1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you think we still have a chance of progressing?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Luis1967, Feb 15, 2019.

Discuss Do you think we still have a chance of progressing? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Even if we don't I want us to score first at least. Have some time where we can dream. I don't want them scoring and it's over. I'd be happy being allowed to dream for some time.

Cumbernauld Bhoy67 and Murph-E like this.
  2. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Thought we played well away from home against Gladbach and City. I know we are pretty poor away from home but I don’t think we are as disastrous under Rodgers like we were under Lennon or Strachan.

3. CountyDownFaithful

Tie is over. But in terms of getting a decent result and not getting embarrassed, we would need to go 2 up top and go direct instead of trying to play it out from the back. However Rodgers will not revert from his usual style which is his biggest downfall.

4. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

To be fair to him, we went 2 up top against Salzburg away and got destroyed.

5. CountyDownFaithful

Burke and Edouard are both quicker and stronger than Griff so I think they two together would offer a better, more dynamic option.

I’d like to see us trial two up top domestically, the current system is working, but would still be good to see nonetheless.

6. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Bitton has hardly played any real competative first team football since returning. I really dont think he would stand to gain anything from getting thrown into such a tough match. we got comprehensively outplayed at home, with our strongest midlfield, and they didnt even have to be close to their best.

Anything other than playing our strongest availible side will be seen as giving up on the tie and it will reflect badly on Rodgers, given how poor we were in the first game. Whilst i can see the logic in focusing solely on the domestic competetion im more than sure BR does not want another heavy defeat.

If we are really going to learn, we need to start going to these places in europe and learn how to compete. In my opinion, we have shown no signs of having made any real progress in europe. I just think that another pumping and we are back to square one and i really dont want to have to hear another Rodgers interview where he tries to say that there were positves, that we are learning, or that we tried to play the right way because eventually the fans will become disillusioned.

7. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Its always a tough ask against a team who have the financial muscle to be spending €30-40m on players.

Yes Marcelinho has made them tough to beat but we made so many basic and * errors that we were not tough to beat. Giving the ball away so deep in our own half is criminal, its just basic.

Yes we now have nothing to lose and we should try and have a real go. But we should have been playing without fear at celtic park. They were missing two of their best talents in Rodrigo and Guedes.

Whilst they are definitely not a weak side, they have this season failed to find any kind of consistent form.
    It was a perfect away performance. But i think your optimism of standing a better chance playing a more attacking team is a bit mis placed when we were so slack with our use of the ball from the back and defensive positioning.

8. Bunk Moreland

We went to Killie today and had to grind out a last gasp 1-0 win, hate to say it but there's no way we're going over there and scoring 3 or 4

9. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    Real Madrid could go and get beat away to a bottom of the league side but I still wouldn’t write them off to win the champions league

10. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Weah has to start, need players who play with no fear.

11. Fear Dearg

Fav Celtic Player:
    Pat Bonnar
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and Over
    With our squad as it is I wont be losing any sleep about going out

The proirity has to be the league