1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Efe Ambrose

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Bhoy., Feb 12, 2013.

Discuss Efe Ambrose in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

Tags:
  1. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Very happy to read that he's doing so well as he's such a wonderful human being. He's also an excellent footballer: he always was a good player and I'm glad he's showing that again. Only reason he's not good enough for us (which I'm not disputing, I don't want him back) is that he will always have that mistake in him, which isn't good enough for Celtic.

I'm sure he'd be easily the best defender at any SPFL team other than ourselves, he could easily play in the English Championship.

NorwichCelt likes this.
  2. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Ambrose needs to move on for his own career, if he gets a run of games we've seen he can be dependable but it got to the stage here where every mistake he made here was scrutinised to the extent he became a laughing stock.

3. hakumeikirameki

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ever: The King; Now: Leigh Griffiths
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Player of the Month and has reached the threshold number of games to qualify for a winner's medal. :50:

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Trademark
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 8, 2017
  5. TheHappyLoss

Delighted for him. Honest hard working player. Beautiful human being

NorwichCelt likes this.
  6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Brendan speaking about him in the herald

“One of the best relationships I had here was with Efe Ambrose and I never played him,” he said. “But I loved him. He treated me with respect and I made sure he trained with the group every day. We worked on what he could do better. He’d come into my office and thank me for the training, for helping him see the game differently.

“What a man. OK, he might not be for me. But he’s a good guy who’s served his time here. He’ll probably go and play somewhere else. He might not have been able to do it for me in my starting 11. But he’s got a family at home, a missus who’s just given birth to his child. He’s still a human being. When he’s 70 and he looks at me, hopefully he’ll say I did the best for him.”

Random Review and Idioteque like this.
  7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Hibernian defender Jordon Forster says he has learnt how to become a better defender from Nigeria international Efe Ambrose and other senior defenders at the Scottish championship winners.

On Saturday, Hibernian were presented with the Championship trophy after playing a 1-1 home draw against St. Mirren with Ambrose playing 90 minutes.

Despite not being a regular with Hibernian this season, Forster, 23, acknowledges that courtesy of Ambrose and the other experienced Hibernian players, he has improved as a defender with the ball on his feet.

"I know I am not playing every week, but I’m becoming a better player through training with the guys here," Forster tells Edinburgh News.

“I’ve learned a lot from all the guys: Darren McGregor in how he defends one-on-one, Efe and Paul [Hanlon] on the ball, Liam Fontaine’s leadership. I take bits from them all.

“I’ve probably learned the most from Daz because defending one-on-one in isolated situations is where I need to work hardest," Forster says.

Ambrose joined Hibernian on loan from Scottish Premier League champions Celtic in January, and was instrumental in the club winning the second division title and also promotion back to the top flight.

The 2013 Africa Cup of Nations winner was voted Scottish Championship Player of the Month for March.

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

9. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I'd actually love to see him sign for Brighton, just to see how he'd do in the premiership.

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

11. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    The fact that this thread got moved in here about 6 months before he officially goes. :56:

JC Anton likes this.
  12. freitassen

I hope he signs permanently for Hibs. He, Commons and Lennon together.

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Meanwhile, the Hibees also expect to tie up a permanent deal for defender Efe Ambrose in the coming days.

Ambrose made a real impression on and off the pitch during his loan stint from Celtic and is happy to snub more lucrative offers from England and France to keep his family in Scotland.

The Nigerian centre-back also credited Lennon with helping him get back to his best after an extended spell on the sidelines with the Hoops.

14. The Greenman King of kings

It'll be incredibly weird watching him play against us if he goes to Hibs permanently. For once we'd all be hoping he * up although I bet he'd somehow have a * stormer :giggle1:

M.E.T.H.O.D MAN and TESLA like this.
  15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Might be seeing Stokes link up with him again.

16. The Greenman King of kings

He'd be another cracking signing for them

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Done well for them the last time.

18. The Greenman King of kings

His performance in the cup final was enough for me:60:

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

True. :56:

20. doctor venglos

Stokes is still young yet, he's got a lot of good years left in him, he would be dangerous against us, as would Ambrose and Commons.

Artorias likes this.