1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Erik Sviatchenko

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by TrueTim67, Aug 20, 2017.

Discuss Erik Sviatchenko in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Really? His effort in games since he's been here was excellent, literally his best attribute. He gets dropped, the effort isn't there anymore and him and his agent coming out in the press? Nah get your * head down and work son, don't be a petty *.

Look at the difference between him when he's not first choice and Boyata when he wasn't. That's the difference in attitude.

2. CelticKurd

Fav Celtic Player:
    Georgios Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony and Willie Maley
    Jozo and Boyata are attitude wise miles ahead of Erik. His performances after Brendans team settled and he got dropped many matches, he was * after.

3. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Whenever he plays these days the effort is still there. For all we know he's working hard in training as well. Just because he isn't in until 1am on the treadmill doesn't mean he isn't working hard.

I posted this quote from him...

"If Brendan Rodgers has decided that I am third choice, I will do everything to prove that I must be one of the two in the middle."

Sounds like he knows he has to prove himself.

In my opinion, there's been a bit of a myth started that he's thrown his toys out the pram and people have just jumped on the bandwagon.

4. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Yep. The wee dwarf that he is..

5. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    Copenhagen knocked out the CL.

6. Mr. Slippyfist

How old is that quote though?

I said the exact same as you when it first came out, but now it's more obvious than ever that he wants to leave Celtic.

Be that for personal reasons (wanting to raise his Scottish-born wean in Denmark) is up to him, but it's apparent he sees his future away from us, and isn't willing to put in the fight to win back his position in the first team.

Not the attitude i want in a Celtic player.

Good riddance when he leaves, nothing personal.

7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    I'm sure that interview was after the rumours of him wanting to leave/agent talking out of turn in the January window?

It's blatantly obvious he doesn't want to be here and has chucked it..

Liam Scales likes this.
  8. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

From April. This is from July...

Sorry but I'm just not buying into this pish that his attitude is stinking.

RabS likes this.
  9. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Just saw copenhagen were knocked out. Would be a big step down for erik if he left for them now.

10. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I've not seen the effort on the pitch at all. What about the other quotes, from him and his agent?

11. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Again, how has he chucked it?

He's not the same player he was a year ago, but if he has chucked it then Rodgers would have been actively looking to sell him all summer.

12. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

From Sviatchenko himself...

There was never an issue about me wanting to leave. I’m 25 and I want to play regularly and here is the perfect place to flourish and find your A game. There was concrete interest but not a concrete offer. I said I was happy where I am. It was too early for me.

“It’s a dream for every player, including myself, to play at the very top level and I’d say the English Premier League is one of the highest levels you can play at.

But the experience so far with the Champions League and how we play, I think I am at the right stage at the moment. It is future talk.

“My dream is to play in the Premier League but I am not saying I want to do it now because I have more than enough to do yet.

I feel I’ve come a long way but I’m not done yet. The Champions League nights have been the biggest nights of my career so far and I would like to experience more of them.”

13. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The fact Rodgers has said no matter what if Boyata is fit he starts tells you what he thinks of Erik.

14. SeanBhoy7

First season he came I thought he was top notch and quickly became our number one CB.
    Even at the start of this season I he would have been first pick but as the season went on he had a few shockers particularly against sevco.
    Then Big Jozo got back fit and playing well as did Botaya which kept him out the team and when he did play again his confidence looked shot.
    He canny really get fit the now but there's a player in there somewhere.
    If we get 5million plus punt him if not keep him because he's better than Bitton and Ajer and we don't know what this new signing is like.

15. Mr. Slippyfist

This is September.

His performances tell you everything that had to be known...

Valhalla likes this.
  16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Because he hasn't and isn't willing to make the changes necessary to make himself a first team pick again, which he was before Brendan. Doesn't matter how long Boyata or Sviatchenko stay behind in training but what does matter is the person that wants to do everything it takes to fit in and improve. Can you honestly say he has?

Boyata has. Gordon has. Griffiths has. Armstrong has. McGregor has. Broony has..

Could go on and on..

His head was turned by moves. His agent and him were openly talking about elsewhere and being out the side and what happened? He fell off the ride and got left behind..

Now the overwhelming majority of our support wouldn't give a * if he left..

17. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

It tells us that he's not good enough.

Do you really think if his attitude was * Rodgers would have even given him a game? Rodgers has consistently said that the attitude from the whole quad has been fantastic from day one.

18. Mr. Slippyfist

Sound bites.

Rodgers ain't stupid, he's hardly going to come out and say Sviatchenko's attitude isn't up to scratch, then try and punt him to another club.

Wise up.

19. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Maybe he just isn't good enough for the way Rodgers wants to play?

He can't magically make himself taller and faster. His distribution from the back is absolutely fine. Not spectacular, but not poor.

Like I said, if he wasn't giving a * and wasn't working hard enough in training, we'd know about it. Either by Rodgers coming out and saying it, or Sviatchenko just not playing at all.

20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    He was a Danish international. European standard centre back for midgetland who pumped United and Southampton prior to coming here. He then started off like a steam train for us and was widely loved for his bravery, aggression and no nonsense..

I'm not buying that pish that he doesn't have the ability..

His weaknesses are clear to see and we've improved but when your heart isn't in it, as well as being slow and short. Then he's no chance under Brendan..

Liam Scales likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.