1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

EURO 2016

Discussion in 'World Football' started by ILoveTheCeltic, Dec 11, 2015.

Discuss EURO 2016 in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Luz1904

Thank you mate:50:

[​IMG]

2. Luz1904

[​IMG]

Joe Allen now costs 10M more.

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

:icon_mrgreen:

4. Dr. Frasier Crane

Thought Bale would have made the team of the tournament ahead of Ramsey.

5. Swervedancer Guest

Thanks for the thank you Luz!

Congratluations, you really deserved it, hope you're enjoying the party/great feeling :50:

(does Luz mean light)

6. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Does Ronaldo deserve to be in the team of the Tournament? Maybe. But I'm not so sure.

7. Swervedancer Guest

There are is rumour but I don't believe it :56:

8. Swervedancer Guest

I would put Ronaldo in the team of the tournament for his back flick goal, his unbelievable header than only he can do and he kinda set up the goal against Croatia by deflection. Basically he's a match winner and he won at least one game and help to win another on 13 minutes from penalties.

I could see how people wouldn't agree with that though because he wasn't in the top 11 players but just as an impact player yeah.

9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

it's not true

10. Swervedancer Guest

Sorry I know it's not true, I don't even know when it started but it's obviously a wind up.

Mind you it might become a pain in the * sometimes so I won't mention it again :52:

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

good :smiley-laughing002:

12. Swervedancer Guest

:smiley-laughing002:

13. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Yeah you're probably right. Thinking about it there wasn't too.many forwards who really stuck out

14. Barry Robson

Good to see Kimmich in it. Surprised Eder isn't in the team of the tournament, he was quality imo aswell as Renato Sanches

15. 31B404 Gold Member Gold Member

Parabéns Luz.

Em 12 anos Escócia é campeões! :icon_mrgreen:

16. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Don't think Ronaldo had a good tournamnt in all honesty, by his own standards anyway. Actually felt Portugal looked more dangerous vs France without him that they had in any game previously. Not many forwards who stood out in all honesty, so I can see how he ends up in some people's team of the tournament.

The problem with a Ronaldo-led Portugal side is that ALL the play revolves around setting him up to score, probably more than any side I've ever seen. It would be harsh to say they won this tournament in spite of him, but it was built more on defensive ability and organisation than on Ronaldo's efforts.

17. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    He scored 3 goals and made 3 assists, think that contribution makes him worthy of being in the TOTT

18. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Yeah fair enough. Weighing up his competition he deserves it. Although in all honesty, despite some flashes of brilliance. He had a rather subdued tournament

19. Luz1904

Thank you mate. This certainly boosts everyone's self esteem.

Yes, Luz means light. It's the unofficial name of Benfica's stadium (officially it's Estádio do Sport Lisboa e Benfica) and there's the occasional reference about Sunderland's stadium having the same name.

Thank you, and pretty good effort :50:

I'd enjoy seeing Scotland in a final stage at least, specially now with 24 teams. From what I read here in talkceltic, scottish youth football needs more attention.

Portugal had around 10 years of non-investiment that severely hurt our generation of portuguese footballers between 2004 and 2014 and that's why a big part of this team is in it's 30's. Despite that, now the future is bright. 2nd place in the Euro u-19 and u-21, 1st in the Euro u-17. Renato Sanches is the face of the upcoming generations who I believe will be able to keep the standard high (quarters, semis, finals) or even bring more trophies home.

The work started around 2005, when the kids were 7, 8, 9 years old. It takes patience. I hope Scotland can find a way to reinvest as well and turn things around. Celtic would benefit from it too.

20. Barry Robson

Kiraly :56:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYIet8hjyu4[/ame]