1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Cross Platform] Favourite games of 2016

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by Vinnie BBQ, Jan 1, 2017.

Discuss Favourite games of 2016 in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Vinnie BBQ Justice is lost Justice is raped Justice is gone.

Not necessarily mean the best games, but the ones you liked playing the most in 2016.

Ratchet & Clank (PS4) Excellent remake.
    Trackmania Turbo (PS4)
    No Man's Sky (PS4) Yes that's right, No Man's Sky. :giggle1: Loved it until I recently got bored with it, but spend many, many hours on it.
    Fifa 17 (PS4) Just for the career mode. Liked the Journey too, but quit playing that as it stops after one season
    Dragon Quest VII (3DS) Just recently purchased the DS3 XL and this was one of the main reasons behind it.
    Hitman (PS4) Also just got this one, but the first three main missions were fantastic.
    Dragon Quest Builders (PS4) Dragon Quest meets Minecraft. I like it.
    TEO V Skyrim special edition. (PS4)
    The Legends of Heroes ToCS (PS Vita)
    Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth (PS Vita) Never played these kind of games before, but liking it more than Pokémon Sun atm. which I bought for the DS recently.

And a few classics that were released on the PS4. Like Bully and Final Fantasy VII (Ok that last one is end 2015)

Artorias likes this.
  2. Vinnie BBQ Justice is lost Justice is raped Justice is gone.

I might have forgotten some as I buy too many games every year.

3. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    COD remastered.

4. Nasser

EA UFC 2 - It took a while to get used to the controls but ended up loving it.

Battlefield 1- For £30 I thought it was pretty good, all though short I liked the 1 player mode it was amazing in parts especially the Bessie Mud and Blood part really liked that story just wish it was longer.

Biggest disappointment was Mafia 3.

5. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Black Ops 3, racked up a lot of game time between the online and zombies.

Enjoyed NBA 2K16 too, was my first NBA game.

6. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine - It was DLC/expansion but still has a few dozens of hours of content. I'd be happy to have paid 50 quid for that alone. The Witcher 3 is the best open world game I've ever played and the expansions are outstanding.

Uncharted 4 - Great way to finish the series...or at least put it on hold for a while. Great franchise.

Dark Souls 3 - First and only DS game I've played. Challenging as * but loved it. Although, I've not completed it yet, got 1 or 2 bosses left I think.

Other than it's not been a great year for new games.

Skyrim and Assassins Creed: The Ezio Collection are all top notch but re-releases. As well as Bully and The Warriors on PSN.

7. Bunk Moreland

Steep - * knows how many hours I've put into it over the last month. It even managed drag me away from....

Battlefield 1 - Best FPS game I've played.

Apart from that not much else has stuck out, Deus Ex Mankind Divided was alright as well. No Assassins Creed game was a big loss for me last year plus Gran Turismo Sport being delayed until 2017 was another one off my buy list.

8. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Fifa I * hated man. Not played it in weeks now.

Think battlefield 1 will be my favourite.

Got a ps4 this year, and along with it a load of games that came out the year before, but even still battlefield 1 sucked you right in and that feeling of being on the frontline during the opening mission, dam.

9. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Battlefield 1 by a long way.
    Cod 4 remastered was good but cost way too much.

10. Nasser

Agree a lot the better games were from 2014 and 2015. I really struggled to find many games I liked in 2016. I hope 2017 is better.

11. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

I mostly just replayed games that had come out in previous years.

MGSV, The Witcher III, Fallout 4, Far Cry 4.

Off the top of my head, Skyrim remastered and Uncharted 4 were the big ones from this year. I played Mafia III but didn't complete it, so that's maybe one to go back to.

The Thumb likes this.
  12. Stefan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hartson, Nakamura, Larsson, Petrov, TIerney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA & Fields of Athenry
    The Witcher III
    The Last Of Us
    FIFA 17
    Project Cars
    NBA 2k17

13. Moustache

I didn't really play that many new games last year, although I'm starting to catch up a bit now, but of the one's that I did play, these were my favourites:

Dishonored 2 - I only finished it the other day, after replaying the original game and it's DLC, but it was a lot of fun. It definitely has some issues, mostly in the story department, but the gameplay, level design and the art design are fantastic. It apparently didn't sell all that well, largely because of it's silly release date, but hopefully a third game's still on the table.

DOOM - Not the greatest game I've ever played, but one that deserves praise for the way it wears its heart on it's sleeve. It's just simple, cheesy fun.

Fallout 4: Far Harbor - The base game was a massive disappointment, but this DLC was actually pretty good. The setting was great, the story was interesting, choices were handled fairly well, there was actually some depth to the factions and the new enemies were well designed. Unfortunately the same can't be said for the other DLC's.

Firewatch - It has it's flaws, but I was still thinking about the game for a while after I finished it. Probably the best of the 'walking simulators' for me.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
    - A technically impressive game and a nice end for the series (although I suppose there's still The Lost Legacy to go).

Mortal Kombat XL - I'm not the biggest fighting game fan, but I usually enjoy Netherealm's games and this was no exception.

The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine
    - The main story wasn't as good as Hearts of Stone, but everything else about the DLC was great. A modern classic and probably my favourite game of all time.