1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Dedryck Boyata

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Boom Stick, May 31, 2015.

Discuss Dedryck Boyata in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

Tags:
  1. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

How do you quantify keeping him and helping us towards a triple treble and maybe progression in the EL..

Hard to put a price on that.. would rather keep him and lose him for nothing in the summer, unless the offer was substantial.

However, wouldn’t be surprised if a deal had already been agreed in principal.

Seán Mac D likes this.
  2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    This is Lawwell we're talking about :56:

Random Review likes this.
  3. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Aye, hard for us to put a price on that..:56:

BR was strong/stupid around him the summer, don’t see that changing unless we get in another Big Beautiful Black Bhoy in..

4. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Be sold for half a mill and 3 night stay at the savoy for Peter all expenses and buffet in Soho..

No danger of that with Brendan :brendy:

JC Anton likes this.
  5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

DEDRYCK BOYATA has admitted he struggled earlier this season when Celtic refused to sell him in a big money transfer stand-off.

The Hoops star attracted major interest from Fulham in the summer, but the Hoops wouldn't contemplate selling him to the London club.

Boyata didn't play in a crucial Champions League qualifier against AEK Athens and Celtic fans later unfurled a banner stating 'Boyata - not fit to wear the jersey' before his return against Hamilton Accies.

But the Belgium star is back as a vital member of Brendan Rodgers' side, although he is out of contract at the end of the season.

And he admitted it was a difficult time for him earlier this season.

He said: " That was hard. I will not deny that.

"But everything is going well again today. I play every game. We will see what the future will bring. I do not try to think too much about that."

And Boyata admits he should have joined Celtic earlier.

He said: "I should have taken that step of joining Celtic even earlier.

"Under Roberto Mancini I got my first chances. I was 19 at the time. After that season I was able to go to Everton. I should have done that.

"City became bigger and bigger every year. That does not make it easy for a youth player to continue to grow."

And Boyata, in an interview with Belgian newspaper de Zondag, revealed he's uncomfortable with the huge wages he earns.

He pointed out: "I have that Congolese culture in me. I do not only play football for myself. I want to give something back to my parents. Despite everything, I received a good education.

"They can now also lead a better life. My father has his own transport company. I am grateful to be in this position.

"Football players enjoy a status that is actually unjustified. I know what my mother has to do for her wages.

"In comparison, footballers earn too much money. But I stay away from that fake stuff. That is because of my background. I was not a big star when I was 18 and I'm not now."

6. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    While I don't think it will happen there are reasons they could spend that. The fear of being relegated and the money they would lose from dropping into the championship for one. The other being if they wait until the summer and they are relegated the player may not want to go there, so they could lose out on being in the premiership and getting the player. They could consider it a safer option to just pay over the odds to get the player early and improve their chances of premiership survival.

StPauli1916 and Spring Time like this.
  7. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    He sees it as a job and won’t be here at the end of the season. Not too perplexed by it myself as he is a player who can be replaced.

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  8. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Agreed, we need stability over the next 6 months, if we're to continue our momentum beyond the January transfer window. We can't afford to lose Boyata in January with Ajer being out injured, Jozo being all over the shop, Hendry being horrific and Leicester having a recall option on Benkovic.

If we had settled, fit alternatives then I'd say getting a transfer fee made sense but considering we don't then it's too much of a risk to sell and potentially get either someone who isn't as good or takes time to settle.

We made a Jeremy Hunt of it in the summer. We should've had a long list of options to go for early on in the window and we could've let Boyata go for what was a massive fee with 12 months to go. We didn't and backed ourselves into a corner were a guy that was refusing to play had became indispensable. Abysmal management that will hopefully never be repeated.

charlietully and JC Anton like this.
  9. Bertie Cauld

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of Kings
    I hope we offer him a contract with a minimum release clause if someone matches it. Only way I think he will re-sign, got a feeling his agent is touting him all over Europe though, probably sign for someone like Fenebache at £50k a week.

10. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

I think he only realised how big he * up after seeing the banner at the Hamilton game, fair * to him though he showed a lot of character to prove his worth again instead of going in the huff until January to get his move or like Dembele forcing his way out.

He is replacable but we need to actually spend a good bit of cash to do so, no loans or cheap options. And not * Scott McKenna!

Tommy25 and Jeremie Frimpong like this.
  11. scootz

He's a *!

kristof likes this.
  12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

13. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

* his birthday.

kristof and Mr. Slippyfist like this.
  14. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

I'm actually of the opinion he will be very VERY hard to replace. He's not put a foot wrong for months. He's been absolutely excellent.

Liam Scales likes this.
  15. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Hope he got a nice cake

And by nice cake I mean a big steamin jobby in his porridge

Big jobby that he is. Hope he’s not ill for tomorrow from it though

16. Mr. Slippyfist

He will be easy to replace.

Considering he's only STARTED playing decent fitba since he decided to try and come the *.

So * him, * dirty greedy *...

scootz likes this.
  17. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    He was exceptional in the invincible season, was good last year unless we played him when he was unfit and this season he’s stepped it up another level.

He’ll be very hard to replace. How many millions have we spent on defence since he’s been here and he’s still the number one choice? Jozo, Kolo, Erik, Hendry off the top of my head...

18. Mr. Slippyfist

That's a bit of a far-fetched overreaction mate...

Benkovic is a better defender than he as it stands.

He's a * scumbag that was willing to turn his back on the club at the drop of a hat, there's no coming back from that, no matter how much his tail is between his legs...

19. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Benkovic cost £13million though and he'll be off soon too, will be lucky if he plays 30 more games for us.

20. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I’m not for one second saying there is coming back from that but he totally transformed our defence when he came back into the fold.

And he’s been excellent since. Him being a throbber doesn’t change that.