1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Defensive Coaching

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Avatar Daizen, Aug 14, 2019.

Discuss Defensive Coaching in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. LyleDavidson

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson & Sutton - KT
    Fav Celtic Song:
    COYBG
    I think a lot of people are trying to simplify the coaches roles and responsibilities too much, just because you played in one position doesn’t mean you coach is responsible for all the flaws there. The coaches will work as a unit to deliver our playing style which due to the attacking nature of Celtic and asking our full backs to push forward we are going to be susceptible to counter attacks and will find when we change our style in Europe to be uncomfortable for them as the will train all season to play one way then change to accommodate for maybe 6-10 games. Think the whole system and team selection and consistency has as much to do with our team defensively as a whole.

As for our recent performance against Cluj I don’t think the coaching was the issue in losing the goals we did. The lack of activity to fill the positions properly that we have known for a long need addressed would be more concerning as that resulted in McGregor(/Jonny Hayes at times)being played at left back and beaten at the back post, Lennon. Has proved how much faith he has in Boli Lennon choosing to remove our best midfielder to play through the pass due to his ability to play in small spaces to accommodate Ntcham and our marquee signing on the bench, Browns moment of madness (less said the better about this), when we go 3-2 up Bitton should have been brought on to shore the team up rather than Lewis * Morgan
    And Bain didn’t fill himself in glory for 2nd or 3rd goal in my opinion.

2. Seosamh Máirtín

The coaching isn't great, no, but the biggest concern I have with us is the mental aspect of the game. Too often do we fall victim to lapses in concentration and poor decision making choices. This can't be trained. We need better players, simple.

3. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Its been suspect since Deila and the “zonal marking” shambles and it should be assessed. Unfortunately John Kennedy has been a common denominator.