1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Emilio Izaguirre

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Scottish Celt, Sep 15, 2012.

Discuss Emilio Izaguirre in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Scottish Celt

I know il get slated for this but does anyone think he isn't really that good?
    I don't think he's ever in position when we are being attacked and champions league teams will punish us for that. His crosses are usually average aswell.

Just my opinion:50:

2. Shane1888

He was fantastic before the injury. He's a shadow of the player he once was, but I think a lot of people over exaggerate just how far he has fallen. He is by no means terrible and is comfortably still the best left back in Scotland.

3. Celticbhoy111

Hes been pretty crap since his injury, i think he lacks any bravery now aswell. Hope he gets back to his old self.

4. Mr. Slippyfist

Certainly looks to have lost something.

5. Professor Green

Everytime he has the ball he cuts inside, allowing the other team to easily regain the ball. Very frustrating.

6. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Doesn't seem to have the desire to go beyond players any more.

A feature of his play in his first season was going beyond Commons into space to receive a pass.

A lot of the time now he plays it safe inside or back the way and doesn't go beyond his winger.

I still live in hope he rediscovers his form, no way was that a fluke in his first year, no way.

7. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    Since he came back from injury he seems to be playing in fear of getting injured again. Unless he gets over this we may never see him regain his old form.

8. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

i think he's still getting over his injury as he's not making the runs we were used to in his 1st season because he fears he'll get clattered and injured again but he's still the bes LB in scotland for sure and i hope we'll se him back to his best this season

9. Rossenspeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal
    He's been rotten this season so far, as has Matthews.

I don't know if it's just confidence and match fitness, but it's a major concern for the Champions League.

10. SpellCheck92

I think the Champions League could be something that kickstarts izzaguire's return to form. We know the abilities there it's just the confidence that is lacking.

11. CelticBhoyDavid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Would have to be King of Kings, Henrik Larsson.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I'm not picky.
    Aye - a white cane and a golden lab as he just seems to be wandering around aimlessly.

Like everyone else, I loved him in his first season with us but since coming back from injury he's never looked the same player, which is a shame. I loved seeing him bomb at defenders and whipping in the crosses.

Whatever it is I really hope that he is working to get past it and can find that form again.

12. joe mcgee

He gets caught out far too much defending, worried that he will be exploited in the champions league

13. Shane1888

He might not even feature in the CL all that often this season. Lennon might go with Mulgrew at left back, with Rogne and Wilson or Ambrose (depending on how good he is) filling up the centre back positions.

14. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Bullshit. Matthews saved our skin a number of times with great tackles in the CL qualifiers. "Rotten" what a load of *, he's been one of our best players.

Izzy has been terrible almost every game since his injury and we are playing with a man down having him in the team basically. He was never the best defender as it was, but now he doesn't attack at all either, so he's just pointless.

15. Seosamh Máirtín

He's still a steady defender that you can, more or less, rely upon to do his job. But it's sad, because before he made a huge impact, and performed above and beyond what you'd ask from a LB.

This, combined with Kayal never being fit, and Brown's continued injury problems, is a huge hit for our club.

16. TIM O'Brien

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hooperman
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    He's gone from being a very good LB to being a very average LB who can't defend to save himself.... The injury's not an excuse for me anymore it was a long time ago now. performances have to improve. I think he'll be in danger of losing his CL place to mulgrew now.

17. cammy07

Matthews has been excellent this season imo

Personally I can't see izzy playing on Wednesday night, think Lenny will go with Mulgrew left back and rogne and Wilson the 2 centre backs. I live in hope that izzy will regain his form from his first season, because there wasn't many better left backs in Europe, but I'm slightly concerned about his form

18. Rossenspeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal
    What like in Sweden?

When he mis-kicked the striker through on goal and took an absolute roasting from the left-winger all night?

19. cammy07

And then made a last ditch challenge to make up for his mistake?

20. Shane1888

Just over a year ago is hardly a long time though, considering he was out for about six months and only really came back into the first team in around January or February of this year. Also, some players never fully recover from serious injuries.

Henrik Larsson was one in a million, as he actually came back from his leg break as a better player. There's only one Henke though.