1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

dunfermline v celtic

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic News' started by Yorkshire Tim, Dec 17, 2004.

By Yorkshire Tim on Dec 17, 2004 at 8:04 PM
  1. celtic returned to the top of the SPL after a very convincing win on dnfermline's plastic pitch in front of a poor turn out by pars supporters.

the hoops started off with the same 11 that started aginst ac milan on tuesday in a very well fought draw against ac milan.

there were two talking points in the first half where the celtic supporters will have felt very hard done by. first what looked a clear goal was disallowed by referee hugh dallas and a penalty claim was waved away by dallas.

but that didn't matter too much, on 16 minutes a well worked corner was headed in by striker, chris sutton.
    from then on celtic were in control and and just after the 30 minute mark, midfielder, stilian petrov struck an unstoppable effort past pars goalkeeper, derek stillie

a few efforts came close including towerng defender, dianbobo balde's effort.

celtic goalkeeper magnus hedman pulled off a few good stops early on in the second half.
    john hartson came as close as it gets by shooting off the inside of the crossbar.
    on 70 minutes hartson yet again very unlucky with a goal disallowed for handball, which was very debatable.

but it stayed the same to the final whistle with a 2-0 win that celtic could have added to. that didn't matter too much to the celtic fans and players because rangers had dropped two points and celtic's win sent them to the top by one point.

there were some very convincing performances by celtic players, mcgeady, hartson and petrov who were the stand outs. alan thompson also answered the critics and played how celtic fans are used to seeing. overall though the celtic players will be very proud by the way they played, maybe surprised that they didn't add to the two goals. they will be glad by the way they controlled most of the game, not letting the pars having much to say.

by connor (yorkshire tim.)

what do you think? i was bored so i decided to write a match report from the game on sunday.
    no, before you ask, i didn't copy and paste this took me an hour to do,lol.

i'm hoping to do journalism when i leave school and do journalism, while playing for the school football team.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2015