1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Efe Ambrose

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Bhoy., Feb 12, 2013.

Discuss Efe Ambrose in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

Tags:
  1. muffitO'tea

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Feel for the guy tonight.
    Should never have started, he's been gone too long.

2. Boy Georgios

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Old Brigade
    Same here

He looked fit as a fiddle, to me... He always does

He also looked clueless and prone to enormous mistakes... Again, He always does

The difference is that those mistakes are less glaring against the likes of Caley Thistle, who lack the quality players to cash in on them then they are against a world-class team... Ambrose is a physically impressive guy who has poor tactical awareness and is terrible 1-on-1

3. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    It's lennons fault for picking him...i think lennon let his heart rule his head and thought it would be Roy of the Rovers stuff.

I'm sorry but utter rubbish in this post earlier, it's not down to Efe to say whether he can play or not, if the manager says ur playing ur playing. Lennon knew fine well the weekend he's had and the distance he's travelled so he was the one who made the judgement call.

The goals were due to Ambroses error yes, but this is NOT a reason to slate the player. He should have been subbed but this is a tactical error by the coach not the player.

If you were all in the same position as Ambrose, you would have all said YES to play the game tonight as well! I know I would of!

4. seanolamisio

Fav Celtic Player:
    king henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    the guys not going to turn down a champions league tie if offered the chance,financially it makes no sense.you could argue that lenny * up big time,but if he played a blinder and scored the winning goal its a different story.maybe he thought efe would be buzzing after AFN cup win,hindsights magic-wish the bookies allowed it

5. mightymcginn

your wrong there especially on the third goal, ambrose has done crap like that all year and luckily not conceded a goal yet but their have been a few times forster has had to bail him out, his luck just ran out tonight.

6. Coatbridgebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand old team
    Just back from the game, Could not believe it that Lennon would play a guy just off a 10 hour flight from South Africa - Never rated Ambrose (ive been slated on here cos i called him slow & clueless) you watch him and he at least 3 seconds behind everybody else..how many goals has he caused now. Brown,Wanyama & Forrest wernt that far behind him tonight as well... Thanks to Lennon's Naivety the tie is DEAD in the water....obviously he doesnt know what jet-lag does to you and already being a dodgy defender in Ambrose is a CALAMITY waiting to happen.

7. sarcasmotron

This is what I wrote after the Kilmarnock game. We all knew it was coming...

I like this guy but he shouldn't have started today.

8. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    All time Larsson, Currently KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Not Lennys fault , most wanted him to start i did he was massive in the two legs v Barca and Lenny must have thought he was worth the risk.

9. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Played when he shouldn't have been.

All this 'I told you so' is meaningless, he should have been in his * bed not playing in defence for a last 16 Champions League club.

10. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

The guy is clearly a quality player. he made the team of the ACON and won the * thing.

He should not have started tonight and both him and Lenny will take the blame for that (moreso Lenny) but he still has a lot to offer this club.

I * love the way he marauds out of defence with the ball.

11. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

He was awful. Simply put, awful.

12. kungfoofighter

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    efe is a good player, remember how good he was against barca both games? he is only 23, i know he let us down tonight but do you think barca fans wanted xavi dropped after his awful error let in tony watt? efe is a good player who will get better.

13. wulliebad

Im not a fan of defenders * about with the ball at there feet......pass it or hoof it....but dont * about with it.
    Sooner or later you get caught out and if your really unlucky it happens in a game that you cant get back from.
    shouldnt have played....simples.

14. marti~bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson & Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Barca was totally different as the shape of the team made it a lot harder for him to get caught out of position. His positional naivety was evident tonight, along with his preponderance for inappropriate dribbling from the back and total inability to header a ball in the intended direction.

15. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    All time Larsson, Currently KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    He won it at right back , he is not a centre back , he should be used in front of the back four or in the middle , we have two better right backs so he has no chance at right back.

16. TIM O'Brien

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hooperman
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Actually wondering if he was approached by anyone representing juventus while in africa over the past month...:rolleyes: Wouldn't exactly be unlike them would it!:87:

17. Born green

If he wasn't capable of playing the 90mins then he should have told Lennon so and took one for the team rather than being at fault for 2 of the goals and caught out of position for the other not to mention his general all round display was not up to Celtic standards.

This was not a one off, this was 90mins of mistakes. Tired or not, that performance was simply unacceptable.

18. Bhoy.

:56: Surely a wind up?

19. slowburner

Lenny had a hard decision tonight but I thought he made the wrong decision playing him even before the game started. Matthews Lustig Wilson Izaguirre that was our back 4 against Benfica at home a game that we kept a clean sheet in and although Benfica weren't fantastically adventurous last night it was still a back four that had kept a clean sheet.

That back four was available tonight and although at its best Ambrose and Wilson is, in my opinion, the best CB pairing we have, it was a big risk considering the options we had. It wasnt as if we had to put Rogne in or play Mulgrew LB etc, it was a fairly seemless shift. However Lenny obviously thought he was up to it and he wasn't, however there are no rehearsals in life so we move on. In Lenny we trust. Big Efe will be back as well.

20. Jungo

Lennons fault for playing him