1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Derry captain Ryan McBride RIP

Discussion in 'World Football' started by The IRA, Mar 20, 2017.

Discuss Derry captain Ryan McBride RIP in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    EVERYONE at Celtic Football Club was shocked and saddened to hear of the sudden death of Derry City captain, Ryan McBride, who passed away on Sunday at the age of just 27.

The Derry-born defender fulfilled his football ambition when he joined his hometown club back in 2011, going on to make almost 200 appearances for the club and becoming club captain in 2015.

The devastating news of his death, which came just 24 hours after he helped Derry City beat Drogheda 4-0 at Maginn Park, Buncrana in a League of Ireland fixture, has stunned supporters of the club and, indeed, football fans throughout Ireland, while it has left his family and friends heartbreaken.

The thoughts and prayers of everyone at Celtic Football Club are with Ryan’s family and friends, and everyone connected with Derry City FC, at this desperately sad time

From the official Celtic website.

RIP Ryan.

Swervedancer likes this.
  2. muffitO'tea

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Tragic.
    Wonder what happened.

3. Swervedancer Guest

That is unbelievably sad. Not just how young he was but the fact his profession involved being very fit. Life really can deal folk the worst hands sometimes.

Condolences to his family who must be suffering terribly , that is far too young an age to die.

My heart goes out to his team mates too who must also be in deep shock.

R.I.P :shamrock: Ryan McBride, may there be football in Heaven.

4. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

sad news

r.i.p