform] FIFA 14

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by DannybhoyCFC, Apr 17, 2013.

Discuss FIFA 14 in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. TheHolyGoalie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Good review mate.

2. Sonny7

Its £60 off Playstation Store... * that robbing *.

3. Sonny7

Excellent review Gaz:50:

Yeh if the play on advantage has been fixed that will be great. Nothing worse when your breaking forward and people just snap your player the ref stops play immediately and awards the freekick even if the ball goes to another one of your players and the advantage would be better to play on. Fair enough if it's a red card but if It's just to award a yellow then let play continue and get the player when it stops.

Co-op seasons an excellent addition. Should of been done before now. But the 5 minute rule being scraped is stupid. How you meant to play a match if the lag * *. That five minutes gave you time to decide.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2013
  4. Andybhoy91

Does anyone know how much fifa points will cost on the xbox this year?

5. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    I see the greatest player on earth is on the cover, Gareth Bale.

6. JasonMcG1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    kieran tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Must look like a right creep standin in is bus stop . Been here 10 min waitin on ma fifa getin dropped off

7. Dallas Cowbhoys

The general gameplay feels a little slower right at the start but then you don't notice it.

Everything seems to have improved.

The major thing is the pace. Even with Bale, I couldn't just sprint with it and leave defenders for dead.

8. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Absolute * garbage as usual. Same game as usual, and the ridiculous updates could just get implemented in a patch instead of a new game - as usual.

I still bought the gargabe though.. Always fun to play with mates.

Only great thing that i found so far (best updates in many years) is that the finishing has MUCH more variation now.

9. MartinR

think im the only man on the planet who dislikes fifa, after 12 i got so bored of it, will play this with my mates and make a judgement but cant see me being swayed on it.

10. GazF1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonathan Gould
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Bella Ciao
    I really don't know what some people expect, some just moan for the sake of it each year. There was never going to be a huge change since they've been focusing on Next-Gen, but there are still more than enough improvements.

How can it be the exact same game if one of the most important aspects of the game has improved in your opinion? Buying a game you think is garbage doesn't make much sense either.

11. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    The thing is that those updates could get patched instead of released as a new game mate. Same goes for the new fancy GUI. Stikl enjoying it and i knew that EA would do the same this year, but i still bought it :50: You need to critisize companys who take 50 quid for some updates worth 500-800mb.

12. TheHolyGoalie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    First time in years I haven't bought this on release day :54:

Hurry up PS4!

13. Sonny7

Cant wait to get this the day:icon_mrgreen: Going into a career mode into the EPL way Celtic straight away. Only downer is again they have left out Player Manager mode which a find extremely weird. No idea why they stopped that but it was stupid

14. GazF1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonathan Gould
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Bella Ciao
    I would say there were more changes with FIFA each year than there is with the likes of COD mate (IMO the best gameplay is still the original Modern Warfare from 6 years ago). An 800mb update would never be enough to warrant even one significant change in the gameplay, the dynamic of the game has changed a lot since pace is far less effective. Do you think they're going to sell the game for £20 because there isn't a big enough change to what some people would have liked? They'll still shift millions of copies at £40-£50 every year regardless. I'm happy paying the £40 for the roster update alone TBH, I can't stand playing with out of date squads.

As I said though, the next-gen version is the focus and the PS3 & 360 versions are very much secondary, but this is still the best football game to date by a big margin for me.

I just can't play the CPU man, find it boring as * in any football game now. Struggle to get motivated. :smiley-laughing002: I'v never even tried Career Mode.

15. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Agree, but that is because COD is up there with the biggest rip-offs in gaming history, used the same GFX engine for the past 3-4 games or so. Sadly the E-Gaming industry deicide which game that is going to be big, and that is one reason that COD is extremely popular. If a game is streamed and viewed by the majority of the gamers (Mostly kids in this genre) it will sky-rocket the sales.

But this is not the case with Fifa. The mega money that EA make of games like Fifa and COD just makes the reason higher that they should update/change the game more. They have funds for it right? Most of the money are going down their pockets because it wont cost to much to add so little to the games that award them billions.

Just look at the crowd for an example, hilariously bad, more or less no chants. Why the lack of "real" stadiums? because they did probably not want to spend more money on the rights to have them in the game! And THAT is a disgrace.

In Career mode(Player atleast) they have barelly even changed the comments you get in the media before/after games etc, you can score hattrick after hattrick and not get picked, or you'll just get loaned out. No realism.

Why dont do as many other games do and release a DLC? Borderlands add much much more for every DLC, but they dont charge you for 50 quid. Because they are greedy as * and only care about money.

Please keep in mind that i do play the game, and i do it more or less everyday.

Rant over :56:

16. TimFloyd Gold Member

EA don't make COD

17. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Oh, for some reason i thought they did :56:

But my point still stands though :50: Brought them up because he used them as a example, but its not really fair since they are even worse then EA.

18. Sonny7

I'm the same mate:56: I used be able to do career mode for hours on end. Then started online play about 2yrs ago nd never looked back. Even last year with Fifa 13 a started about 5 career modes and lasted no more than 10 games into any them. Whats the point when you can go online and pay someone for real, much better enjoyment beating some online aswell.

But am going to give career mode a right good go this year because it can be fun when you get into it. But as a says above its * they stopped the player manager mode. A enjoyed picking the team and playing the game.

The misses is out and will be home within the hour with my copy, oh yeah:party048:

19. TimFloyd Gold Member

:50:

Aye they are bad for rehashing a game.

Battlefield is EA's game and rival to cod, and as much as I hate EA I have to say battlefield is an insanely good game.

Back on topic.

I will probably get Fifa on the PS4 and the only reason I ever play fifa is purely for online.

Fifa single player has never grabbed my attention whatsoever.

20. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Are you at Celtic? Because that sounds about right. :86: