1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Efe Ambrose

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Bhoy., Feb 12, 2013.

Discuss Efe Ambrose in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

Tags:
  1. Markybhoy

Devastating news. Life will never be the same again. :54:

Clint Eastwood likes this.
  2. honda Gold Member Gold Member

First game they'll be creaming themselves about his dribbling, how he's going to be a star and should they move him to midfield.

It'll last about a month :56: until the real efe shows up

Liam Scales likes this.
  3. BigDaddyPedro

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson - obviously - McNamara, Lubo, Lambart, KT, Brown, Griff, Dembele
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace - song of the Season!
    I still believe a lot of Efe's mistakes came from the pressure on him up here, something which eventually he couldn't control, especially with him being the type of player who just wanted to do his best for the fans. Once he'd started making a few mistakes there was no chance of him recapturing the form of his first season or two.

So I'm with you on this one, CM. A Club like Blackburn, as everyone knows, has nowhere near the kind of pressure a Club like us has. That'll work in his favour and he most likely will be a good player for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. LloydsGamble

HailHoopy, KRS-1888 and Artorias like this.
  5. Xatraps Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Still seeing some news reports claiming that the transfer didn't go through?

Work permit issue on the English side.

6. Dallas Cowbhoys

I thought he was a regular in the Nigerian side?

7. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Arguably they have more pressure, they are fighting relegation in a highly competitive league. We are in a league where it's obvious we are going to win it every year.

8. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    He speaks so well of Brendan and Celtic too.

9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

10. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Aww well he will be back at Celtic then :asshole2:

11. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Won't need one come the summer because he's been here that long he can get citizenship can he not?

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

He's waiting for a UK passport just now.

13. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Thought you had to live and work here for 5 years, if that's the case it would be 31st August 2017 before he could apply would it not?

14. BigWilly The Wildcard Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Willy
    I think he never regained confidence after the Juventus game, and part of that was Lennon's fault for playing him with no rest after coming back from the Nigeria team, I also think Kelvin Wilson leaving was a tough one for him because they formed a good partnership, ideally we should have sent him off on loan at the start of the season to see if he could regain some confidence

Artorias likes this.
  15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic of Scotland defender, Efe Ambrose is staying put with the Glasgow-based side, after failing to seal a move before the close of the transfer window.

A report by BBC Scotland reveals that Ambrose comes off contract with Celtic in the next five months and will leave the club as a free agent in the summer

This is despite an earlier report in which Ambrose, who had also been on the cards of Hibernians, told SkySports Scotland that his proposed move to Blackburn Rovers of England went through, subject to approval by the League.

However, the deal was not announced after the 11pm deadline, thereby putting on hold his expected move away from Celtic, where he has been frozen out of the first team set-up is approved by the league boy or not.

Ironically, though, the deal had been captured by the Scottish FA in their list of deadline day transfers published on their website following the close of the transfer January window on Tuesday.

However, both teams did not officially announce the move, apparently waiting for the league’s approval later same day.

The versatile defender had been linked with a couple of Championship and League One teams in England last month, with Blackburn assumed to be in pole position for his signature.

This season, the former Kaduna United star has completely lost his spot in the first-team, with only two appearances in the UEFA Championship qualifying rounds.

http://sportsdayonline.com/ambrose-sticks-with-celtic/

16. lockerbie-bhoy

I was watching an under 9's match last year and this wee defender totally fresh airs a clearance; his keeper shouted "what's the * you doing big efe"
    Me and the other dads were * ourselves

17. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    Lol good one Crow. Now seriously, how's he doing with Blackburn?

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

He's still in Glasgow.

:fear:

19. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Think most of us will feel this way, he is a very likeable guy, he does his best and he really wants to do well for the team - for the club. But unfortunately it just doesn't come off for him.
    He is almost his own worse enemy here.

Is it the pressure from the fans? Can he switch off from that? Don't think there is much towards him from the stands during the game, but perhaps he reads online too much? Reads the papers too much?

Or even simply his confidence is shot to *.

He was a good player for us. He is good with the ball at his feet and making those runs forward through the middle. Got a knack for a goal at times, and that celebration is brilliant for a defender.
    * with a settled simunovic next to him, and brown being a excellent at sitting back, maybe he could recapture some form and his darting runs can be a good thing.

I just have the fear of games like fenernbache. Where he is his own worst enemy and * it up.

A fresh start would be great for him, would Wish him all the best if/when that time comes.

But on the same hand, we have seen boyata come in recently and do well. Perhaps Ambrose deserves a chance under rodgers as well? He has echoed a lot of the same words as the other players regarding the training, and we have seen the benefits with others. Maybe it could work with efe as well.

Or maybe I'm just being too nice.

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Super Eagles and Celtic defender Efe Ambrose was among the spectators that watched Blackburn Rovers 1-2 loss to Leeds United in the English Championship, as his move to Rovers continue to hang in the balance.

Ambrose watched Rovers’ defeat to Leeds United from the stands on Wednesday evening, but a deal to bring him to Ewood Park remains in the balance.

“That’s an issue regarding the work permit,” Coyle said of the move for Ambrose.

“For me, it’s one or two things – you’re either eligible or you’re not.

“I’m led to believe there was dialogue over that (work permit).

“But he’s played in the Champions League with Glasgow Celtic, has 51 caps for Nigeria, but I don’t really know the full criteria of moving from one country to another.

“He is a bona fide international, talking about his qualities as a player, but it’s whether he meets the criteria and I think that’s where the issue has arisen.”