1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ewan Henderson

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Jeremie Frimpong, Jun 27, 2018.

Discuss Ewan Henderson in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I don't think he'll start on Wedensday but imagine Henderson running at Berra :56:

2. sabzz1888

Thought he was a bit iffy the first 15, absolutely fantastic the rest of the game.

Think we have the better of the Hendo's

JC Anton likes this.
  3. Keano88

Confirmation that the players are watching this forum :fear:

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

BR on Ewan Henderson: "I thought he was tremendous. Delighted he got man of the match. He showed his poise, his control and he was a joy to watch. He played with real maturity in the game so I'm delighted for him."

Tommy25 and Idioteque like this.
  5. andybhoy94 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Played really well today for it being his first start.

Tommy25 likes this.
  6. Keano88

2 assists in his 2 appearances.

I think we have the new Iniesta on our hands here.

Tommy25, bagforlife, Crilly and 4 others like this.
  7. themouth1888

Played really and surprised me to be honest. Didn't go hiding even when the game got ugly for a spell

8. PEI#1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Played wee man...hail, hail

Tommy25 likes this.
  9. JamesM09

Said before on this forum (about Liam Henderson possibly) but the great thing about this player and the likes of McGregor before him is that we’re producing ball-playing centre midfielders.

We’ve always been able to produce Full backs and Wingers. Small, pacey players. But now we’re starting to develop players that have vision, control, intelligence.

It’s this that will take the club to the next level.

Tommy25 and JC Anton like this.
  10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic kid Ewan Henderson has vowed to be patient as he pushes for more regular inclusion in Brendan Rodgers’ first-team.

The midfielder started his first game for Celtic in Sunday’s 4-1 win over Motherwell, impressing with a performance that saw him take the sponsors’ man-of-the-match award for his display.

However, the 18-year-old has insisted that he is wary of letting anything go to his head as he looks to keep himself in Rodgers’ plans.

“I thought I had done well but you can always do better so I really don’t want to get too ahead of myself,” he said. “I just need to keep my head down and keep working hard in training. It is about working and listening and just trying to impress the manage

After the game the manager spoke to me to say that I had done really well but just to keep working hard and that is exactly what I intend to do. It is about trying to get in and stay in but just now I just need to be listening and doing what the manager asks of me.

“Hopefully whenever I do get a chance that I can make an impression.”

Elder brother Liam came through the ranks at Celtic before going to Italy last year, but Henderson has revealed that it was his sibling who was first to offer encouragement.

“I found out I was starting the game on Saturday and Liam facetimed me to wish me well,” he said. “He was as excited as I was. He was buzzing for me.

But he knows how hard it is as well so I know that it’s great to go and get a full start but it’s just another step for me right now.”

Henderson came close to marking the occasion with a free-kick that went wide but he has accepted that he might not be getting the chance to take too many more after the set piece that Odsonne Edouard netted.

“I have been practising my free-kicks so I wanted a chance to take it. I was close with it but then you see him go and score one like that and you think, ‘aye, all right then.’”

Having been in and around the first-team this season, Henderson was not intimidated going into the game, something that he attributed to the manner in which he was accepted into the squad.

I have been in a great position in that I have been training a lot with the first-team squad this season,” said the teenager. “It has helped me to see what the level is and what I have to do but it also helps when you go into games. I don’t really get nervous before games anyway but the fact that you have been around the players and know their game definitely benefits you when you are going into a game.

“They have all been really helpful with me.

“I can speak to them as team-mates now but at the same time I know how much I have still got to go.”

Celtic play Hearts at Tynecastle tomorrow night before taking on Hibs at Easter Road in Scottish Cup duty on Saturday afternoon. Callum McGregor missed Sunday’s game with a slight knock while Scott Brown was suspended.

But with Olivier Ntcham not fully fit and Ryan Christie looking as though he has tweaked his hamstring, there could yet be a chance for Henderson to stay involved.

“I need to keep working and if I get the chance to play I’ll definitely take it but at the minute it’s just about being patient and working as hard as I can,” he said. “It goes without saying that I would love to play but it’s not my place to be talking about that.”

The youngster’s debut will be memorable for Motherwell’s goal and the reaction it sparked. Celtic were furious at the flouting of conventional sportsmanship when the Fir Park side took the chance to attack rather than give the ball back.

I have never seen anything like it but the only good thing was that it actually didn’t matter in the end,” said Henderson. “I’ve never been in a youth game where that has happened and it was a bit surprising but the important thing was we won the game.”

Tommy25 likes this.
  11. smiddybar

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    I'm in work and cannot open the CQN site, but the headline reads "WhizKid (Henderson) facing the Axe, anyone no what this means ??

12. SloBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Just that he might not be starting tomorrow as it's too big of a game. Nothing in it, clickbait of an article title.

13. smiddybar

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    I should have guessed that, thanks.

14. Mince.Charming

Where you worried he was getting his head chopped off ?

15. Keano88

Really wanting him to make the most of this chance in the team. Definitely talented enough.

Mon the Hendo :shamrock:

Tommy25 and Rydo1888* like this.
  16. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Buzzing for him. Massive pressure game to be flung in for after everything that’s happened so won’t be harsh if he doesn’t perform.

Brown and Bitton will be massive in that midfield tonight.

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

18. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Class bit of composure and weight of pass for the goal.

Real deal this wee guy.

Tommy25, Maestro 08 and Crilly like this.
  19. sabzz1888

As you said brilliant composure to slow it down then turn and basically set that goal up, outstanding.

Tommy25 likes this.
  20. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    His corner actually found a Celtic head, lets hope they're always that good

Tommy25 likes this.