1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ever miss a game?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Marty McFly, Jan 11, 2017.

Discuss Ever miss a game? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. TheHappyLoss

Nearly missed the 6-2 game as well. Was sick as a dog, nearly turned back at the turnstile as I thought I was going to conk out. Went in and after 20 minutes felt * fantastic .

Marty McFly likes this.
  2. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    Only game nearly missed was the CL Moscow game at home a few years back. Took a heart attack just before the game. Rushed to Golden Jubilee but surgeon was a big Tim and put it up on the screen so I could watch it live during the op under general anesthetic.

DJ CJ from here even managed to sell on my ticket for me and stopped the ambulance * off before he gave me the money. :56:

3. rory_90

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Offered to work the day we beat Aberdeen 9-0 so gave up my ticket. Went out for my break at about half 4 to see we were 8 up at that point and I've never been so annoyed to see us horsing a team in my life.

4. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Actually, just remembered this. I missed the first half of the Seville final, because I was in London for a musical performance with school. I tried to pull out to watch the match but got peer pressured into playing.

5. Dallas Cowbhoys

Only big game that springs to mind was one of the last ever Hun games where we lost 4-2.

I was having a pretty big domestic with my ex-girlfriend at the time and thought asking to postpone it to watch the game would have sent her over the edge.

We lost though obviously so it wasn't the worst thing in that respect.

Miss a few normal games throughout the season for various reasons. That's why I first started looking on here actually.

6. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    On holiday in Greece , August/September 08. Old firm at CP, got the kick off time wrong and by the time i got to the tim pub it was all over and Sky were doing post match analysis . Then i look at the bottom corner of the screen and see "2-4" . Gutting.

7. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Used to go to the pub for the games with my dad as a wean and end up playing footy myself with a couple of the lads in the car park most of the time :giggle1::52: pretending to be Henrik rather than watching him :54: looking back I wish I'd watched more in that era.

Not missed a game the last few years but missed a few in the Strachan era due to being a young * and getting smashed on a friday and missing the lunchtime kick off on a Saturday :67:

8. AJ Styles Moussa Dembele's eyes Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Ruptured my achilles the day before the 6-0 win at Kilmarnock to clinch the title had too give my ticket to my cousin and watch on my phone in the hospital

9. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

Was sick as * for the UEFA cup final, laying flat on my back on the sofa could hardly open my eyes. That was the worst. Don't recall ever missing a massive game.

Missed the bus back from Glasgow more than a few times tho :84:

10. barrybhoy85

Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Had to work during the 2-1 barca game. My head chef said Celtic were 2 up, told him to * off! Wasn't until I got home I found out the score. Was gutted

11. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Missed the UEFA Cup final live as well although I was never going to that in the first place. All my old pals were going but I was a Dad to a couple of kids by then and all my mates were still single so they could afford it but I couldn't.

It's been a long time since I've missed watching a game live, on the telly, stream, or otherwise. I always plan my life around Celtic games.

I was working the back shift when we played Liverpool at Anfield in the Seville season. Got the wife to get me a cargo in, taped the game and managed to avoid the scoreline until I got home. Included having to sit on the bus on the way home with my eyes shut and my music at full blast so I couldn't hear the other passengers.

My neighbours must have thought I was mentally ill or something when I was going off my nut at the back of 11 at night.

Callum McGregor and Marty McFly like this.
  12. Jax Teller

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thumb
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldier song
    Missed the partick thistle game a few weeks ago due to being kept late at work....was stoatin down though so not all bad.

13. Deco67

Got a ST, make every home and cos of my student loan, every away hahah. Think last game I missed would be Ross County away last season, was in hospital.

14. Aidan O’Shea

Never missed a big game (usually watch on the television).

Used to miss games against the small teams during the years of Mowbray etc.

15. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    Missed 2-1 Barca and it's annoyed me ever since

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

16. Farmer

Loads. They're on at like 5am here.

17. MassBhoy

I overslept the Rangers game on New Years Eve. It was a 7am start here and I was pretty upset when I woke up around 930 and realized it. I've been really making an effort this season to wake up and watch all the games, but the early starts have been tough to master

18. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

The trick is to not make it an early start but make it a late night instead. :50:

19. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I was sitting outside the boozer at 10am on Hogmanay like a proper jakey because it was tickets and first come first served :56: