1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

F1 Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Tulf, Jan 10, 2012.

Discuss F1 Thread in the Other Sports area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Still but, imagine being a multi millionaire and your job is driving round the same 20 tracks year after year about 100+ times each adding in practice and qualifying.

Could be out on a yacht in the bahamas snorting lines off supermodels arses, champagne in the other hand and the rebs belting out lol

Seems a lot of travelling and quite a boring sport to take part in when you've got that much money.

2. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Aye I bet it's boring as * driving millions of pounds of cutting edge technology round the World to the edge of the limits with thousands of * dripping at the gusset clinging on to your entourage.

I'd say it was right up there with the coolest and most interesting professions there is.

Being out on yachts sniffing ching off slags nipples is exactly what the lifestyle facilitates not stops.

3. honda Gold Member Gold Member

It's like that rush movie. He's done it now. Why risk his life to do it again. He can quit happily live a very rich man and safe forever.

I predict he will be out of retirement within 2 years once he learns walking a dog and being a stay at home dad is actually * :56:

Markos1972 likes this.
  4. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Even if your interest was motors and racing the tracks are *, imagine driving round 30th lap "only 50 more laps to go", I could never concentrate and would have no interest.

With the money they have i'd rather buy a supercar and try and go round the globe faster than anyone had managed before or that with my own money than earn millions but circle the same tracks. Most of them have worked in the million pound cutting technology motors dozens of times, once youve done it 50 times does it really make any difference.

5. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Just thinking there I suppose theres not much they can do about the tracks, if they built them so that it took 15 minutes to do a lap and so was less repetitive then * arent really going to go and watch a motor flying past you in the blink of an eye every 15 minutes.

6. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    Some people like that concept.....repeated laps, marathons etc. I know i did as a kid.

7. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    True, it's not for me though although I did watch F1 as a youngster but havent really seen it in 10+ year now.

I think the SPL is too repetitive playing the same teams 3/4/5/6 times a season but even then there is the odd different team, different players/managers, different circumstances. F1 is a guy in a motor lapping the exact same course as he's done unthinkable amounts of times before, like Lewis Hamilton must have lapped some of these courses 1,000 times before and it's not like they freshen it up by alternating things like 1 year they go round one way the next year the next and occasionally change bits I think they're the same every time. Groundhog day sport.

8. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    :giggle1: No all nighter playing F1 on the xbox at yours then!!!

9. Bunk Moreland

That's completely irrelevant mgm, There's huge changes next year to the cars. if I was a betting man I'd put my money on Ricciardo and Red Bull.

As for Rosberg he can * off, if there ever was an undeserving F1 "world champion" it him

10. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
  11. Mr. Fawlty

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    2017 will be the Hamilton procession with no competition within his team. Will be boring as * unless Red Bull pull something out of a hat with the new design.

12. Bunk Moreland

He only won it due to Hamiltons technical problems for a start. Couple that with the fact he hit Hamilton twice during the season (plus most of the top 6 drivers on the grid). Then there's the constant whining (asking his team to give team orders in a championship deciding race) and Mercedes obvious aim to get him a championship. He's a below average driver at best in a fast car that got lucky.

13. Bunk Moreland

Well the new regulations are geared towards aerodynamics and not engine power. I'm fairly confident that Red Bull will be the favourites. Also don't count out McLaren, their cornering speed this year has been up there with the best

14. Mr. Fawlty

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    As for 'undeserving', if Felipe Massa's engine hadn't of given up on him in Hungary three laps from the win Lewis Hamilton would be a two-time champion. If Niki Lauda hadn't been burnt to a crisp James Hunt wouldn't have been a champion.

15. Bunk Moreland

You're talking of one off incidents. I'm talking about the whole F1 year

16. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Thanks for the explanation, I only check up on the sport now and again so didn't know.

17. Bunk Moreland

I've nothing against him personally, I'm not even a Hamilton fan but I just smell a rat with Rosberg and Mercedes this year. It's always been down to a German driver in a German car winning a World Championship and this year proved that big time, Rosberg was Mercedes priority. They refused to blame him for anything after being at fault for hitting Hamilton twice. And then the radio help giving him instructions when his gearbox was about to fail (the 10 second penalty didn't mak
    There's been so many questionable things this year with Mercedes involving Hamilton and Rosberg , I just don't buy it. Mercedes wanted a German World Champion in a German car then Rosberg retires. I'm not even a Hamilton fan, far from it but it stinks.

Callum McGregor likes this.
  18. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    You may be right, but there are changes every few years, and generally they dont affect things to such an extent that one manufacturer will benefit a lot more than the others.

Id be surprised if Mercedes are knocked off their perch next year.

19. Bunk Moreland

Really? then How did Red Bull go from easy winners to also rans the first year turbo engines where introduced? Why in 2009 did Brawn GP win the drivers and constructors championships but their early rivals were Toyota. it makes a huge difference

20. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    Yes, occasionally one can point to a change which affects things, but it generally doesnt move teams dramatically up or down the order.

Unless i hear differently, i would bet Hamilton will still be hot favourite at the bookies for next year.....and that is usually a fair reflection of the chances of each participant.