1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Fast food workers £10ph

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by TimFloyd, Oct 5, 2018.

Discuss Fast food workers £10ph in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    a tenner for flipping a burger , you can get tae * , Mucky Dees dont pay the wages its all franchises now.

They wouldnt last 3 hours with me , man basket off a crane, cradles going 300ft in the air against a stack, cherry pickers on a windy day, free climbing up a stack bcos its impossible for the scaffs to build it for me and fellow workmates. Then when dinner time comes free fall in man basket with the crane, he will apply brakes about 15ft from the deck, they will have * themselves

2. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Worked in McDonald's when I was a student, it is physically and mentally draining when you’re constantly working at speed. It’s not a difficult job at all (neither is working on a building site tbh), but 90% of the time orders come in quicker than you can make them. You’re constantly on your feet, there is some lifting involved, constantly twisting and turning and if you’re serving customers, then you’re constantly taking unwarranted, rude, grief. If it’s a franchised store, the owner will invariably want to save money on staff costs so you usually don’t have enough people on in the kitchen which means you have to work harder. So while being a labourer might be tougher physically, it doesn’t mean you don’t have to work hard.

That said, low skilled jobs such as these will always be amongst the lowest paid as anyone can do them.

3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I agree about the stick they get. Literally McDonald's employees get spoken to like *..

I hear it any time I go in, which admittedly isn't a lot..

I genuinely couldn't take that..

4. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I was usually in the kitchen, which was great craic when your mates were on, but I got people talking to me like some moron would speak to a foreigner.

“I. Want. A. PLAIN. Cheeseburger. A PLAIN CHEESEBURGER.”

“No problem, anything else?”

“Make sure that cheeseburger is PLAIN. I’ll have 20 nuggets, a McFlurry, a large fries and a Diet Coke.” :giggle1:

I get that people are annoyed when orders come out incorrectly, but it’s bound to happen a few times a day, when you’re going through 300 burgers an hour. The pressure you’re put under and the need to be fast means you’ll inevitably have lapses in concentration, plus you’ll always have staff that just don’t give a * as it’s a stop gap job for most. They measure stuff like order accuracy and I never saw it fall below 90% for a day. Plus, order mistakes can be down to the customer too.

Think the worst thing I saw from a customer, was a 16 year old lassie on her first shift, getting a chair thrown at her. Junkie claimed her gave her a score, when he gave her a tenner, and was demanding the extra change.

ChrisMoh likes this.
  5. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    A junkie had a tenner to buy a burger ,,, that wasnt a junkie , he would have bought a few lines with the tenner

6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    :giggle1:

I don't get all that pointless * like asking for no gherkins. Weirdos..

300 an hour. * that!.

I shouldn't laugh but that last bit :56:

7. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    He was buying a cone, the junkies were always buying the ice cream there.

8. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    You had all sorts of requests, folk wanting the burger without the bun and so on.

Aye lunch times were busiest, then dinner time. You’d get the rush before breakfast ended too and it was always a pain in the * changing to a different menu but still having breakfast orders to do. Don’t miss it one bit. :giggle1:. Got loads of * anecdotes about working there.

Still not the worst job I’ve had though.

9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    I'd without doubt no be able to bite my tongue for long. Would be shouting back at the drive through order's :giggle1:

Interesting to hear it from the other side though. Don't think I could do it..

Hate being rushed or told to hurry up or anything like that so probably the worst job's for me :giggle1:

The worst job then?

10. trip2themoon Concomitant Allez-Vous?

Fav Celtic Player:
    Peter Grant
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    Anyone who asks for a plain burger in a McDoanlds should be immediately banned. I never deviate from the original formula because I'd rather not eat *.

11. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony

Allergies

McChiellini.. likes this.
  12. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Worst job for how we were treated was a local hotel, as a barman/waiter. No guarantee of shifts, * hours, * tipping system, slashed everyone’s wages without telling them. When a customer complained about their food, the chefs would take it out on you despite it being their fault. Had occasions when I got the train back home from Glasgow after studying all day, walking to my shift, only to be told not to bother coming in. So I wasted a train fare and time.

Worst one for the actual job was working in a food factory that made the pasta/salad pots and ready meals for M&S. Up before sunrise to go stand in a massive fridge factory for eight hours. I washed the herbs, put them in a spin drier then put them in a plastic box until I had ten stacked. Take them through to a different area and repeat. Two * 20 minute breaks when it took you 5 minutes each way to get off the shop floor and get to the cafeteria. Soul destroying stuff.

One of my mates had an interview for that factory, when they asked him why he wanted to work there, he said, “Just for the *’ money ae”. :56:

13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Are you 1 of those moany *'s who's had about 83 different job's aye?

To be fair they sound painful as * to go through daily..

Had a few * myself..

14. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Nah, I’ve not even hit double figures with jobs tbh and that’s including the paper round and the wee part time shop job I had ages 13-16.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  15. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Was working down south , the job finished and i got a phone call for a job on my way home , it would cover expenses Etc. Works out the guys are on more than my self, so i wrapped, the mob fone the agency and tell them , the agency phones me and say you cant walk of the job , i am not i said, i am driving off of it.

Callum McGregor likes this.
  16. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Within the past year, there was a lad on this forum that said he worked in a pub but had a ST for us and never worked the games. His manager said they couldn’t keep giving him Saturday’s off so he asked if the manager was saying, ‘give up the ST or the job’. Manager said that’s what he was meaning so the lad quit there on the spot. :56:

17. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Prove it.

18. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

* that mate, I’d be telling the * to ram it for 40 a shift. It’s a hard going graft and your basically risking your life doing it.

I think we’re an under appreciated trade to be honest. The problem is there’s that many nuggets that think they’re great scaffolders and will work for peanuts.

19. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Liked that subtle wee dig Minty bhoy:56:

Aye being a joiner, brickie, etc and doing a 4 year apprenticeship to learn a trade isn’t hard... :56:

Jax Teller likes this.
  20. Jax Teller

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thumb
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldier song
    I was on £7 an hour as a fully qualified motor mechanic and Mot tester which is a * scandal.

Thankfully on a good wage now, not as much as i should be right enough.