1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you enjoy what you do?

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by CalgaryBhoy, Jun 26, 2017.

Discuss Do you enjoy what you do? in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. CalgaryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tha Thumb
    Not as simple a question as it seems, but do you enjoy what you do for work/for your career?

2. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I made a thread a few months back asking the same thing, unsurprisingly quite a lot of people said no.

I was on teaching placement last year and really enjoyed it, and it's the career I am definitely going for, but looks like I'll need to take a year off to work full time in another role to pay the fees for the second year of my masters. So the answer is I don't know yet as I am looking for a job. :giggle1:

3. Jax Teller

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thumb
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldier song
    Nup.

Literally gave my notice on friday there, and was telt to go home there and then. Gettin paid for my notice though.

Need to find a job until i start college end of august, im a mechanic but going to study manufacturing engineering.

packybhoy and Captain Brown like this.
  4. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Naw.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  5. RudiVata

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic song
    Taken from the wonderful Ragged Trousered Philanthropists by Robert Tressel

"Extraordinary as it may appear, none of them took any pride in their work: they did not `love' it. They had no conception of that lofty ideal of `work for work's sake', which is so popular with the people who do nothing. On the contrary, when the workers arrived in the morning, they wished it was breakfast time. When they resumed work after breakfast they wished it was dinner time. After dinner they wished it was one o'clock on Saturday.

So, they went on, day after day, year after year, wishing their time was over and, without realising it, really wishing that they were dead"

Pretty much sums it up for me.

6. Dhan

Served my time as a mechanic and enjoyed that up until about 30 years old .then realised that if you are a half decent mechanic then you are limited as the bosses want you to stay there and fix everything for them
    Left and started in the plant game fixing excavators and dumpers and general big machines
    Realised I could make more dough selling the machines than fixing the stuff after watching salesmen steal all my leads I gave them
    After speaking with my C.E.O. On a drunken night out ten years ago and our boss retiring and going through interview process I then took over sales and service team and love my job and if you get the results we are looking for we all are rewarded and looked after
    hard graft but I look after my team and leave their time management to themselves and if I think they are taking the * I will turn up an annoy the * out them as they can't take the * as I have been there and done all the dodges
    Monday to Friday Job is half the battle to a good job but there is times I am away from house overnight but I would rather do that then work overtime sat/sun
    there is a different mind set between being hourly paid and salary and whether its for you

TimFloyd and StPauli1916 like this.
  7. MartinVienna

I don't have a "career". I don't have a plan for myself either. I just work to be able to live. Am happier out of office than inside. Well.........., having said that, with 34 degrees, the air-conditioned office isn't that bad...
    :87:

8. Aidan O’Shea

A quite fantastic book.

9. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

If I had to work less hours I wouldn't mind. Usually working 6 out of the 7 days a week

10. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Naw, I would personally love to go on a killing spree in my work, and if management keep their * up it might just happen.

11. CalgaryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tha Thumb
    Basically made this thread as I'm at that early 20's road block. Had a passion for firefighting but its not as if thats an always hiring job, ie. went into nursing school but not sure if I'm wanting to do it for a career.

I see some people who love what they learn and love what they are going into but I just dont get that vibe. I dont mind what I'm learning but I definitely do not wake up smiling ear to ear thinking about working as a nurse. Definitely like my time off as opposed to working or studying, but I've always wanted a situation where I wouldn't necessarily dislike working.

12. M.E.T.H.O.D MAN Straight from the slums of Shaolin

I'm on the dole so yes :giggle1:

13. Aidan O’Shea

Typical Dub. :celt_smil

14. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

Dear christ no. I'm in a weird spot tho where I don't plan/want to do what I'm doing for much longer and it's basically just a temporary job until a I save enough money and pretty much try and decide what it actually is I want to do.

15. The Greenman King of kings

I don't mind my actual work its just the management that are * pains in the *

16. M.E.T.H.O.D MAN Straight from the slums of Shaolin

I'm going looking for farm work in the west of Ireland then I'm gonna rob a tractor and joy ride it through the city centre.

Aidan O’Shea and StPauli1916 like this.
  17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Don't mind it. Some * day's, some good..

18. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Yes I very much enjoy my job, its far far better than having to actually do a days work tbh.

19. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    well actually ... aye ! spent a long time in the accident repair game ( spray painter ) and at the end was * suicidal with workload and fuds I had to work with . jacked it and had 2 years being house husband . eventually got a job delivering hot meals to the auld folk ( fekkin nicer people you couldn't meet ) and have now been poached to school runs in rural areas in Ayrshire meeting the next generation ( don't worry folks we will be fine ) but the most eye opening bit was a six year old explaining how much Donald Trump was basically an * . so yes I'm happy at work .

20. Mr. Slippyfist

The answer to your question is:

NAW A * HATE IT!!!!!

CalgaryBhoy and StPauli1916 like this.